Username
Password

05:51 AM on 01/07/13 
User Info.
Dustin Harkins
Go support Kony 2012 some more
TX
Male - 23 Years Old
Wouldn't they have the same level of success just by saying that the member split because of creative differences or something along those lines?

I'm pretty sure the only one of those that was actually fake was the 50 one, the other ones perhaps were blown out of proportion, but they were there. I could be wrong though, I don't really pay attention to that stuff.
Yup.

I kind of doubt it... people love their gossip and the more volatile a situation is the more interest it'll generate.

As far as I know the entire G.O.O.D. music vs. YMCMB incident was definitely a stunt, and the Drake/Common thing was blown way out of proportion by the media. I probably pay attention too much haha
G.O.O.D. vs YMCMB was blown out of proportion. Kanye and Big Sean never started any beef with anyone. The reason hip hop beef gets blown out of proportion is because let's face it, rap has a lot more fans than most of these bands (and rightfully so IMO) and it's a competitive genre so people are gonna blow things up looking for the next 2pac vs Biggie and not find it.

dude so fake! stay real!
REALLY REALLY REAL

Anyway all I can say after all that is beef timelines or gtfo
11:53 AM on 01/07/13 
User Info.
cubine
www.facebook.com/truthunderattack
No Avatar Selected
Washington
Male - 22 Years Old
How I feel:

09:47 AM on 05/28/13 
User Info.
cubine
www.facebook.com/truthunderattack
No Avatar Selected
Washington
Male - 22 Years Old
http://mindequalsblown.net/2013/05/14/interview-issues/

I guess there's some truth to it after all
10:13 AM on 05/28/13 
User Info.
marsvoltamcr
Registered Member
Moutain Top, PA
Male - 24 Years Old
I love bands like Attack Attack, Memphis May Fire, and the such, but I couldn't possibly care less about the drama caused by the immature band members. Just play your damn music.
10:17 AM on 05/28/13 
User Info.
marsvoltamcr
Registered Member
Moutain Top, PA
Male - 24 Years Old
Why would they fake this shit, to make people think that everyone on their label is white trash?

I've seen enough Risecore shows to know that the majority of their following fit that bill. Materialistic teenagers who care more about their hair and clothes than connecting with music. The shows are fun, but holy hell do the crowds suck.
03:29 PM on 05/28/13 
User Info.
iamalexenglish
So watch out, you're in danger
Pennsylvania
Male - 17 Years Old
Today The Plot In You released a song marketed as an attack on their labelmate Austin Carlile. We've also seen "dis tracks" from Attack Attack, Issues, etc. and they seem to generate a good amount of publicity, along with band splits that create equally profitable bands (Of Mice & Men, Issues, etc.)

I'm starting to think that most of this is fake in the same vein as publicity beef in rap music. If nothing else I believe that the label encourages bands and members to squabble with each other, and I wouldn't at all be surprised if it was mostly total fiction invented by the label, and the bands are just putting on a show. I'd bet money that Beartooth (Caleb Shomo's new band following Attack Attack!) will sign to Rise and start raking in even more money, while Attack Attack! continues to be popular. They split up their bands behind the scenes, the fans latch on to the tabloid-esque stories, and the label immediately has another band that's equally as successful and profitable.

Does this sound like a dumb conspiracy theory or could all the diva-style fighting that goes on with these metalcore bands really be faked by the label?
That's so stupid. Caleb left Attack Attack! because he said he didn't want the criticism or popularity, he said it got to him.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos