Chris M - Bears
Vanislh - Rams
<*)))>< - Texans
PAPER R1VAL - Chiefs, Raiders
Coverbydesign - Jaguars

Available teams
Cowboys
Saints

Trades: Cleveland trades its 1st (6) and 4th (103) to the Chargers for their 1st (11) and 2nd (45).

Cardinals: 7, 133
Pittsburgh: 17, 48, 112

Draft pick value chart

* - Subject to change due to playoff results

I'll post round 2 after the playoffs.

ROUND 1.
1. Kansas City: Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M

This draft lacks a lot of elite talent at the top, especially at the quarterback position. I don't see any of the QBs in this draft class as potential franchise quarterbacks.

Taking a player like Joeckel solidifies KC's offensive line for a long time. They are going to be a bad team for a while, but 2014's draft will be loaded with big time QB prospects like Teddy Bridgewater, Derek Carr, and Johnny Manziel. Having a potentially elite left tackle already in place when a young QB comes in is ideal.

2. Jacksonville: Jarvis Jones, OLB/DE, Georgia

With the number two pick in the 2013 draft the Jaguars pick Jarvis Jones from Georgia.Look the jags could have gone the route of picking up O-linemen to keep their Qb Blaine upright. But at this point its better for the jags to work on building a D that will wreak havoc on any team they face. This is where Jones comes into play he led the nation in sacks in 2012, tallying 14.5 from his outside linebacker position. The Jags need pass-rushers who can come off the edge and since he's also adept at playing in space, he's perfect for them.

3. Oakland: Star Lotulelei, NT, Utah

Richard Seymour isn't even trying at this point. And Tommy 'Supersize me' Kelly sucks.

4. Philadelphia: DeMarcus Milliner, CB, Alabama

With both Luke Joeckel & Star Lotuleilei off the board coupled with the Eagles not being able to gain enough valuable interest to trade down, they shift their focus to another huge need on the defensive side of the ball with the selection of DeMarcus Milliner. After a god awful 4-12 2012 season and many games with pass coverage breakdowns, its clear this thing needs to be blown up. Whether it is or not, remains to be seen. But with Nnamdi Asomugha scheduled to make 15.3M and Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie as a pending free agent, this pick just makes the most sense. The argument could be made that the only person that deserves a spot from the secondary on the 2013 roster is Brandon Boykin. Dee Milliner adds a physical presence at 6'1 200lbs with man cover skills which is a valuable asset to have in today's pass happy league.

The Eagles secondary is clearly in line for a re-haul just like most of the defense with the rumored pending switch to a 3-4 defense, Dee Milliner gives that re-haul a running start in the right direction.

5. Detroit: Ezekiel Ansah, DE/OLB, BYU

I'm torn between Eric Fischer and Ansah. But the Lions are one of the worst pass rushing teams in the NFL, and need help terrorizing Cutler, Rodgers, and Ponder.

Even if Avril is franchised / signed, they need an upgrade over the KVB.

A star at the Senior Bowl practices, 1 on 1 drills, and what's soon to be a combine, Ansah sneaks into the top 5.

6. Chargers: Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan

The Chargers had one of the worst Offensive Lines in the League. They could easily use a couple of Tackles and/or Guards. Eric Fisher makes the most sense with this pick. Jared Gaither cant be trusted and has injury problems and they had a undrafted LT taking over for Gaither. Fisher is just too good to pass up.

7. Pittsburgh: Damontre Moore, OLB, TA&M

With a pass rush close to non-existent and an aging defense the Pittsburgh Steelers need more youthful stars that will create an impact on their D-line. This pick will give them a player with all the skills necessary, a high upside and a high motor to help that mediocre secondary bat down passes as well as create more sack opportunities from being double teamed.

8. Buffalo: Alec Ogletree, LB, Georgia

The Bills can't stop the run. Nick Barnett hasn't been good, and he's our best linebacker. Kelvin Sheppard (MLB) has regressed and often looked lost in pass coverage. With a revolving door at the other LB position, the Bills grab a versatile stud who can play all 4 LB positions, in both. 3-4 and a 4-3.

A converted safety, Ogletree can help cover those TE's that consistently kill Buffalo. He brings athleticism and great tackling instincts and ability. He's not the strongest at the point, but if he can get his hands on someone, he can take them down. An with the amount of missed tackles and open TE's the team suffered through in 2013, a need to plug in a guy who can do both well is a must.

9. New York Jets
10. Tennessee
11. San Diego
12. Miami
13. Tampa Bay
14. Carolina
15. New Orleans
16. St. Louis
17. Arizona
18. Dallas
19. New York Giants
20. Chicago
21. Cincinnati
22. St. Louis (from Washington)
23. Minnesota
24. Indianapolis
25. Seattle
26. Green Bay
27. Houston
28. Denver
29. New England
30. Atlanta
31. Baltimore
32. San Francisco
09:51 AM on 01/03/13 
User Info.
WRLD ART
Quote this post if you can when you draft, so I can update the board quickly!

Happy mocking!
09:51 AM on 01/03/13 
User Info.
WRLD ART
obviously we can let everyone grab a team taht is interested but I can take a 2nd team if need be

Pick whoever buddy, you were one of the really active ones, I want all the teams that double up to be active!
11:44 AM on 01/03/13 
User Info.
WRLD ART
Just found the old thread for our mock last year.

I landed the Browns Richardson, Tannehill, and Whitney Mercilus

Post the link!
12:10 PM on 01/03/13 
User Info.
WRLD ART
I'll take the Texans.

You know, I've always wanted to ask, what the HELL is your username?
12:48 PM on 01/03/13 
User Info.
WRLD ART
Nabbed Kuechly, Konz (whoops), and Martin for the Bucs and Glenn, Wright, David, and Wilson for the Bengals. I don't think either fan base would be upset.

I'll take a second team if we reach that point this year since the Browns don't have a 2nd rounder. I assume we'll wait until the order is a bit more final?

I planned on starting this right after the SB and taking it 7 rounds.
05:31 PM on 01/03/13 
User Info.
WRLD ART
the draft pick value chart in the first post, man

for example the points have to add up in any draft pick trade...

Well they don't have to match up exactly. If a team has the 12th pick, but they don't have any glaring needs, they can take a small hit in points to get more picks.
10:14 PM on 01/03/13 
User Info.
WRLD ART
You'll all hear offers on every pick because that's what good teams do.
09:12 AM on 01/04/13 
User Info.
WRLD ART
So when's this gonna start up?

Right after the superbowl!
10:12 AM on 01/04/13 
User Info.
WRLD ART
with #12, I want one of Milliner/Werner/D. Jordan/Mingo/Ansah, depending on how FA goes. then fill up OL/WR/TE with the rest of the picks

I think at least one of those guys has to be there

Ansah / Wake would be insane.
10:18 AM on 01/04/13 
User Info.
WRLD ART
So are we really doing a 7 round mock in February then?

That's the plan. I mean, if we give twelve hours a pick, 81 days, that's at worst case scenario 162 picks, there are 255 picks (or around there, I believe), we really need to do an average of more than 3 a day. (3.148) to be exact, so people get about 8 hours a pick. And you and I both know that with the later rounds, it's harder.
10:34 AM on 01/04/13 
User Info.
WRLD ART
I just think starting a 7 round mock before the combine/free agency is kinda silly.....but maybe thats just me.

I remember last year, we did one or two mocks that were just 2-3 rounds if I'm not mistaken before all of those events took place and then made it through a pretty lengthy full mock which made sense but still struggled with interest in the later rounds.

I'm in for whatever though.

I don't think we got halfway through round 4 in any mock on here.

My thinking is this: I follow the Bills to the point where I get text / email alerts to even my work phone, I check about 5 Bills sites every day, and I know what the team is saying and thinking, I know we want Alex Smith, but I also know Alex Smith is not going to be comfortable going somewhere with a young QB waiting to take over, so it comes down to if we want a 1st round QB in the draft, or Alex Smith, and frankly, I think we want the guy in the draft. Even if it's not the guy who is going to win right away, watching RGIII, Dalton, Wilson, Luck, etc. all have success as young signal callers makes old man Wilson want to pull the trigger.

While I'm generally an idiot and pretty much only good for designing things and hating Ryan Fitzpatrick, I know the Bills, like you know the Eagles, like Cryates knowns the Falcons, and so on.

Imagine you're setting up a dream scenario for your team, you're a scout and the team comes to you the day after the draft and says, work with 31 interns on other teams, and create a shit ton of mock drafts with logic & reasoning so we have a gauge of what we can do with what when the draft rolls around.

Just have fun with it. Last year we had Zebrie 'Slow dick' Sanders in the first round.
01:16 PM on 01/04/13 
User Info.
WRLD ART
That does sound kind of bad since the combine usually raises and drops people's stocks. I don't think a lot of people would have even picked RG3 and no.2 right after the last Superbowl but I didn't really look at the last mock. I'm not sure but I'm sure you understand what I'm saying with Poe and Gillmore etc. also I wish we could just do the draft all at once kind of like when you draft players in fantasy. That would be pretty easy but I guess getting 32 people (if we get to that) would be hard to include all at once?

I'd like to get two mocks done, but that means people have 4 hours to pick.
04:38 PM on 01/04/13 
User Info.
WRLD ART

4 per draft pick.
05:24 PM on 01/04/13 
User Info.
WRLD ART

Take the Cowboys, they are pretty much the same thing.

;)

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version