Username
Password

06:21 AM on 01/09/13 
User Info.
Jake Gyllenhaal
What's up Hot Dog?
Connecticut
Male
The Constitution is not perfect and the Founding Fathers crafted it so that it could be re-interpreted over time and subjected to changes. I mean, the third Amendment is pretty much obsolete. The eighteenth amendment turned out so shitty that the twenty first amendment overturned it. I have no problem with repealing the twenty second amendment. And this isn't the first time such a proposal was brought up. Ever since 1985 when Ronald Reagan was serving his second term, there have been repeated attempts to repeal the twenty second amendment, but every time failed within Congress. But frankly, with this current Congress, any proposal would not go anywhere. And I can't imagine Obama would want to spend an extra four years with the shittiest and most stressful job in the country. So if I were you, I wouldn't worry about the possibility of a lifetime Obama presidency.
07:02 AM on 01/09/13 
User Info.
Jake Gyllenhaal
What's up Hot Dog?
Connecticut
Male
I think terms limits are a good thing. Someone shouldn't be able to stay in office their entire lives, especially when money rules elections

Do you agree there should be limits for Supreme Court justices?
02:17 PM on 01/09/13 
User Info.
Jake Gyllenhaal
What's up Hot Dog?
Connecticut
Male
My idea for what term limits should be...

1. Presidents are elected to one 6 year term

2. Presidents are NOT eligible for re-election after their first 6 year term.

3. They CAN be re-elected to a second term, just can't be immediately following their first term.

This gives Presidents more time to do what they're doing, without having to spend the entire first term worrying about re-election

Their salary should only be $32,000 a year as well.
08:25 PM on 01/09/13 
User Info.
Jake Gyllenhaal
What's up Hot Dog?
Connecticut
Male
i could go for the idea of one 6 year term for presidents, but i would really like to see term limits for senators, and representatives.

our whole electoral system puts way to much emphasis on constant fundraising, so something clearly needs to be done.

Regarding Senators and Representatives, you always here on internet boards "don't vote for incumbents" or "end career politicians." But the fact of the matter is that the constituents who have the power to vote out the incumbents continue to vote for them because they bring in federal dollars for their districts/states.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos