Password

05:20 PM on 01/04/13 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
hmm...I see.

If there's one thing ObamaCare didn't do, it's address health care costs for those who are sick. It was modeled on the idea of "personal responsibility", a conservative ideal, to be a more "bipartisan effort". Unfortunately, this means that those who get insurance but don't use it get their money back, while those who actually use their insurance won't benefit from the same refunds.

This is pretty much my biggest complaint with the law, and the reason why I think a public option needed to be pushed a hell of a lot more.

Ahh, alright, that makes a little more sense to me for sure. That's partly why I haven't been a fan of this whole thing.. sure it fixes one problem, but it replaces it with another
05:32 PM on 01/04/13 
User Info.
David87
That guy
Wilmington, DE
Male - 26 Years Old
Ahh, alright, that makes a little more sense to me for sure. That's partly why I haven't been a fan of this whole thing.. sure it fixes one problem, but it replaces it with another

I agree somewhat....I don't think ObamaCare creates a new problem...insurance companies were already bleeding sick people for all that they can before hand.

This bill, for whatever reason, didn't try to address that at all...it instead decided to concentrate on addressing the problem of the uninsured, and how we pay for their health care that they currently already get on the taxpayer dime.

Certainly a noble cause to address, but I think many here will tell you that a public option would have addressed both of those problems. From there the problem would be the cost of the program, and if Americans could stop being whiney babies for one second and actually be willing to pay higher taxes to fund a public option. Chances are the 2-3% tax your dad would pay towards a public option would take out less of his income per year than having to pay health insurance premiums/health care costs.

I think it's jawsthemeswimming that pushes the idea that health insurance being a part of our compensation from employers is a big part of what keeps our wages so stagnant, and he's got a good point.
06:50 PM on 01/04/13 
User Info.
ctmk
Get him a cranberry juice
Los Angeles
Male
I agree somewhat....I don't think ObamaCare creates a new problem...insurance companies were already bleeding sick people for all that they can before hand.

This bill, for whatever reason, didn't try to address that at all...it instead decided to concentrate on addressing the problem of the uninsured, and how we pay for their health care that they currently already get on the taxpayer dime.

Certainly a noble cause to address, but I think many here will tell you that a public option would have addressed both of those problems. From there the problem would be the cost of the program, and if Americans could stop being whiney babies for one second and actually be willing to pay higher taxes to fund a public option. Chances are the 2-3% tax your dad would pay towards a public option would take out less of his income per year than having to pay health insurance premiums/health care costs.

I think it's jawsthemeswimming that pushes the idea that health insurance being a part of our compensation from employers is a big part of what keeps our wages so stagnant, and he's got a good point.

you mean not letting people die?
06:54 PM on 01/04/13 
User Info.
Jake Gyllenhaal
What's up Hot Dog?
Connecticut
Male

Let 'em die!

06:56 PM on 01/04/13 
User Info.
David87
That guy
Wilmington, DE
Male - 26 Years Old

Pretty much.

Right now we provide that care without any means to pay for said care, so it comes out of the general tax funds...the ACA at the very least raises money to help pay for that care through various fines and fees and taxes.
03:00 PM on 01/05/13 
User Info.
ctmk
Get him a cranberry juice
Los Angeles
Male

Lee Caravalo's Putting Challenge
09:34 PM on 01/05/13 
User Info.
Ryan Dennehy
Staff Member

I will never get over this video.
11:19 AM on 01/06/13 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
^I like how they cut the video right as Ron Paul was going to explain his position haha
05:51 PM on 01/06/13 
User Info.
Carolina.Alex
they sound like a swan
Welcome, NC/...
Male - 22 Years Old
so much statism
05:55 PM on 01/06/13 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old

I actually tend to lean more towards Paul; I like how important it is to him for us to follow the Constitution, but I agree that a public option would be better than the current healthcare plan.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos