AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 6 posts
12:39 PM on 01/02/13
ChaseTx
I'm stoked on it. Or intrigued, to say the least.

An American Gangster sound paired with relevant lyricism would work great with the setting, I think.
01:47 PM on 01/02/13
ChaseTx
Yeah, a hip-hop soundtrack paired with a classic piece of literature set in the 1920's will totally work well.

I'm a huge Jay-Z fan but Baz Luhrman is going to fuck up this movie so bad. This should have been an Oscar contender but instead we are going to get a CGI fest that is catered towards 15 year olds that consider Tim Burton to be the greatest director of all time.
I'm expecting it to have a jazzy '20s feel anyway, just with hip-hop rhythms. I'll call it, this will be great.
02:05 PM on 01/02/13
ChaseTx
Too many of these comments hurt my heart.
No kidding. Pop punk kids are the worst.
02:32 PM on 01/02/13
ChaseTx
I mean, do you think everyone here would be super happy if the score was done by The Wonder Years or Taking Back Sunday?

This all gives me a bad feeling but I liked your idea about the jazzy '20s feel, hopefully that's what they're aiming for.
No, I don't. I was just generalizing about the type of people who jump in every hip hop thread with the usual comments. Though I love TBS and would check it out if they did it.

One thing about hip hop is that the music is very versatile. While the genre didn't come about til the late 70s, it can be adapted to sounds from just about any era.
08:45 PM on 01/02/13
ChaseTx
Please no lyrics in a score.
Who knows? apparently the director likes anachronistic, unexpected scores. It could go either way
09:06 PM on 01/02/13
ChaseTx
I just recently saw a good chunk of Romeo + Juliet, that's all though

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums