Username
Password
Recording News - Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 60 of 62.
08:31 AM on 01/02/13
Brett9
a creative username?
User Info.
most anticipated of 2013. Can't wait for this.
12:49 PM on 01/02/13
MikeyJam
what shape is punk?
User Info.
I'm hoping this has the same energy with better lyrics than USAD.
this

love TSSF's sound, but hate most of their lyrics :/
01:09 PM on 01/02/13
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
Unbelievably excited for this thing. Easily my favorite new band from 2011, giddy like a school girl right now.
01:19 PM on 01/02/13
YOUAREtehSCENE
User Info.
Can't wait, been a fan since their first CD well EP. Last cd is hard to TOP!
01:26 PM on 01/02/13
kaylasananjou
Count Your Lucky Stars Records / Kayla
User Info.
If they could do an album with nothing like "Daughters" and "Mt. Diablo" on it, I could really let them become one of my favorite bands as opposed to the one I grudgingly like but spend half my time being pissed off about. Such great potential, almost all for nothing because of the blatant sexism.
05:08 PM on 01/02/13
Avalanche1
Keep running, keep shining on
User Info.
So excited
06:18 PM on 01/02/13
The_Effort
User Info.
Can't wait for this.
11:02 AM on 01/03/13
Donnie Ruth
I like to talk about blink-182
User Info.
If they could do an album with nothing like "Daughters" and "Mt. Diablo" on it, I could really let them become one of my favorite bands as opposed to the one I grudgingly like but spend half my time being pissed off about. Such great potential, almost all for nothing because of the blatant sexism.
It's funny, those are my two favorite songs.

It's also funny that the only complaints I have read on this page are regarding my favorite parts to this band. The vocals sound so good, and his lyrics are excellent. Honest lyrics are always better, especially if it "offends" a couple of people. Keep it up!
12:42 PM on 01/03/13
NateFoundGlory
Why do you stay till you see blood?
User Info.

It's also funny that the only complaints I have read on this page are regarding my favorite parts to this band. The vocals sound so good, and his lyrics are excellent. Honest lyrics are always better, especially if it "offends" a couple of people. Keep it up!
Lyrics are 'better' if they are offensive? Pretty dumb logic.
02:11 PM on 01/03/13
phopkins54
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
he's just trashing some hoes. nothing wrong with that.
03:41 PM on 01/03/13
kaylasananjou
User Info.

your favorite part of a band is how they shame women. awesome. definitely tells me what kind of a person you are. maybe you should try listening to some bands that are effectively offensive, to incite political change or social well-being, not just "wow i hate it when girls sleep with people that aren't me, better write a song about how they're drunk sluts at college."
06:09 PM on 01/03/13
Yellowcard2006
I'll buy you a raincoat
User Info.
your favorite part of a band is how they shame women. awesome. definitely tells me what kind of a person you are. maybe you should try listening to some bands that are effectively offensive, to incite political change or social well-being, not just "wow i hate it when girls sleep with people that aren't me, better write a song about how they're drunk sluts at college."
Is he wrong? He's just calling it like it is.

And I don't think you know what Mt. Diablo is about.
09:30 AM on 01/04/13
Donnie Ruth
User Info.
Well no, you are just twisting my words and exaggerating. No need to pretend you're a middle aged woman who can't handle some "hateful" words.

My favorite part is the honesty and emotions into the vocals, and the lyrics are extremely honest. If you can sit there and tell me your actually "offended" by another person's lyric, that tells me the kind of person you are and will become, and that tells me Parker is doing a hell of a fantastic job.

Lyrics are better if they are sincere and honest. If the emotions behind them have enough power to offend a couple people, where's the harm in that?

I think both of you should just not listen. Owl City and Josh Groban are releasing new music. If you can't handle some bitter honesty, why are you even commenting on the band's new album post? Sometimes realize "offending someone" is just a lack of another person's control over sensitivity. .
11:38 AM on 01/04/13
kaylasananjou
User Info.
Well no, you are just twisting my words and exaggerating. No need to pretend you're a middle aged woman who can't handle some "hateful" words.

My favorite part is the honesty and emotions into the vocals, and the lyrics are extremely honest. If you can sit there and tell me your actually "offended" by another person's lyric, that tells me the kind of person you are and will become, and that tells me Parker is doing a hell of a fantastic job.

Lyrics are better if they are sincere and honest. If the emotions behind them have enough power to offend a couple people, where's the harm in that?

I think both of you should just not listen. Owl City and Josh Groban are releasing new music. If you can't handle some bitter honesty, why are you even commenting on the band's new album post? Sometimes realize "offending someone" is just a lack of another person's control over sensitivity. .
You're literally too stupid to even try to have this discussion with. I bet you cry about being friendzoned a lot.
08:55 PM on 01/04/13
Donnie Ruth
User Info.
You're literally too stupid to even try to have this discussion with. I bet you cry about being friendzoned a lot.
Again, you completely missed my point. Never did I say I agree with his lyrics or can relate to them. I have just emphasized that honesty and pure emotions makes and calls for a way better band. Do you agree or disagree?

I also can never say with a straight face I'm "offended" by a lyric. That's juvenile and embarrassing, and that is how I distinguish the credibility of you calling me "too stupid". His lyrics are also not too "offensive" either, in my opinion. I guess I'm too stupid, and not as sensitive, too understand them.

You my friend used the "I can't even have this discussion because you're too stupid" card when someone else offers a differing opinion than you. And then you leave with a "aggresive" remark of me crying over being friendzoned. Should I leave you with a "I bet you are that drunk slut who fucks those random guys off at college cause you don't give a fuck?"
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests