Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 11 posts.
07:18 PM on 01/09/13
Ryan Dennehy
it's just me & u
User Info.
He should be thrown in jail for releasing terrible music.
great post, guy
Just skip all the bs and lock that pile of trash up. Better yet just do everyone in the Chicago land area a favor and lock up the rest of his crew. I am sure they all have done some gang relate or drug related stuff with him.
yes, let's dispense with trials and hearings and throw minors in jail because you think that will solve anything
He's the one that probably killed a child, right? Why is he only getting probation?

This is not for that. He hasn't been charged with anything in connection to Jojo's death as far as I'm aware.
07:39 PM on 01/09/13
Ryan Dennehy
it's just me & u
User Info.
Him and his "crew" are all of the age 18 and early 20's. Also they are known to gang members..which at moment in Chicago gang violence has been becoming a huge problem. While granted its a problem in other states.Its a stupid huge problem in Chicago.
Considering he was 17 earlier this year I'm going to go out on a limb and say he wasn't the youngest. You're being ridiculous. The point is you don't just lock people up. Court cases and probation isn't "bs".
Please. He is absolutely everything that's wrong with hip-hop and makes terrible trap music that represents the worst of a city that's suffering pretty hard right now.

So we should dismiss his work because he is a product of his environment? I would say the fact he's so representative of this culture provides greater meaning to his work than would be present otherwise. Disregarding an artist because they make music about their life - largely accurately in this case, I might add - is counterproductive.
07:54 PM on 01/09/13
Ryan Dennehy
it's just me & u
User Info.
If by hard worker getting caught selling choke and weed.Then sure he is a damn fine worker. Really why are you defending this pile of trash.
?????????????????????
05:18 AM on 01/10/13
Ryan Dennehy
it's just me & u
User Info.
Why are you defending him?

Because you're arguing we should dispense with constitutional rights because you're an idiot. You also have very poor reading comprehension.
05:21 AM on 01/10/13
Ryan Dennehy
it's just me & u
User Info.
No, man. I love hip-hop. But I have friends in Chicago that have deal with the murders that go on there and garbage like this that supports the kind of stuff is something I won't listen to or support. It's counterproductive and stupid. There's no value in it

You haven't addressed my.post from earlier. He's a product of his environment. His representation of the way Chicago has degenerated is to me inherently valuable. On top of that, why does art need "value"? What does that even mean?
08:26 AM on 01/10/13
Ryan Dennehy
it's just me & u
User Info.
So we should take his idiotic music as something of value because "Hate Being Sober" and "I Don't Like" are not terrible rap songs, but rather art pieces showing what the real Chicago is like? Come on.

I stand by my opinion that his music has no value. It's music that glorifies the absolute worst things plaguing the Chicago area and only goes to reinforce that killing is perfectly fine, can get you a record deal and millions of Youtube views. It reminds me of when Kendrick Lamar was asked what he was writing when he was 16 and he said it was a bunch of terrible murder music. That's what this is, minus any insight, intellect or wit.
You're acting like it's his fault. He's an 18 year old who grew up in one of the worst areas of the country. Your assertion that those songs are "Terrible" is subjective, and would be argued by many. It's probably useless to do so, but my point is that you seem to think that in order to be valuable, music must be some kind of critique or commentary if it arises from a pit like the area of Chicago that Keef is from. He's an victim - his music is, whether you like the way it sounds or not, the music of a culture. To dismiss it out of hand because it doesn't play into your expectations and standards is ludicrous. If anything, the vapidity and violence of the music should be of intense interest to someone who's concerned about the deteriorating state of the city as it's a pretty alarming statement from a young kid.

Insight, intellect or wit - the kid is 18. Barely older than Kendrick was in that statement. Locking him up because his music is "terrible" to you will prevent him from even having the opportunity to grow. It might seem unlikely, but maybe Chief Keef will mature and become the greatest voice for reform in Chicago.

If you're so desperate to have value from your music, the value of this music can be as a tool to show people how deplorable Chicago's violence problem is.
08:27 AM on 01/10/13
Ryan Dennehy
it's just me & u
User Info.
The placement of blame on Chief Keef - as though it's his fault that the music he writes is endemic of the culture he has been surrounded by since birth - is shameful.
08:30 AM on 01/10/13
Ryan Dennehy
it's just me & u
User Info.
Yup I am a idiot for thinking a known killer should not be thrown in jail. Dude just go search up all the killings that have happen in Chicago and most of them are linked to gang killings. Which he is a known gang member and he is just promoting everything wrong with whats going in the Chicago land area.
Your tenuous grasp of the english language is failing you tremendously.

And you're also quoting the wrong posts.
08:36 AM on 01/10/13
Ryan Dennehy
it's just me & u
User Info.
Quit blaming this shit on the area he grew up in. I know enough people that came from the same area that Keef came from. And they have told me time after time that the people that join gangs in that area are the weak minded kids who drop out of school. And think running around dealing drugs and being part of a gang is the right choice.
You're using his area to dismiss his music. Don't be a hypocrite. The environment he grew up in is central to any discussion of his music.
08:50 AM on 01/10/13
Ryan Dennehy
it's just me & u
User Info.
Just skip all the bs and lock that pile of trash up. Better yet just do everyone in the Chicago land area a favor and lock up the rest of his crew. I am sure they all have done some gang relate or drug related stuff with him.
You brought up his area first, pal.
Okay I am just going to do this and go how about you explain to me why I should think different about Keef. An really I am using his area due to you have been saying its the area he grew up an he is a product of his environment. So seeing your the expert on this subject. Educate me on Keef and the rest of his crew.
I don't know what else you expect me to say. I'ver laid out a few points in posts you seem to have conveniently missed or willfully ignored. Try reading those, then try to fix the way you express your thoughts (IE proper grammar and coherent sentences) and then we can have something resembling an intelligent conversation.
10:11 AM on 01/10/13
Ryan Dennehy
it's just me & u
User Info.
So have a countless number of artists who have made great music out of terrible circumstances, Kendrick Lamar included.

Well yea, it's my opinion.

It doesn't have to have a critique or commentary, but it has to say something other than "I kill people because it's cool," which is what his does. He's not a victim, he's the perpetrator. He laughs off other people's deaths and wishes more upon others. He has family in better places of Chicago and Illinois he can go to, but resolves to stay where he's at because of his gang affiliation. He's not a victim, a victim is someone wanting to get out that can't.

Even by my sometimes low standard for hip-hop, it's terrible. You're right, though - it's a pretty alarming statement from someone so young. I'll give you that. But it's one that glorifies everything that he does and others now look up to.

I was joking that he should be locked up for making terrible music. But if he's committing crimes - lock him up or get him into a reform program. I would love to see him grow and say that this garbage juice he calls music was terrible. But right now, he's another gangbanger with nothing to offer, musically. He is part of a growing cancer on the city of Chicago.

True. But it doesn't make it good or even tolerable.
He's a victim of socialization. Which usually means you're not even aware of the fact that you've been socialized to believe something, especially not in low-education areas.

If you really care about the problems in Chicago, you'd pity him, not direct anger at him. Direct that at the institutions and systems which have taken a kid and made him into something most of us find abhorrent. The blame lies there, not at the feet of someone who had no choice in the matter. He was a minor up until this year, meaning he really had no control over where he lived.
"product of his environment"

Wow. I guess I should go on a killing spree and it would be fine. "sorry officers, I had a shitty life. Lots of people died and left me. I'm just a product of the way I grew up. I can't be held culpable for what I've done. Go ask that genius on ap.net, he'll tell you all about it."
He hasn't been convicted of any murders. I'm not saying he should be absolved of any of his legitimate crimes, but to dismiss his music is silly. Go away.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS