Username
Password

07:00 AM on 01/09/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 30 Years Old
I think terms limits are a good thing. Someone shouldn't be able to stay in office their entire lives, especially when money rules elections
07:05 AM on 01/09/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 30 Years Old
Do you agree there should be limits for Supreme Court justices?

I think there should be limits for them as well.
10:26 AM on 01/09/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 30 Years Old
The worst thing that ever happened to American politics is career politicians. Lobby groups love 'em.

In my opinion, there should be short terms enforced on all members of Congress - 6 years max.

People would be less likely to fuck their constituents if, after a few years, they have to go back and live with 'em in the same communities without the money and gifts they receive from long-term support of lobby groups.

Pretty much this.
12:07 PM on 01/09/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 30 Years Old
I really don't have a problem with the repeal. I'm fine if a capable candidate wants to run and can get a majority of the vote, then why stop America from picking who they want to lead the nation.

In a perfect Democracy you'd be right, but our electoral process isn't exactly the best
12:15 PM on 01/09/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 30 Years Old
Frankly, the presidential election is probably the only election that faces significant scrutiny before voting so I'm comfortable with people being allowed to run until they don't want to.

the article was about the presidency so...
01:05 PM on 01/09/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 30 Years Old
I am aware of that so that's why I was talking about the presidency.

Sorry, I misread your post. I thought you were saying the presidency is the only office that faces serious scrutiny regarding the electoral process... I think you were trying to say the presidency is the election in which most people will actually know anything about the politicians running for office
01:06 PM on 01/09/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 30 Years Old
I agree with this, which one of the two things that bothers me about the idea of the repeal.

what's the other thing?
01:50 PM on 01/09/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 30 Years Old
Yes, that is what I was trying to say but didn't phrase it in the most clear manner. Essentially, the media and the public should be enough of a protection to give citizens their wishes for the executive branch.

I agree with you in theory, but with lobbyists and the way the media is skewed, I think that allowing someone to be president for their entire life is asinine. IMO, I think that the president should change every so often just to bring new ideas to the table... even if they are the best president
01:59 PM on 01/09/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 30 Years Old
My idea for what term limits should be...

1. Presidents are elected to one 6 year term

2. Presidents are NOT eligible for re-election after their first 6 year term.

3. They CAN be re-elected to a second term, just can't be immediately following their first term.

This gives PResidents more time to do what tehy're doing, without having to spend the entire first term worrying about re-election

I like this too
05:55 AM on 01/10/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 30 Years Old
Reforms should take place to change that. Unknown politicians have less name ID and need lobbyists more. Also, no one is going to serve more than a few terms because of age.

Also, what if people don't want new ideas?

FDR's power was still severely checked during his presidency.

Reagan was 69 years old when he was elected. Someone could serve as president for MANY terms. I don't think age would stop that. You could essentially become president at age 35 and then stay president until you died if there were no term limits.

If people don't want new ideas, then they should elect a president that promises to continue doing things the way the last president had been doing things... we don't necessarily need to have the same president in office indefinitely just because we don't want new ideas.

I do agree that unknown politicians need lobbyists but like you said, reforms need to change the way lobbyists operate.

Should money be able to go to a campaign without any paper trail? Should unlimited amounts of money be allowed?

Currently lobbying is just a fancy word for bribery
06:38 AM on 01/11/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 30 Years Old
What about the billions of people who die without being either?

they must've not done anything with their lives
06:44 AM on 01/11/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 30 Years Old

I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer, I just want people to go out there and make something of themselves

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos