Username
Password

08:57 AM on 01/04/13 
User Info.
Jake Gyllenhaal
I'm sorry, T!
North Jersey
Male
If it's hospital policy and they refuse, then the hospital has every right to terminate them. If the nurses refuses vaccination due to religious beliefs, then they should find work at another hospital that doesn't require vaccinations or find a new line of work.
09:05 AM on 01/04/13 
User Info.
Jake Gyllenhaal
I'm sorry, T!
North Jersey
Male
Employers should have the right to impose any vaccine/drug testing/lie-detector testing on their employees. If the employees object to it, then employers will just fire them and hire someone willing to be subjected to the tests.
11:26 AM on 01/04/13 
User Info.
Jake Gyllenhaal
I'm sorry, T!
North Jersey
Male
is this sarcasm? i hope it is.

For the most part, it's not sarcasm. Employers should have the right to only employ healthy, virus-free, drug-free, honest employees. Testing would only weed out the undesirables.
11:35 AM on 01/04/13 
User Info.
Jake Gyllenhaal
I'm sorry, T!
North Jersey
Male
..so chronically ill patients looking for jobs should just piss off? haha hiring someone based on their health is pretty discriminatory

They should not bother applying to jobs that require so many vaccination requirements. I'm not saying EVERY employer needs these mandatory vaccinations, but if a business wants to impose so many of them, then they should. If you want a job that doesn't require vaccinations and drug testing, there are plenty of businesses out there hiring.
11:43 AM on 01/04/13 
User Info.
Jake Gyllenhaal
I'm sorry, T!
North Jersey
Male
Do you think they should have that right?

Personally, no. But who am I to tell businesses how they should operate?
11:50 AM on 01/04/13 
User Info.
Jake Gyllenhaal
I'm sorry, T!
North Jersey
Male

Personally, I wish employers wouldn't be so strict with employees. It would be great if they didn't force vaccinations and drug testing. But who are we to deny their right to do so?
11:44 AM on 01/06/13 
User Info.
Jake Gyllenhaal
I'm sorry, T!
North Jersey
Male
21st century McCarthyism
08:28 PM on 01/06/13 
User Info.
Jake Gyllenhaal
I'm sorry, T!
North Jersey
Male
Glad someone got a kick out of that.
09:02 PM on 01/06/13 
User Info.
Jake Gyllenhaal
I'm sorry, T!
North Jersey
Male
I hope none of my kids ever go to school with some of yours.

I'm homeschooling my children, teaching them the basics like woodworking and basic hygiene.
09:25 PM on 01/06/13 
User Info.
Jake Gyllenhaal
I'm sorry, T!
North Jersey
Male
Look. I'm just gonna spread some aids cause that's my right as an American with lady parts.

Fixed.
09:28 PM on 01/06/13 
User Info.
Jake Gyllenhaal
I'm sorry, T!
North Jersey
Male
You know what happens when you assume.

I make an ass out of u & me. Don't make an ass out of me.
12:37 PM on 01/07/13 
User Info.
Jake Gyllenhaal
I'm sorry, T!
North Jersey
Male
I've never gotten sick after getting a flu shot.
01:25 PM on 01/08/13 
User Info.
Jake Gyllenhaal
I'm sorry, T!
North Jersey
Male
I think this post may be a little over generalizing, but he has a point. Civilizations have survived for thousands of years without man-made medicines. Sure, lots of pharmaceuticals have helped lots of people... probably far more than they've hurt, but it's like arguing organics vs. pesticides... Nature will take care of you, especially if you respect it and understand it.

edit: Let's say Drug A (a lab made substance) has had positive effects on 10,000 people and only had harmful effects on 100 people, we'd call that a success... BUT the problem is that Drug A could possibly cause the virus it's protecting you from to mutate into something else, which we will then have to come up with Drug B to solve... so on and so forth.

I'm not a "natural healer" and I do take pharmaceuticals from time to time... but I think that natural remedies should be respected more and people shouldn't assume that just because they're "natural" that they are some kind of hippy dippy shit and are not powerful

Life expectancy for the past thousand or so years up until the mid 20th century was only around the early-to-mid 30s.
01:51 PM on 01/08/13 
User Info.
Jake Gyllenhaal
I'm sorry, T!
North Jersey
Male
Civilization was also around for thousands of years before we invented toilet paper, does that mean Horus goes and wipes his ass with his hand everyday? DOES IT?!?!

Speaking of which, I've always wondered... after a blind person takes a dump, how do they known when to stop wiping?
05:34 AM on 01/11/13 
User Info.
Jake Gyllenhaal
I'm sorry, T!
North Jersey
Male
I'm sorry but this isn't true, at least not in GA. Right to work laws merely give employees the right to not join a union or pay union dues, and they give the employers the right to terminate someone without giving a reason, not the right to terminate someone for any reason. Fired employees still have the right to sue for wrongful termination.

And in Iowa, you can be fired for being too darn irresistible.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos