Username
Password
Hip-Hop News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 86.
07:21 PM on 01/09/13
Coverbydesign
User Info.
great post, guy

yes, let's dispense with trials and hearings and throw minors in jail because you think that will solve anything

This is not for that. He hasn't been charged with anything in connection to Jojo's death as far as I'm aware.
Him and his "crew" are all of the age 18 and early 20's. Also they are known to gang members..which at moment in Chicago gang violence has been becoming a huge problem. While granted its a problem in other states.Its a stupid huge problem in Chicago.
07:25 PM on 01/09/13
Gaugzilla
and one head can never die
User Info.

Please. He is absolutely everything that's wrong with hip-hop and makes terrible trap music that represents the worst of a city that's suffering pretty hard right now.
07:39 PM on 01/09/13
Ryan Dennehy
it's just me & u
User Info.
Him and his "crew" are all of the age 18 and early 20's. Also they are known to gang members..which at moment in Chicago gang violence has been becoming a huge problem. While granted its a problem in other states.Its a stupid huge problem in Chicago.
Considering he was 17 earlier this year I'm going to go out on a limb and say he wasn't the youngest. You're being ridiculous. The point is you don't just lock people up. Court cases and probation isn't "bs".
Please. He is absolutely everything that's wrong with hip-hop and makes terrible trap music that represents the worst of a city that's suffering pretty hard right now.

So we should dismiss his work because he is a product of his environment? I would say the fact he's so representative of this culture provides greater meaning to his work than would be present otherwise. Disregarding an artist because they make music about their life - largely accurately in this case, I might add - is counterproductive.
07:44 PM on 01/09/13
Handraa
Bestfriend means I pull the trigger
User Info.
Probation hearing? That's that shit I don't like!
Damn you. Beat me to the punch.
07:46 PM on 01/09/13
Coverbydesign
User Info.
Considering he was 17 earlier this year I'm going to go out on a limb and say he wasn't the youngest. You're being ridiculous. The point is you don't just lock people up. Court cases and probation isn't "bs".

So we should dismiss his work because he is a product of his environment? I would say the fact he's so representative of this culture provides greater meaning to his work than would be present otherwise. Disregarding an artist because they make music about their life - largely accurately in this case, I might add - is counterproductive.
If by hard worker getting caught selling choke and weed.Then sure he is a damn fine worker. Really why are you defending this pile of trash.
07:50 PM on 01/09/13
kbomb001
Jesus Saves
User Info.
people actin like keef doesn't make absolute BANGERS
This. I used to HATE Keef for his beef w/ Lupe and that fact that Young Chop could produce his ASS off. Now that Keef and Lupe are good, I love the kid's songs. They make me laugh.
07:50 PM on 01/09/13
ChaseTx
Entitled user
User Info.
^If we wrote off every rapper who sold drugs, we'd lose a lot of good ones. That Twitter incident, however, is pretty bad.
07:51 PM on 01/09/13
kbomb001
Jesus Saves
User Info.
If by hard worker getting caught selling choke and weed.Then sure he is a damn fine worker. Really why are you defending this pile of trash.
...pile of trash...?
07:54 PM on 01/09/13
Ryan Dennehy
it's just me & u
User Info.
?????????????????????
08:02 PM on 01/09/13
Coverbydesign
User Info.
Why are you defending him?
08:04 PM on 01/09/13
Jake Jenkins
~
User Info.
there's nothing wrong with hip-hop. if you think otherwise you are senile and jaded.
08:05 PM on 01/09/13
Jake Jenkins
~
User Info.
^If we wrote off every rapper who sold drugs, we'd lose a lot of good ones. That Twitter incident, however, is pretty bad.
sure is, but he's a product of his environment. not excusing his behavior but it has little to do with his actual music other than gun violence being a recurring theme, but most people who enjoy him (including those of us in this thread defending his music) take it for what it is: mindless entertainment with some seriously impeccable production.
08:06 PM on 01/09/13
Jake Jenkins
~
User Info.
my best friend sells coke and weed, is he a pile of trash?
08:11 PM on 01/09/13
Coverbydesign
User Info.
my best friend sells coke and weed, is he a pile of trash?
Was making a joke on the whole drug dealing part. I know people who sell drugs. I was calling Keef a pile of trash for the whole twitter incident tweeting after Lil Jojo died..Among other things I sure he has done.
08:12 PM on 01/09/13
Jake Jenkins
~
User Info.
Was making a joke on the whole drug dealing part. I know people who sell drugs. I was calling Keef a pile of trash for the whole twitter incident tweeting after Lil Jojo died..Among other things I sure he has done.
should've specified, it's really easy for people to draw conclusions from posts like those.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests