User Info.
This song is bad and the video is a snore

SO EDGY
04:16 PM on 01/03/13
Dre Okorley
@dreudangers
User Info.
He's right that it does, but so what?
....sooo you get many eggheads like in this thread commenting on how he's nothing special and are completely missing the point.
04:43 PM on 01/03/13
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
If you don't care for rap then why bother. His flow is comparable to the top 3 MCs ever while still sounding very unique. Kendrick Lamar will be in hip hops top ten when its all said and done .

I wouldn't bother, it was on Conan and since I go to this site all the time I recognized the hype but failed to see anything remarkable about him. Maybe it was a bad performance? My gf commented that he sounded like a kid learning to read aloud.
05:14 PM on 01/03/13
Dre Okorley
@dreudangers
User Info.
I wouldn't bother, it was on Conan and since I go to this site all the time I recognized the hype but failed to see anything remarkable about him. Maybe it was a bad performance? My gf commented that he sounded like a kid learning to read aloud.
And why would she say that? I understand him having a high-pitched voice, but nothing about him rapping reflects his intelligence. What nonsense.
05:38 PM on 01/03/13
WeltallAY
User Info.
And why would she say that? I understand him having a high-pitched voice, but nothing about him rapping reflects his intelligence. What nonsense.

No, not that he sounded unintelligent, rather the words didn't flow out of his mouth like other rappers. Probably just a bad performance.
06:10 PM on 01/03/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
No, not that he sounded unintelligent, rather the words didn't flow out of his mouth like other rappers. Probably just a bad performance.

Dude, save yourself the embarrassment and don't talk about rap.

Just like I wouldn't jump into a screamo thread and pretend they have a shred of talent.
06:15 PM on 01/03/13
WeltallAY
User Info.
Dude, save yourself the embarrassment and don't talk about rap.

Just like I wouldn't jump into a screamo thread and pretend they have a shred of talent.

The difference is that I actually like some rap, I don't blindly hate an entire genre.
07:48 PM on 01/03/13
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com/
User Info.
so having a flow different from other rappers is a bad thing? I don't know what performance you saw but he probably killed it.
12:33 AM on 01/04/13
Dre Okorley
@dreudangers
User Info.
My thoughts exactly. I thought the same with "Swimming Pools (Drank)" too...I feel like a lot of people aren't realizing that this song is sort of parodying his start in rap and "Drank" is disapproving of the wasted/faded lifestyle.

I guess it comes down to what sells for him/his label, which is kind of sad. I'd love to see "Bitch, Don't Kill My Vibe", "Art of Peer Pressure", or "Money Trees" as next single.
There's also no guarantee that the public would grasp the messages in those songs either (to play devils advocate )
11:26 PM on 01/04/13
dietoseeyoufail
http://soundcloud.com/allencasillas
User Info.
I feel like this comes off as just about any hip-hop single without the context of the album.
Exactly. That's exactly what's going on.
I think it's great. Rope 'em in, and give them what they didn't expect.
11:29 PM on 01/04/13
dietoseeyoufail
http://soundcloud.com/allencasillas
User Info.
Just saw this guy on Conan....what the fuck is all the fuss about?! Everyone on AP seems to suck this guys dick but there is nothing special about him. Granted I don't care for rap typically but even with other lauded acts (i.e.; saw a Frank Ocean performance, thought it was chill and a bit unique) I can see why someone may be popular. This guy seemed to be reading off a card or something.
Listen to his records... "Section 80" or GKMC. This is all part of the bigger picture.

... he's alright live. He's better when the crowd is hyped with him.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos