Password

05:22 PM on 01/03/13 
User Info.
Zac Djamoos
fantasizing the sight of manhattan
NJ
Male - 15 Years Old
Staff Member
Not when you all play the same song, like these guys.

05:39 PM on 01/03/13 
User Info.
volta
Is This Darkness or the Dawn
Foreal guys I actually love Attack! Attack!. Stop it.
05:57 PM on 01/03/13 
User Info.
EastCoastVans
oh, common life
who does a day to remember feud with, aside from victory? they always seem like really chill guys who get along with everyone.

I've heard they have some issue with Four Year Strong over a placement in a tour line up they were both on.
07:56 PM on 01/03/13 
User Info.
JunBringer
www.last.fm/user/junbringer
Annapolis, MD
Male
It wouldn't surprise me that some of it was staged. I'm usually ok with members leaving bands because they tend to make another band that is somewhat similar which then gives me two bands to listen to instead of one. Being a music nerd I can understand it being interesting.
10:31 PM on 01/03/13 
User Info.
EchoPark
promesas son sombras
Sydney AUS/Toledo OH
Male - 33 Years Old
OMAM and The Bouncing Souls on the same label. one wonders
10:37 PM on 01/03/13 
User Info.
AP_Punk
Anarchist Cat Owner
New, Mexico
Male - 25 Years Old
Rise should sign Guttermouth. They could take this to a whole new level.
01:22 AM on 01/04/13 
User Info.
Djentleman
Male - 25 Years Old
i love band drama.....except when the bands are on Rise records
Rise is just ex/former/new band members fighting about nothing important
band fights like Finch & Disturbed or Emmure & The Acacia Strain actually have a point n some form of interest
10:29 AM on 01/04/13 
User Info.
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
L’Amérique du Nord
Male - 26 Years Old
I still would but that's ok.

If you don't like it then that's fine but I find it completely ignorant that someone could possibly find those two songs to sound the same. That new AA! song is pure butt rock and sounds nothing like the OM&M track. That's like saying Prince and Drake sound the same.
03:47 PM on 01/04/13 
User Info.
CheckeredFloors
nah
Male - 20 Years Old
lol
04:12 PM on 01/04/13 
User Info.
Jake Jenkins
~
St. Louis, MO
Male - 21 Years Old
Staff Member
just compared shit metalcore to prince and drake
04:29 PM on 01/04/13 
User Info.
Sean Rizzo
Can you see evidence of perfection?
Male - 23 Years Old
Staff Member
Why would they fake this shit, to make people think that everyone on their label is white trash?
Dude, that's what their entire demographic is.
04:34 PM on 01/04/13 
User Info.
GreenGentleman
Ames, Iowa
Male - 21 Years Old
I can see how you're skeptical, but Landon Tewers (The Plot in You) is just an angry motherfucker who will say anything to cause a stir. He probably has reasons for his beef with Austin, but he won't announce them publicly, and he only told fans the song was about Austin after they pestered him constantly. People were guessing that every song TPIY released was about Austin, so Landon set the record straight.

So, yeah.

Other than that, I can see where you're coming from.
05:41 PM on 01/04/13 
User Info.
flo teezy
No Avatar Selected
Verified
Today The Plot In You released a song marketed as an attack on their labelmate Austin Carlile. We've also seen "dis tracks" from Attack Attack, Issues, etc. and they seem to generate a good amount of publicity, along with band splits that create equally profitable bands (Of Mice & Men, Issues, etc.)

I'm starting to think that most of this is fake in the same vein as publicity beef in rap music. If nothing else I believe that the label encourages bands and members to squabble with each other, and I wouldn't at all be surprised if it was mostly total fiction invented by the label, and the bands are just putting on a show. I'd bet money that Beartooth (Caleb Shomo's new band following Attack Attack!) will sign to Rise and start raking in even more money, while Attack Attack! continues to be popular. They split up their bands behind the scenes, the fans latch on to the tabloid-esque stories, and the label immediately has another band that's equally as successful and profitable.

Does this sound like a dumb conspiracy theory or could all the diva-style fighting that goes on with these metalcore bands really be faked by the label?

1. you are right in the fact it may be fake.. but its NOT for money, its for laughs..

2.who cares
01:42 AM on 01/05/13 
User Info.
cubine
www.facebook.com/truthunderattack
No Avatar Selected
Washington
Male - 21 Years Old
just compared shit metalcore to prince and drake

He compared the COMPARISON of Prince and Drake to the COMPARISON between the Of Mice & Men and Attack Attack! songs, not the artists themselves.
08:34 PM on 01/06/13 
User Info.
UphillBothWays
Still breathing fire.
Burlington, VT
Male - 19 Years Old
No way did Landon "fake" his feelings towards Austin, he has been vocal against him for a while. I'll go back to listening to the new TPIY album now.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets