Username
Password

09:59 AM on 01/07/13 
User Info.
herestoyoufla
Still starin' down the sun
Tallahassee, FL
Male - 23 Years Old
I'd probably eat there too if the situation arose, but I don't think I could (in good faith) take myself to eat there without feeling super guilty.

BTW, if you weigh over 350 pounds you eat for free there... hahahaha
Wow, hahahaha. That's pretty fucked up.
10:04 AM on 01/07/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 30 Years Old
Dude, fried eggs on burgers are sooo fuckin' good. You gotta try it. Especially if you have jalapeneos on it as well. The combonation is orgasmic.

We have 2 places in tallahassee that serve awesome burgers like that.

Monks: http://www.wellsbrothersbarandgrill.com/menus/food/ and a much newer place
Vertigo Burger: http://www.vertigoburgersandfries.com/menu/

Both rather expensive, but always delicious. This won't help you at all since you're not visiting Tallahassee, but if you or anyone else ever does, you'll know where to go, haha.

Seconded
10:10 AM on 01/07/13 
User Info.
herestoyoufla
Tallahassee, FL
Male - 23 Years Old
Always makes for a messy meal, but it's worth it. Also, i'm the type of guy that needs some sort of spiciness in every meal, haha.
10:20 AM on 01/07/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 30 Years Old
Always makes for a messy meal, but it's worth it. Also, i'm the type of guy that needs some sort of spiciness in every meal, haha.

It's messy as hell, but totally worth it.

I too like to burn my mouth off when I eat... but in a good way.

This thread is making me hungry.

There's a place called "Smash Burger" that does this pretty well too.

You can build your own burger

I get...

Spicy Chipotle bun
Spicy Chipotle Mayo
Jalepenos (ask for them grilled)
Pepper Jack Cheese
Bacon
Fried Egg
...and I just noticed that they've added "Fried Mild Green Chili's to the menu... I'm gonna have to go there ASAP
10:22 AM on 01/07/13 
User Info.
herestoyoufla
Tallahassee, FL
Male - 23 Years Old
It's messy as hell, but totally worth it.

I too like to burn my mouth off when I eat... but in a good way.

This thread is making me hungry.

There's a place called "Smash Burger" that does this pretty well too.

You can build your own burger

I get...

Spicy Chipotle bun
Spicy Chipotle Mayo
Jalepenos (ask for them grilled)
Pepper Jack Cheese
Bacon
Fried Egg
...and I just noticed that they've added "Fried Mild Green Chili's to the menu... I'm gonna have to go there ASAP

Damn that sounds awesome. Spicy Chipotle Bun? Genius.

Have you ever dared to try spicy peppers like the Ghost Chille?
11:14 AM on 01/07/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 30 Years Old
Damn that sounds awesome. Spicy Chipotle Bun? Genius.

Have you ever dared to try spicy peppers like the Ghost Chille?

No I won't go that far... I'll do habaneros but that's about as crazy as I get.

I was talking to someone in another thread about Ghost Peppers though and he was saying that it depends on how you use them as to how hot they are... I actually grew a couple but they didn't turn out very hot. I think they may have been interbred or cross pollenated with some other peppers I was growing, but the habaneros never have a problems so idk...

I like the heat but I don't want to suffer too much to where I can't enjoy my meal so...
11:41 AM on 01/07/13 
User Info.
herestoyoufla
Tallahassee, FL
Male - 23 Years Old
No I won't go that far... I'll do habaneros but that's about as crazy as I get.

I was talking to someone in another thread about Ghost Peppers though and he was saying that it depends on how you use them as to how hot they are... I actually grew a couple but they didn't turn out very hot. I think they may have been interbred or cross pollenated with some other peppers I was growing, but the habaneros never have a problems so idk...

I like the heat but I don't want to suffer too much to where I can't enjoy my meal so...

Yeah, i only eat really hot peppers like that for the challenge, not the taste. I was only asking because the other week, my roomate brought home 12 of (supposedly) the hottest peppers in the world. After about 6 beers each, me and a couple friends had enough balls to just bite into a couple of them including different varities of the ghost chille. Pretty ridiculously hot. We each only bit off a little piece, but the heat just keeps rising and rising. After 10 minutes it was "peaking" and we were all sweating like crazy, haha. Felt like i got sprayed in the face with some mace or something haha. Also, i made the mistake one day to try one on an empty stomach. Never again, haha.
11:59 AM on 01/07/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 30 Years Old
Yeah, i only eat really hot peppers like that for the challenge, not the taste. I was only asking because the other week, my roomate brought home 12 of (supposedly) the hottest peppers in the world. After about 6 beers each, me and a couple friends had enough balls to just bite into a couple of them including different varities of the ghost chille. Pretty ridiculously hot. We each only bit off a little piece, but the heat just keeps rising and rising. After 10 minutes it was "peaking" and we were all sweating like crazy, haha. Felt like i got sprayed in the face with some mace or something haha. Also, i made the mistake one day to try one on an empty stomach. Never again, haha.

Yeah that sounds horrible. I'm not into the pain of it. I just enjoy the taste/heat of reasonably hot peppers... if they are still getting hotter and hotter after 10 minutes, count me out.

It seems like true ghost peppers would be hard to even hold in your hand. I mean if I eat a jalepeno and then rub my eye it burns like crazy and a ghost pepper is like 1000 times as hot
12:09 PM on 01/07/13 
User Info.
herestoyoufla
Tallahassee, FL
Male - 23 Years Old
Yeah that sounds horrible. I'm not into the pain of it. I just enjoy the taste/heat of reasonably hot peppers... if they are still getting hotter and hotter after 10 minutes, count me out.

It seems like true ghost peppers would be hard to even hold in your hand. I mean if I eat a jalepeno and then rub my eye it burns like crazy and a ghost pepper is like 1000 times as hot
Yeah, i'm pretty sure with the extremely hot ones, you have to handle them with gloves. I'm not sure about the ones that we had. I held it by the stem and nibbled the end off.
01:43 PM on 01/07/13 
User Info.
drat!
How much cheese is too much cheese?
PA
Male - 27 Years Old
If you like spicy this is the hottest store bought salsa I've ever had. It has a nice smokey flavor to it too.

http://shop.renfrofoods.com/products/ghost-pepper-salsa
02:02 PM on 01/07/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 30 Years Old
If you like spicy this is the hottest store bought salsa I've ever had. It has a nice smokey flavor to it too.

I've seen that stuff in the store, but I've strayed away from it because of the "ghost pepper" labeling

Is it do-able, or is it over the top?
02:04 PM on 01/07/13 
User Info.
herestoyoufla
Tallahassee, FL
Male - 23 Years Old

I've seen that stuff in the store, but I've strayed away from it because of the "ghost pepper" labeling

Is it do-able, or is it over the top?

What stores? Would they sell this at like a Publix or Winn Dixie?
05:32 AM on 01/08/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 30 Years Old
What stores? Would they sell this at like a Publix or Winn Dixie?

It's funny that you mention those particular stores, because they seem pretty region specific... I've never heard of Publix, and I haven't seen a Winn Dixie in 20 years probably... but I think they would have it at those types of places. I've seen it at grocery stores... I think Albertsons or Kroger might have it... I'm sure Central Market carries that brand (not sure if they have the Ghost Pepper one or not, but I know I've seen the brand there)
08:19 AM on 01/08/13 
User Info.
herestoyoufla
Tallahassee, FL
Male - 23 Years Old
It's funny that you mention those particular stores, because they seem pretty region specific... I've never heard of Publix, and I haven't seen a Winn Dixie in 20 years probably... but I think they would have it at those types of places. I've seen it at grocery stores... I think Albertsons or Kroger might have it... I'm sure Central Market carries that brand (not sure if they have the Ghost Pepper one or not, but I know I've seen the brand there)
Haha all of our Albertsons have been long closed and i've never seen a Kroger or Central Market. That's crazy to me that Publix doesn't exist everywhere. It's where everyone buys their food in the southeast.
08:27 AM on 01/08/13 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
Haha wow, I've never heard of any of these grocery stores you guys are talking about xD. We go to Shaw's, Hannaford's, Wal-Mart, or Market Basket up here xD. That salsa looks soo good. It'd probably be way too strong for me, but I'm down to try anything if I can find it

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos