Password

09:27 AM on 01/04/13 
User Info.
open mind
bastard on parade
No Avatar Selected
anchorage
Male
Employers should have the right to impose any vaccine/drug testing/lie-detector testing on their employees. If the employees object to it, then employers will just fire them and hire someone willing to be subjected to the tests.

is this sarcasm? i hope it is.
02:35 PM on 01/04/13 
User Info.
open mind
bastard on parade
No Avatar Selected
anchorage
Male
For the most part, it's not sarcasm. Employers should have the right to only employ healthy, virus-free, drug-free, honest employees. Testing would only weed out the undesirables.

it's debatable whether or not some vaccines are worth taking, what i do on my own time should be no business of my employer as long as it doesn't affect my work, and lie detectors are notoriously unreliable.

if an employer is going to pay me 24/7 then i'll have less of a problem with them telling me what i have to put in my body and what i can't put into it.
04:15 AM on 01/07/13 
User Info.
open mind
bastard on parade
No Avatar Selected
anchorage
Male
Look. I'm just gonna spread some aids cause that's my right as an American.

09:47 PM on 01/07/13 
User Info.
open mind
bastard on parade
No Avatar Selected
anchorage
Male
I don't know why people fucking take lab made substances to fight natural bugs/illnesses.

Our bodies have a natural defense that has worked for thousands and thousands, maybe even millions of years and it can't work against these stupid lab made substances getting in it's way. That's why a lot of people get sick after taking the flu shot because the body isn't used to these unnatural chemicals we are polluting ourselves with and it weakens the immune system. Anything that you but in your body that isn't natural and is a chemical is bad. For every chemical that we pump in our bodies are several natural non-potentially harmless substances we can consume.

But people will forever trust their government so it's pointless.

i think certain vaccines (mild flu years) are unwarranted, and may cause more harm then good, but it's clear that many save an untold amount of lives, and have saved countless others from needless suffering.

not everything that is natural is good, and not everything made in a lab is bad. please try to wrap your head around that.
11:45 PM on 01/07/13 
User Info.
open mind
bastard on parade
No Avatar Selected
anchorage
Male
I know everything that is natural isn't good and some lab substances are good but most lab substances (difinitely immune boosters, bacteria/virus fighters) are more risky than just finding the natural remedies. Some lab-made remedies have even been the cause of resistance problems.

define "most".

i bet for every 1 instance of a lab created cure/vaccination that has negatively affected a patient, you'll find thousands of success stories.
06:10 PM on 01/08/13 
User Info.
open mind
bastard on parade
No Avatar Selected
anchorage
Male
People on these boards will laugh at you but the benefits of these things is astronomical. I think there are certain ailments that often times need more than a natural treatment... I mean, modern medicine is incredible but it's also flawed. Prevention is much more effective than treatment, and if you use these natural things as a preventative method, you often times won't ever need anything else.

i doubt if most people here totally discount natural/herbal/home remedies.

i myself take vitamin D and fish oil pills because, for me, they work better (with no side effects) then all of the anti-depressants that i've ever been prescribed....but i think it'd be pretty irresponsible of me if i told everyone with depression to stop taking their meds and start my treatment.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos