www.facebook.com/misewell
Male - 24 Years Old

not really a "car," but it's what came to mind haha
10:58 AM on 01/06/13 
User Info.
browneyedbutz
Whitehall, PA
Male - 23 Years Old
It was only $2,000 dollars with only 89,000 miles with literally nothing wrong with it I've had zero issues in the 2-3 years I've owned it until this point. I only work at a supermarket, so, I mean, it's a pretty common purchase among most high schoolers haha

(and I totaled my '95 integra, and then my '01 civic, didn't have a ton of cash)

G20's have a Nissan engine that is considered to be one of the most reliable engines ever built, too, with many going into the 300k+ range in terms of mileage, so it was a very good deal at the time . The car was 17 when I bought it.

I respect you for this as I bought a '95 Saturn about 2 years ago with only 62,000 miles on it for a little under $2,000. One of the best purchases I ever made, no car problems and no car payment. A car is a depreciating asset and with every day is worth less and less. Kudos to you...
11:25 AM on 01/06/13 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
Always buy a used, reliable car that's at least decent on gas! That's my motto :P. I also make sure to have a sun roof and my ipod deck, but those are just my personal must-haves
11:35 AM on 01/06/13 
User Info.
HarryPotter
No Avatar Selected
Hogwarts
Male - 27 Years Old
Id buy used if it still had a manufacturer warranty. Glad to hear you found out what's wrong. I don't know about voltage regulators but I replaced a few alternators in my time. It's not impossible to do. I think american cars are a lot easier to repair because they were made to need repairing
12:02 PM on 01/06/13 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
Id buy used if it still had a manufacturer warranty. Glad to hear you found out what's wrong. I don't know about voltage regulators but I replaced a few alternators in my time. It's not impossible to do. I think american cars are a lot easier to repair because they were made to need repairing

Probably, especially the older ones. My Dad and his friends would spend all day parked outside of a parts shop like Autozone just fucking with their cars when they were kids, and now with all the electronics and stuff it's gotten a lot more complicated for the every-day person to do things like that haha

I'm not the biggest fan of American cars, just from personal experience. I really only like muscle cars and pick-up trucks when I think American, otherwise they seem to just crap out early. The newer cars seem to be really good, though.
03:58 PM on 01/06/13 
User Info.
Steeeve Perry
Pushin' th' little daisies
Male - 23 Years Old
It was only $2,000 dollars with only 89,000 miles with literally nothing wrong with it I've had zero issues in the 2-3 years I've owned it until this point. I only work at a supermarket, so, I mean, it's a pretty common purchase among most high schoolers haha

(and I totaled my '95 integra, and then my '01 civic, didn't have a ton of cash)

G20's have a Nissan engine that is considered to be one of the most reliable engines ever built, too, with many going into the 300k+ range in terms of mileage, so it was a very good deal at the time . The car was 17 when I bought it.
Sounds like you've gotten a great deal with your car to me, since it's had one problem in three years. Engines will eventually wear out but if you keep them maintained they can go for a long time. I have a Holden Commodore (2000 model) and it has now done 162,000 miles. I've had one small problem with it overheating but it was an easy fix. A couple days ago I drove it for more than 300 miles and the outside temperature was 115 degrees Farenheit in the shade.
06:01 PM on 01/06/13 
User Info.
brook183
@brooks_an
Southgate, MI
Male - 23 Years Old

Transformers are the only Car People I know

not really a "car," but it's what came to mind haha

09:58 AM on 01/07/13 
User Info.
Chris Collum
No dumbass dove in my dumbass brain
Louisville, KY
Staff Member
RyanPm40 I think Jesus just possessed your engine...you of all people should know that
12:23 PM on 01/07/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 30 Years Old
I don't know why people are hating on this guy for buying a 20 year old car. I'll gladly drive a car for $83 a month ($2000/24 months he's had the car) without having to put any money in it... plus it might keep running beyond this... and he could probably sell the car as is for at least $1000
08:35 PM on 01/07/13 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
RyanPm40 I think Jesus just possessed your engine...you of all people should know that

Hahaha it did freak me out a bit at first, It definitely reminded me of something out of a corny haunting movie

I don't know why people are hating on this guy for buying a 20 year old car. I'll gladly drive a car for $83 a month ($2000/24 months he's had the car) without having to put any money in it... plus it might keep running beyond this... and he could probably sell the car as is for at least $1000

Haha seriously, I know a ton of people my age who have much shittier cars than mine. If I left it up on Craigslist for a bit, I could probably sell it for what I bought it for, honestly xD. Every mechanic I take it to tells me how great these cars are and how long they've seen them last.

And I just did the math, I've actually owned the car for a bit over 2 years and 4 months now, so.. not bad! I was lying in saying it hasn't had ANY issues, but most of it has been cheap, routine maintenance from an inspection. Haven't really had to take it in for acting weird or fucking up on me. Sometimes it likes to start in Neutral instead of Park, but my mechanic said it's nothing that will get worse or be a big deal, so I could care less haha.

As long as it gets me from point A to point B reasonably on gas, I'm happy. Wish it did a bit better than 22 mpg city, after owning a Civic, but hey, it's an ooold 4-cylinder haha.
05:33 AM on 01/08/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 30 Years Old
Hahaha it did freak me out a bit at first, It definitely reminded me of something out of a corny haunting movie

Haha seriously, I know a ton of people my age who have much shittier cars than mine. If I left it up on Craigslist for a bit, I could probably sell it for what I bought it for, honestly xD. Every mechanic I take it to tells me how great these cars are and how long they've seen them last.

And I just did the math, I've actually owned the car for a bit over 2 years and 4 months now, so.. not bad! I was lying in saying it hasn't had ANY issues, but most of it has been cheap, routine maintenance from an inspection. Haven't really had to take it in for acting weird or fucking up on me. Sometimes it likes to start in Neutral instead of Park, but my mechanic said it's nothing that will get worse or be a big deal, so I could care less haha.

As long as it gets me from point A to point B reasonably on gas, I'm happy. Wish it did a bit better than 22 mpg city, after owning a Civic, but hey, it's an ooold 4-cylinder haha.

That's not bad at all. I'm lucky to get 17 in my Jeep
06:21 AM on 01/08/13 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
That's not bad at all. I'm lucky to get 17 in my Jeep

Haha yeah, that's why I don't complain too much. I know it isn't bad, but after owning an acura and a honda, you get used to spectacular mileage xD. I think I got like 35 city and 40-something highway in my '01 civic. Was unbelievable haha
06:29 AM on 01/08/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 30 Years Old
Haha yeah, that's why I don't complain too much. I know it isn't bad, but after owning an acura and a honda, you get used to spectacular mileage xD. I think I got like 35 city and 40-something highway in my '01 civic. Was unbelievable haha

That's incredible. I used to drive a small Chevy Aveo and it got pretty good mileage, but nothing like 35... the next car I get will be a smaller car. I don't care too much about what I'm driving as long as it is dependable and it'd be nice if it got good mileage.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos