AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

09:52 AM on 01/03/13 
User Info.
dom_182
Reckless Abandon
Male - 22 Years Old
Hi everyone! I'm currently approaching the end of my University degree over here in good old England! I've been looking for work to go into after my degree (predominantly in Marketing) and am finding opportunities hard to come by.

I've always toyed with the idea of working abroad and living in your delightful country has always appealed to me! I was just wondering if any of you could point me in the direction of where I might find vacancies advertised? I would love to live in New York, but am open to other areas of the country.

Slightly unusual thread to start on AP, I know, but I'm kind of clutching at straws here! Thanks amigos. :)
03:41 PM on 01/03/13 
User Info.
dom_182
Reckless Abandon
Male - 22 Years Old
Thanks for all the responses so far! I'm very grateful indeed! I'm finding it hard to find any entry level positions in businesses. I literally have no idea where to look for in terms of graduate schemes etc.
10:37 AM on 01/04/13 
User Info.
dom_182
Reckless Abandon
Male - 22 Years Old
9/10 times you find a job here by knowing someone or having some type of "in". I have friends with masters degrees who are really having trouble finding an entry level job. You need to make yourself stand out in some type of way. If you have money saved up, move here and look. Stop by businesses in person and hand them your resume. Make an impression. But rest assured, if you do that, it's a full time job in and of itself. And it'll most likely require more energy than any job that comes of it. It's exhausting.

I'll bite. What's your degree in? Only reason I ask is because you seem like an asshole and I want to see if you fit any funny stereotypes.

Yeah i guessed as much. I'll keep looking and hope that anything comes up. It's obviously not an ideal time to be looking for work right out of university, but I'll just have to get on with it! Cheers dude.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos