Username
Password

09:26 AM on 01/08/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 31 Years Old
Alex Jones, Jesse Ventura and all of these conspiracy assholes need to just go away.

Are you saying they're assholes because the way Jones acted or that they're assholes because they notice odd things the government has been doing?

This is the problem with Ventura, Jones, etc... They get so radical and passionate about it that they lose sight of anything that might make them seem remotely credible.

I agree with a certain percentage of the things they say, but when you base your entire career off of fear mongering, it becomes obvious that not everything you say is true.

I think that some conspiracy theories are real, but when you are in need of more material for another season of your TV show, you are going to start grabbing as straws... which sucks, because even the things they speak about that are real are blown off by most people because they just think of these people as crazy
09:27 AM on 01/08/13 
User Info.
thursday727
Real Rock 'n' Rolla
Wick City, FL
Male - 25 Years Old
Also Infowars is down right now.which it never is. DDOS?
09:27 AM on 01/08/13 
User Info.
oakhurst
Faith, Love, Hope
Male - 22 Years Old
I did. I'm just not sure what you think this guy "gave away," there were a lot of made up statistics and the ones that are real aren't secret and can be accessed by anyone with internet. What am I missing?

When he mentioned that there have been Prozac pills that can lead to people going crazy and committing mass murders/suicides, I looked it up after the video to see if he was telling the truth and turns out, Anna Blake Tracy Ph.D., researched 32 murders/suicides that involved women and children and out of the 32 cases, 24 of the women were taking Prozac or other SSIR pills.

http://ssristories.com/show.php?item=410
09:32 AM on 01/08/13 
User Info.
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen 701 bands live!
Hudson County, NJ
Male
Are you saying they're assholes because the way Jones acted or that they're assholes because they notice odd things the government has been doing?

More the way they present it. They have to be all EXTREME about everything. Yes, you can be passionate about this but stop trying to shove your beliefs down our throats instead of explaining yourselves. Jones presents some great facts but he needs to be a little more level headed if you get what I'm saying. If they didn't look and sound like wackos when they present this information, I think more people would latch onto what they're saying.
09:38 AM on 01/08/13 
User Info.
Fame<Infamy
gonna bang bang fuck you up
Wicklow, Ireland
Male - 21 Years Old
Dear JoshKilpatrickL and thursday727, people like you are the reason why the rest of the world thinks so little of America. What I got from watching that video is that Alex Jones likes to play the "I'M A LOUD, DUMB, FAT, AMERICAN. HEAR ME ROAR! SECOND AMENDMENT" card a lot.
09:39 AM on 01/08/13 
User Info.
thursday727
Real Rock 'n' Rolla
Wick City, FL
Male - 25 Years Old
More the way they present it. They have to be all EXTREME about everything. Yes, you can be passionate about this but stop trying to shove your beliefs down our throats instead of explaining yourselves. Jones presents some great facts but he needs to be a little more level headed if you get what I'm saying. If they didn't look and sound like wackos when they present this information, I think more people would latch onto what they're saying.
Alot of his listeners/readers have been complaining about how he and ventura do this for years. But we keep listening because gives out really good info once you take the time to research it yourself.
09:42 AM on 01/08/13 
User Info.
thursday727
Real Rock 'n' Rolla
Wick City, FL
Male - 25 Years Old
Dear JoshKilpatrickL and thursday727, people like you are the reason why the rest of the world thinks so little of America. What I got from watching that video is that Alex Jones likes to play the "I'M A LOUD, DUMB, FAT, AMERICAN. HEAR ME ROAR! SECOND AMENDMENT" card a lot.
yeah ok
these are all Alex Jones readers in YOUR country btw
09:44 AM on 01/08/13 
User Info.
sjb2k1
the bull city
Female - 31 Years Old
it's a known fact that many anti-depressants can have a side effect of increased depression/worsening mood, don't think that's a big revelation
09:46 AM on 01/08/13 
User Info.
oakhurst
Faith, Love, Hope
Male - 22 Years Old

Some of the stuff Jones said did make sense, like the percentage of violence in Britain even though they can't have guns. I never said Jones was correct on everything he said or supported him whining like a baby. In my 2nd post I even said he should have calmed down so why you even brought up my name is beyond me.
09:49 AM on 01/08/13 
User Info.
Fame<Infamy
gonna bang bang fuck you up
Wicklow, Ireland
Male - 21 Years Old
yeah ok
these are all Alex Jones readers in YOUR country btw

Thanks for that.

These are also retarded people from my country.

But I don't see what that has to do with gun control laws.
09:51 AM on 01/08/13 
User Info.
TheRealJohnOC
Hudson County, NJ
Male
Alot of his listeners/readers have been complaining about how he and ventura do this for years. But we keep listening because gives out really good info once you take the time to research it yourself.

I tried listening to Jones's show and it's a little overwhelming to say the least haha. I did enjoy him in those interviews with Joe Rogan though. I think if Alex Jones smoked as much pot as Rogan and mellowed out a bit, I'd become a regular listener.
09:54 AM on 01/08/13 
User Info.
CollectiveConfusion
New York NY
Male - 25 Years Old
Verified
When he mentioned that there have been Prozac pills that can lead to people going crazy and committing mass murders/suicides, I looked it up after the video to see if he was telling the truth and turns out, Anna Blake Tracy Ph.D., researched 32 murders/suicides that involved women and children and out of the 32 cases, 24 of the women were taking Prozac or other SSIR pills.

http://ssristories.com/show.php?item=410

Yeah but the thing with all that is that
1. he's on TV to talk about gun control, not Prozac (this should be the end, but I'll keep going)
2. the side effects of Prozac are written right on the bottle and online, it's not a secret.
3. 24 cases of someone being on Prozac before committing murder/suicide in 12 years! is not anywhere near equitable to 11,478 gun deaths per year (Jones' stat)
4. Scientifically, at this time connecting Prozac to murders/suicide is a ridiculously flimsy connection since 24 million people per year take Prozac or other anti-depressants, and Jones points to 24 cases reported from 2000 (if that's the study he's using, I'm sure it's not).
5. 60% to 80% of people who take Prozac or other anti-depressants say they're helpful and report no feelings of depression/urges to kill/etc.
6. Suicide is not the #1 cause of death in the US

Basically this is all false equivalency at it's finest.
10:02 AM on 01/08/13 
User Info.
Mitch
this is water
Jamaica Plain, MA
Male - 25 Years Old
Right, CNN was upset with his revelatory statements and not the way he behaved himself.
10:03 AM on 01/08/13 
User Info.
thursday727
Real Rock 'n' Rolla
Wick City, FL
Male - 25 Years Old
I tried listening to Jones's show and it's a little overwhelming to say the least haha. I did enjoy him in those interviews with Joe Rogan though. I think if Alex Jones smoked as much pot as Rogan and mellowed out a bit, I'd become a regular listener.
I've been getting into Adam Kokesh lately he sounds like more you style.
10:54 AM on 01/08/13 
User Info.
TheRealJohnOC
Hudson County, NJ
Male
I've been getting into Adam Kokesh lately he sounds like more you style.

I'll give him a listen. Thanks for the rec!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos