Username
Password

08:08 AM on 01/02/13 
User Info.
esposimi
The Human Fund
Harrisburg, PA
Male - 24 Years Old
http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc will help a lot.

Also, I work for a company that custom builds PC's. We use all Intel parts (motherboards and processors), EVGA graphics cards, and Western Digital hard drives (Stay Away from Seagate, Samsung, or Toshiba!)
03:01 PM on 01/02/13 
User Info.
esposimi
The Human Fund
Harrisburg, PA
Male - 24 Years Old
Sounds good. Most people aren't doing SLI nowadays but it's worth noting that Ivy Bridge does not support dual x16 when you use more than one pci-e slot so if that's something you might be interested in, probably want to look at the Sandy Bridge-E platform. Also get quad channel ram when you go that way.

A lot of the newer boards can actually do Triple or Quad SLI using a special chipset. You would have to go with an LGA 2011 board though
05:58 PM on 01/02/13 
User Info.
esposimi
The Human Fund
Harrisburg, PA
Male - 24 Years Old
What's wrong with them if you don't mind my asking? I've had a Seagate external drive for years and it still works great, and I think my buddy's pretty happy with his Toshiba haha. J/w

It's not their external ones I have had problems with. When a person comes to my shop and brings in a laptop or desktop with a bad hard drive, it's almost always a Seagate. Also, all the systems we build use Western Digital drives.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos