AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 6 posts
08:05 PM on 01/09/13
ChaseTx
What was it I heard about this guy... something posted here (apparently not tagged "Chief Keef") that made me really not like him

EDIT: Pretty sure it was laughing about someone getting killed on twitter
08:50 PM on 01/09/13
ChaseTx
^If we wrote off every rapper who sold drugs, we'd lose a lot of good ones. That Twitter incident, however, is pretty bad.
09:13 PM on 01/09/13
ChaseTx
sure is, but he's a product of his environment. not excusing his behavior but it has little to do with his actual music other than gun violence being a recurring theme, but most people who enjoy him (including those of us in this thread defending his music) take it for what it is: mindless entertainment with some seriously impeccable production.
I feel like there's a certain extent to which character counts though. T.I. and Jeezy both come from a similar environment and have made some bad choices, but still seem like good dudes for the most part. I can't really support an artist if they've shown themself to be an asshole... That said, I don't really know much about Keef outside the Lil Jojo Twitter fiasco
09:16 PM on 01/09/13
ChaseTx
im not showing support for him. i would never buy an album from this kid in a million years. im still going to listen to and enjoy his music. just dont think its fair to discredit the music based on something he did under circumstances you and i will never understand.
Good deal then. Nothing wrong with trap music. Assuming that's what he does.
12:32 AM on 01/10/13
ChaseTx
pita pan gets all the bread
lol it's funny because it's two words for bread
10:48 AM on 01/10/13
ChaseTx
I think it's bullshit to condemn someone for selling drugs or getting incorporated into a violent subculture when you don't know their situation, and you came up in a much better environment.

But I also think it's bullshit to write off obvious character flaws and inexcusable actions as being the product of their environment. Plenty of people come up in the same environment and remain good people.

Not that I have much of an opinion of Keef beyond what I've already stated.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos