AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Paramore News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

AP.net Interview: Paramore

Posted by - 11:22 AM on 01/08/13
I was lucky enough to get to ask Hayley Williams some questions about Paramore's upcoming Self-Titled album which drops in a few months. We talked about the sound of the new album, the band's rocky past three years and more.
From The InterviewAbsolutely. I am so thankful for all that we have been through. You really do learn more from the bad... I believe that. It just does something to your perspective and I have never seen the three of us so clearly. Taylor and Jerm are so talented. We all really needed each other during this process because yes, at first, it was strange and uncharted territory. Then again, if we hadn't been forced into it, we might've never made a voluntary decision to open up ourselves up to all possibilities. Musically, I think the biggest growth has come from Taylor now being a primary songwriter for the band. You'll hear his mad-scientist personality come out a lot on this album, where before he didn't have quite the same opportunity. Jeremy, as usual, came up with some of the coolest bass lines. Until writing this album, I hadn't heard him play that way since the early days, when we met. I'm proud of my friends, they killed it.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 59
11:29 AM on 01/08/13
Arry
apreeesh
User Info.
Probably my most anticipated this year for sure.

also, Glen Hansard + hayley would be money for sure

edit: for sure
11:32 AM on 01/08/13
Saying Sorry
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
So you spoke to Hayley Williams about her album and random guys behind her?
11:38 AM on 01/08/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Being this bitter about life must get old after a while.
11:44 AM on 01/08/13
Saying Sorry
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Being this bitter about life must get old after a while.
haha not bitter at all, just the truth. She might as well become a solo artist there is more money out there for her.
11:46 AM on 01/08/13
torres
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
You can't fake being that cool. Hayley is so legit.
11:49 AM on 01/08/13
ZeoVGM
PINK WIG, THICK ASS.
User Info.
Oh, shut the hell up.
11:49 AM on 01/08/13
bradsonemanband
I make music.
User Info.
haha not bitter at all, just the truth. She MIGHT as well become a solo artist there is more money out there for her.

fixed it. you're welcome.
11:52 AM on 01/08/13
anamericangod
User Info.
Fun. in the same group as Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance, and Paramore? How about no.
11:58 AM on 01/08/13
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
Fun. in the same group as Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance, and Paramore? How about no.
Not that the Grammy's mean a whole lot in actual music standards, but the band's 6 nominations are more than all three of those bands combined. Yes, they are in the same group.
11:58 AM on 01/08/13
tonnerrrrr
User Info.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh this has made me so so so much more excited, I didn't even think it was possible.
Thank you for interview!!
11:59 AM on 01/08/13
anamericangod
User Info.
Not that the Grammy's mean a whole lot in actual music standards, but the band's 6 nominations are more than all three of those bands combined. Yes, they are in the same group.
FOB, MCR, and Paramore are foundational bands of the scene. Fun. don't even begin to register in that category. Saying that Grammy nominations somehow make up for that is laughable.
12:04 PM on 01/08/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
haha not bitter at all, just the truth. She might as well become a solo artist there is more money out there for her.

So, as you just said ... she's not currently a solo artist. And I'm sure she's doing just fine monetarily.
12:06 PM on 01/08/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
FOB, MCR, and Paramore are foundational bands of the scene. Fun. don't even begin to register in that category. Saying that Grammy nominations somehow make up for that is laughable.
Disagree completely. All three members of that band have their own "foundational" ties to this scene, (which is not a finite point, given that the three bands you mentioned are baby bands in comparison to this scene in general) and Fun. are the biggest band from this music world since Paramore.
12:11 PM on 01/08/13
kelly ko
User Info.
Glen Hansard + hayley would be money for sure

That would be absolutely PERFECT

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT