Seahawks at Redskins
11:42 AM on 01/02/13 
User Info.
Recovery Room
2014 NL EAST DIVISION CHAMPS
Neverland
Male
Texans, Packers, Ravens and Redskins
Just out of curiosity, why do you think 'Skins will win?
01:41 PM on 01/02/13 
User Info.
Recovery Room
Neverland
Male
I think Seahawks take it to washington though. That NFCEast blows.
Ha.
02:56 PM on 01/02/13 
User Info.
Recovery Room
Neverland
Male
Bengals at Texans
Vikings at Packers

Colts at Ravens
Seahawks at Redskins

I think Colts/Ravens is a 50:50 tossup. Seahwaks and Skins are the same team basically, except Seattle has an infinitely better secondary. Still think the Packers have no answer for AP, and the Texans have looked pretty lifeless of late.
Thing about Seattle's secondary? A lot of stuff they run is exactly what Washington thrives at exploiting. It'll be interesting to see how much they adjust their philosophy.
03:16 PM on 01/02/13 
User Info.
Recovery Room
Neverland
Male
What kinda stuff is that?
Man Cover 1, Sherman/Browner in tight man (Garçon is nasty in bump-and-run), their aggression/speed on defense overall can lead to huge cut back lanes (perfect for Alfred Morris).

Football Outsiders ranks them as the least consistent defense in league for various reasons.
03:21 PM on 01/02/13 
User Info.
Recovery Room
Neverland
Male
Hmm....It's interesting and will be the best game to watch this weekend, imo. I still think Seattle wins though.
Other thing to watch out for is turnovers. Seattle's offense and high production are fueled by TOs and the Redskins don't turnover the ball.

Still can't believe Seattle is favored, should be a pick 'em.
07:39 AM on 01/03/13 
User Info.
Recovery Room
Neverland
Male
QBs aside, how different are Seattle and Washington from last year?
07:40 AM on 01/03/13 
User Info.
Recovery Room
Neverland
Male
Full playoff predictions:

Wild-Card Round
Bengals at Texans
Vikings at Packers
Colts at Ravens
Seahawks at Redskins

Divisional Round
Ravens at Broncos
Packers at 49ers
Redskins at Falcons
Texans at Patriots

Conference Championship Round
Packers at Falcons
Patriots at Broncos

Super Bowl
Patriots vs Falcons
REALLY want to see a Redskins/Falcons rematch. Oh man.
07:51 AM on 01/03/13 
User Info.
Recovery Room
Neverland
Male
I actually think that is a game where we could both feel confident our team would win, if that makes sense.
Totally. I also think the score would be like 45-42, haha.
09:44 AM on 01/04/13 
User Info.
Recovery Room
Neverland
Male
Man, the Seahawks fans (Weebs aside), players and media members are a cocky bunch. Really, REALLY hoping for a 'Skins win now.
11:03 AM on 01/04/13 
User Info.
Recovery Room
Neverland
Male
Aren't you a skins fan?
Yeah, but I'm not guaranteeing a win or acting like the Seahawks have no chance. The media here isn't downplaying the Seahawks strengths and acting like the Redskins have no flaws. That segment Brock and Salk did with Bram Weinstein says enough.

He is. But in the Hawks fans defense, I've noticed since the Skins have become relevant again, they've gotten a bit cocky themselves.

Here and other forums. Which is to be expected. Success tends to breed a bit of cockiness in most fanbases, imo.
Of course there's going to be fans here and there, but the cockiness from the majority of Seahawks is astounding. Most of them don't even think they have a) any weaknesses and b) a chance of losing on Sunday.

I also haven't heard any Redskins players mouthing off talking about how if everyone does what they need to do the Seahawks won't run, and that they're not afraid of any of their receivers, etc. etc. The worst I've heard is DeAngelo Hall saying that they're familiar with each other and don't like one another.
11:11 AM on 01/04/13 
User Info.
Recovery Room
Neverland
Male
And since I've typed that Mack Strong is now talking some trash, it's absurd.

Anyway, I just hope the Redskins are actually putting all of this on the bulletin board.
11:21 AM on 01/07/13 
User Info.
Recovery Room
Neverland
Male
they started to dominate well before RG3 got really hurt. bad start and annihilation after that.
What? RG3 got re-injured on the drive where the Redskins went up 14-0. From that point on he could't do anything and that's when the "annihilation" began.
11:25 AM on 01/07/13 
User Info.
Recovery Room
Neverland
Male
Aside from the first ~10 minutes of that game, Seattle dominated. I don't see how you can say otherwise if you watched it.
Yeah, they dominated once RG3 got hurt and he couldn't do anything anymore.

You don't think it's a coincidence the Redskins were up 14-0 (the 2nd TD drive was when RG3 got reinjured) and they couldn't do anything from that point on? It's easy to dominate once a man can't run and/or throw when the whole game plan/offense kind of needs both attributes in order to function.
11:34 AM on 01/07/13 
User Info.
Recovery Room
Neverland
Male
so does RGIII play D too? because the Redskins D sure didn't show up for the final 3 quarters.
C'mon, dude, I know you know football better than this.

Their offense was CONSTANTLY pinned deep and going 3-and-out. I don't care if you're the greatest defense of all time, no defense can be expected to shut down a team an entire 3 quarters when they have no shot of winning field position and their offense can't give them a chance to catch their breath.

I mean, shit, did you see what the Redskins were doing on defense when their offense was able to contribute something? Those two things kind of go hand-in-hand. Plus, everyone knew the Redskins defense weren't worldly beaters. Our shitty defense had held them to 13 points with 4 red zone appearances and kept getting nothing in return because RGIII couldn't do anything.

What was the score once there was the botched snap and RGIII got seriously injured? I can't guarantee the Redskins would have won, of course, but you sure as hell could make a case for Washington to continue to move the ball, put up some points and their defensive effort might have been enough.

But it's asinine to act like the Seahawks just flat out dominated the Redskins and we had no chance simply due to football ability.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos