Username
Password

09:41 AM on 01/08/13 
User Info.
herestoyoufla
Still starin' down the sun
Tallahassee, FL
Male - 23 Years Old
It totally sucks. And because I live in a college town that thinks that the kids drink too much, they now have forced the liquor stored to close at 7pm. The beer thing is the worst. You can't even try a new beer without buying a case of it. When I visit home in CA and they have beer and liquor in the grocery stores I get so jealous haha.
Haha i would be stocking up every time i went out of town. I hate when cities have laws like "Liquor stores must close at 7pm" because it hardly prevents anything. Kids can still stock up on liquor any day before then, it just makes it annoying as fuck, haha.
09:42 AM on 01/08/13 
User Info.
herestoyoufla
Tallahassee, FL
Male - 23 Years Old
The liquor store in my town is closed on Sunday but if you make a 20 minute drive to the next town the liquor store there is open 12-5. It sucks so bad lol.
Yeah, that is just annoyingly inconvienient haha. Most liquor stores here are open 'til 2am.

What about Bars in your town? Do they all close super early too or what?
09:52 AM on 01/08/13 
User Info.
drat!
How much cheese is too much cheese?
PA
Male - 27 Years Old
Yeah, that is just annoyingly inconvienient haha. Most liquor stores here are open 'til 2am.

What about Bars in your town? Do they all close super early too or what?

The bars are open till two here, and there are only four in town. And a month ago there was an article in the paper called "Kutztown's drinking problem."

I'm so jealous of your liquor stores. I'm always baffled when I go home and see beer and shit in the gas stations.
09:55 AM on 01/08/13 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
Out of curiosity, how many of you people live in places where Grocery Stores cannot sell alcohol? I went to Shaw's with my roommate from Mass last year and he was shocked that we just have cases of beer out in the open haha. They don't sell liquor or anything, but all grocery stores in NH seem to sell wine and beer.

Also, herestoyoufla, that is sick you have liquor stores open 'til 2, ours close as 9PM every night, maybe around 5PM on sundays depending where, otherwise you gotta go grab some beers from a gas station.
10:06 AM on 01/08/13 
User Info.
herestoyoufla
Tallahassee, FL
Male - 23 Years Old
Out of curiosity, how many of you people live in places where Grocery Stores cannot sell alcohol? I went to Shaw's with my roommate from Mass last year and he was shocked that we just have cases of beer out in the open haha. They don't sell liquor or anything, but all grocery stores in NH seem to sell wine and beer.

Also, herestoyoufla, that is sick you have liquor stores open 'til 2, ours close as 9PM every night, maybe around 5PM on sundays depending where, otherwise you gotta go grab some beers from a gas station.
That sucks dude, what if you need to get drunk fast? Hahaha

Yeah our Publix's that some of you haven't heard of sell food, beer, and they have a liquor store open until 11. The liquor stores near campus and ABC liquors are all open until 2am. It's weird that some of you have bars open til 2 where you can drink, but you can't buy stuff to make drinks at your house at that hour.

Also, i was just in miami for new years and the bars closed at 4am. T'was nuts, and almost unecessary haha.
10:48 AM on 01/08/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 30 Years Old
Here in Dallas, TX you can buy beer from 7am-midnight Monday through Saturday and 12noon-midnight on Sunday... you can also buy beer/wine in some grocery stores, depending on where exactly they are located (we have stupid laws where small subsidiaries of the city are "dry")

As far as liquor goes, you can only buy it in "liquor" stores and it is sold from 10am-9pm Monday through Saturday and the stores are closed on Sunday... and if you are in the store and in line to buy liquor before 9 but don't get to the register before 9pm, they will make you leave and not sell you any alcohol... it's bullshit really.

BUT the bars are open until 2am 7 days a week

WTF?
10:50 AM on 01/08/13 
User Info.
herestoyoufla
Tallahassee, FL
Male - 23 Years Old
yeah i'm baffled by that.
11:00 AM on 01/08/13 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
Haha right? Because going to a public place where you have to find a way back home is much safer than just drinking at a place where you can crash
11:13 AM on 01/08/13 
User Info.
herestoyoufla
Tallahassee, FL
Male - 23 Years Old
Haha right? Because going to a public place where you have to find a way back home is much safer than just drinking at a place where you can crash
Haha, the wording you used is hilarious. "Much safer than just drinking at a place where you can crash"

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets