AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 1 posts.
05:22 AM on 01/03/13
murta
User Info.
His voice has definitely become more rough sounding than it was back in Defining Refining, and has literally become more and more tough with every release. But I personally love it. What with this voice and the combination of the music changing slightly - it just gives me the sense of maturing throughout their progress, and for the better. The only thing that I was slightly disappointed with (only slightly) was not the overall length of the release but each individual song was a bit shorter than I'm used to with them. I still hold that Home I & II is my favorite song of theirs and is about 10 mins long if I recall.

On a side note, I've seen these dudes a few times in Wilmington but never had a chance to actually meet up with them. How are they as people? I'm assuming just a bunch of honest hardworking guys but just curious if anyone has ever spoken with them specifically and have anything to say.
I spoke to a couple of them after their performance at Fest 11 in Gainesville last year. I was pretty stoked, as I'm from the UK and it was my first time seeing Half Hearted Hero (and actually my first time in the States). Then later that night they drove past us and their vocalist Anthony recognised me and shouted me over and I stood talking to them for a good while.

Really cool guys, down to earth and I think very appreciative to meet fans that dig their music and connect with the lyrics.

I was fanboying out big time, but it was one of the highlights of the trip for me (one of the others being meeting David Liebe Hart from Tim & Eric) :D
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS