Username
Password

12:21 PM on 01/03/13 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
Yea I kinda agree with you about the bolded part... The dogs next door are literally outside 95% of the time... and now it's winter and it's like 30F at night, so I kinda feel bad for the dogs... but I guess it's not up to me to tell them how to treat there animals as long as they can get them to shut the hell up

According to the ASPCA/Google, if they don't have a form of standing shelter outside, it is animal cruelty. But, for some reason, any dog house or structure with four walls for the dogs to hang out in has no temperature restrictions.
12:26 PM on 01/03/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 31 Years Old
According to the ASPCA/Google, if they don't have a form of standing shelter outside, it is animal cruelty. But, for some reason, any dog house or structure with four walls for the dogs to hang out in has no temperature restrictions.

interesting... I'm not sure if they have any dog houses or not... but I'm pretty sure they don't.

The fucked up thing is that I have a rainwater harvesting system that catches all the rainwater in barrels. Over the summer I had one of them open to catch water, and I forgot to put the lid back on it for a couple days... Well, I don't know if it was these douchbags next door or if just dumb luck, but somehow the city got wind of it and came by to write me a warning for having standing water, because there was the whole West Nile scare...

The neighbors have a chain link fence covering the front part of their yard, I have no idea how the city didn't notice their 14 dogs barking at the top of their lungs, but I digress
12:43 PM on 01/03/13 
User Info.
Ollie McKraut
Registered Member
Male - 23 Years Old
I would have grinned and put up with it that night and then talked about it in the morning, but I'm from the midwest and very nice and chilled out nonconfrontational type so maybe you did the right thing.
12:55 PM on 01/03/13 
User Info.
HarryPotter
No Avatar Selected
Hogwarts
Male - 27 Years Old
when I had an outdoor dog I'd feel horrible if he barked at night because people were trying to sleep. He usually didn't for long, but when he did i'd be out there shutting him up. Neighbors never complained because I never let it get out of hand until we got a new dog after the good one died. That little bastard wouldn't shut the fuck up. He'd even bark with a muzzle on so finally we decided that we hate him and gave him back to the guy that sold it to us a year later.

Long story short, if the neighbors are good people I'm sure they feel pretty bad about it. If they are good people they'll remedy the situation. If they haven't done any of that you have to wonder if you are being unreasonable. Because it's either you are unreasonable or they are douchebag neighbors. And if the latter is true, call the f*cking cops.
01:42 PM on 01/03/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 31 Years Old
I would have grinned and put up with it that night and then talked about it in the morning, but I'm from the midwest and very nice and chilled out nonconfrontational type so maybe you did the right thing.

If I have put up with it last night, I'd of gotten no sleep... none. These dogs weren't barking a little bit, they were going insane.

when I had an outdoor dog I'd feel horrible if he barked at night because people were trying to sleep. He usually didn't for long, but when he did i'd be out there shutting him up. Neighbors never complained because I never let it get out of hand until we got a new dog after the good one died. That little bastard wouldn't shut the fuck up. He'd even bark with a muzzle on so finally we decided that we hate him and gave him back to the guy that sold it to us a year later.

Long story short, if the neighbors are good people I'm sure they feel pretty bad about it. If they are good people they'll remedy the situation. If they haven't done any of that you have to wonder if you are being unreasonable. Because it's either you are unreasonable or they are douchebag neighbors. And if the latter is true, call the f*cking cops.

I assure you I am not being unreasonable. I've put up with this shit for almost a year and a half. It's gotten worse though and the neighbors don't give a shit. I swear they've probably gotten more dogs. Like I said I don't want to call the cops and cause problems, because they will know it's me, but if this shit keeps up I will knock on their door, even if it's 2 in morning... and if it still keeps up then I'll file a noise complaint
05:57 PM on 01/03/13 
User Info.
leftapart
Bay Area, CA
Male
At war with the mystics!
12:12 PM on 01/04/13 
User Info.
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
Austin, TX
Male - 28 Years Old
man do i have neighbor stories....

my first neighbors were a Moroccan family and they had wild loud kids that stomped and were loud at all times and since i live in a half house i can hear them through the walls and shit. They would also do laundry at like 3 am and the machine would be going crazy knocking around and they used to constantly have their idiot friends and relatives block my driveway because they overparked or didn't park right. the kids were bastards and stole unripe tomatoes off my plants in the backyard that they are not allowed to be in according to the lease. they would also take my snow shovel without asking and other things. they had no supervision and talking to the mother didn't do too much. the final straw came when they were leaving rotten trash in the basement and having it stink up my place because they didn't have a garbage lid and it was too much effort for them to but a new one so they hid nasty trash in the basement. I yelled at them and then they started yelling in Arabic and me lol.

thank god they moved out. they moved to Bayonne NJ and i don't care if this makes me an asshole but I kinda hoped they had their place flooded by Sandy for being such shitty inconsiderate neighbors. My new ones are okay. they are loud but i've come to learn i guess all kids stomp around and be loud. but whatev.
01:18 PM on 01/04/13 
User Info.
Tony
Fuckface Extraordinaire
Seattle
Male
I assure you I am not being unreasonable. I've put up with this shit for almost a year and a half. It's gotten worse though and the neighbors don't give a shit. I swear they've probably gotten more dogs. Like I said I don't want to call the cops and cause problems, because they will know it's me, but if this shit keeps up I will knock on their door, even if it's 2 in morning... and if it still keeps up then I'll file a noise complaint

Screw dealing with them one-on-one. They're inconsiderate, and by your account, in violation of local laws. Just call the cops next time it happens. The neighbors won't know it's you, since they have other neighbors (who I guarantee will be grateful for your intervention) and the cops won't tell them who called (standard procedure). Do this every time it happens for longer than a few minutes, and the neighbors will either get the point (maybe a few fines will drive that point home) or word will get back to their landlord and they'll get the boot since I'm sure they're in violation of their lease if they have that many animals. If they bring about any kind of retaliation or intimidation against you, that's against the law - call the cops and they'll be out of your hair in no time.

I had to call the cops on my neighbors this past summer due to domestic violence. Very different situation, I know, but there was no retaliation and the problem (read: alcoholic girlfriend) went away immediately. Looking back, I'm frustrated that I chose to live with that nonsense for so long, and I think you'll feel the same way.
01:30 PM on 01/04/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 31 Years Old
Screw dealing with them one-on-one. They're inconsiderate, and by your account, in violation of local laws. Just call the cops next time it happens. The neighbors won't know it's you, since they have other neighbors (who I guarantee will be grateful for your intervention) and the cops won't tell them who called (standard procedure). Do this every time it happens for longer than a few minutes, and the neighbors will either get the point (maybe a few fines will drive that point home) or word will get back to their landlord and they'll get the boot since I'm sure they're in violation of their lease if they have that many animals. If they bring about any kind of retaliation or intimidation against you, that's against the law - call the cops and they'll be out of your hair in no time.

I had to call the cops on my neighbors this past summer due to domestic violence. Very different situation, I know, but there was no retaliation and the problem (read: alcoholic girlfriend) went away immediately. Looking back, I'm frustrated that I chose to live with that nonsense for so long, and I think you'll feel the same way.

I kind of agree with you but at the same time, I'm not trying to be a dick about it. I'm not trying to get them fined or kicked out (hell they may even own the house, but I doubt it)... I just don't want to hear dogs barking.

In all fairness, this happened 2 nights ago, and ever since, the dogs have not been outside... but I'm sure they'll be back

I don't think the other neighbors are as bothered by it as I am, because they aren't nearly as close to it as me. My bedroom window is literally feet from the dogs, while everyone else is at least a house's distance away, plus they are friendly with the other neighbors so I'm sure they'd know it was me... I'm really not that afraid of retaliation, but I smoke pot, and I'm sure they know it, so I'm just not trying to piss them off if I can help it.

I'm trying to be rational about it. I think talking to them about it, if it persists, is the way to go... at least for starters.

If I was doing something that bothered them, I'd rather them tell me first then call the cops, but I do feel like they've had fair warning by my flashing of the lights and now yelling...

we'll see what happens
01:50 PM on 01/04/13 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
I kind of agree with you but at the same time, I'm not trying to be a dick about it. I'm not trying to get them fined or kicked out (hell they may even own the house, but I doubt it)... I just don't want to hear dogs barking.

In all fairness, this happened 2 nights ago, and ever since, the dogs have not been outside... but I'm sure they'll be back

I don't think the other neighbors are as bothered by it as I am, because they aren't nearly as close to it as me. My bedroom window is literally feet from the dogs, while everyone else is at least a house's distance away, plus they are friendly with the other neighbors so I'm sure they'd know it was me... I'm really not that afraid of retaliation, but I smoke pot, and I'm sure they know it, so I'm just not trying to piss them off if I can help it.

I'm trying to be rational about it. I think talking to them about it, if it persists, is the way to go... at least for starters.

If I was doing something that bothered them, I'd rather them tell me first then call the cops, but I do feel like they've had fair warning by my flashing of the lights and now yelling...

we'll see what happens

Haha completely understandable
05:28 PM on 01/05/13 
User Info.
EvilZeppelin
FUZZZZZZ
Jamestown, NY
Male - 27 Years Old
09:10 PM on 01/05/13 
User Info.
ChelseaRiane
<3
Buffalo, NY
Female - 22 Years Old
I have two dogs, neither of them are barkers, but it's always the neighbor's dogs that can get some kind of rise out of them. I feel your pain, my neighbor's dogs (most of my neighbors, not just the ones next to me) ALWAYS fuckin bark and get left outside.

Leaving your dog outside for long periods is pretty much animal abuse. It's neglect. I wanna call animal control on my next door neighbors because their two dogs are literally ALWAYS outside and ALWAYS barking. It's December and Buffalo winters are pretty brutal especially at night.
09:11 PM on 01/05/13 
User Info.
ChelseaRiane
<3
Buffalo, NY
Female - 22 Years Old

God, I love him

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music