Username
Password

09:03 AM on 01/10/13 
User Info.
Recovery Room
2014 NL EAST DIVISION CHAMPS
Neverland
Male
The story involves time travel and alternate dimensions and sees a group of explorers travel through a wormhole. The script is based on scientific theories developed by Kip Thorne, a theoretical physicist, gravitational physicist and astrophysicist at Caltech.

Cast
Jessica Chastain
Anne Hathaway
Matthew McConaughey
Michael Caine
Channing Tatum
Bill Irwin
11:50 AM on 06/07/13 
User Info.
Recovery Room
Neverland
Male
Can someone edit the first post to include the cast so far?
Done.
11:27 AM on 05/16/14 
User Info.
Recovery Room
Neverland
Male
Stoked.
11:28 AM on 05/16/14 
User Info.
Recovery Room
Neverland
Male
I mean it's probably 2 hours 45 minutes and spends at least half of the time in space - that's my guess. I'm glad they're not giving all of that away in the trailer.
Exactly what I was thinking. Throughout the trailer I was like, "Thought this was a sci-fi/space movie" then remembered who we were dealing with, haha.
07:30 PM on 05/16/14 
User Info.
Recovery Room
Neverland
Male
Originally Posted by Jason Tate
(Trailer is also mostly first 10-15 minutes of film.
That's what I figured.
04:21 PM on 10/23/14 
User Info.
Recovery Room
Neverland
Male
Got my tix for Tues 11/4 -- very first showing available in this area at a legit IMAX. So stoked.
04:22 PM on 10/23/14 
User Info.
Recovery Room
Neverland
Male
All the early reviews are raving.

Hell, even Pete Wentz liked it.
I like to believe you are implying Pete doesn't know/like good movies, haha.
09:14 PM on 11/04/14 
User Info.
Recovery Room
Neverland
Male
A lot of people are going to hate this and/or be scratching their head. While a bit clunky at certain parts, really enjoyed it. Definitely going to require additional viewings.

The score is incredible as well. Speaking of, why do I have to wait another two weeks to purchase it?

PS See it in real IMAX if you can.
07:48 AM on 11/05/14 
User Info.
Recovery Room
Neverland
Male
My brain is still trying to wrap around certain elements. For those that have seen it, am I understanding these correctly?

1. In essence, Cooper sent himself to NASA? That part of the film felt a bit clunky to me, but it makes a little more sense if that were the case. Still don't like how convenient it felt when NASA presented everything to him, though.

2. When Cooper is "behind" the bookcase, is he in the 4th/5th/time dimension?

3. What causes that dimension to cave in on itself? When it does, is he just floating through space/the wormhole?

4. When he wakes up in the hospital bed, is "new Earth" a space station? A planet?

I definitely regret seeing this when I was exhausted, will have to go again later in the week.
07:56 AM on 11/05/14 
User Info.
Recovery Room
Neverland
Male
Also, I thought Channing Tatum was suppose to be in this? Don't think I ever heard he dropped out.
08:37 AM on 11/05/14 
User Info.
Recovery Room
Neverland
Male
1. I don't think he did; instead, he tried using binary code to tell Murph/Cooper to "Stay", which is what Murph wrote in her book. He's telling himself to stay, and not leave. Of course he doesn't listen and goes anyways. Now, how this gives him the coordinates to NORAD, I'm still not sure. Will require a 2nd viewing.

2. Yeah pretty much; not even top scientists like Kip Thorne, Stephan Hawking, NDGT, and others know what exactly happens when you enter a black hole, so in essence this gives Nolan free reign to essentially make happen whatever he wants happen; by going into the black hole, Cooper entered these other dimensions. Which again, since we really don't know what happens when you enter a black hole, could logically happen. We just don't know

3. This I can't quite remember; when I was watching it during the movie happen, I remember(I think) understanding what was happening, but now I can't remember, so I'll have to watch it again to help understand that part better. When it does collapse though, yeah I think it's just him floating back through the worm-hole, and on the other side, he ends up back floating next to Saturn, where the worm-hole was at the movie's beginning

4. Yep he's on a new space station; I've read up on these kinds of space stations in the past. It's something like a "Bernal Sphere". Essentially this is the kind of space colony/station we'll most likely be building in the future. It's a circle, because it spins to generate 1G gravity; it's the same concept as was in the Matt Damon movie "Elysium". Not sure if it's situated near the sun, because of how bright it was, or if it indeed is next to Saturn, since that is where Cooper was found. I've provided links to pics below on these space colonies
Yeah, #1 is giving me the hardest time and my biggest gripe with the film, haha.
08:39 AM on 11/05/14 
User Info.
Recovery Room
Neverland
Male
Also...

"They" are suppose to be humans in the future, correct? And they put the wormhole there for the earlier humans to figure out how to survive?
09:27 AM on 11/05/14 
User Info.
Recovery Room
Neverland
Male
Here's the thing I really hated:

Matt Damon's character wasn't really a character, he was a plot device. Where the other characters have their own personality and such, he's just there to cause trouble. Anne Hathaway's whole speech about being in love with him and could people fall in love while separated on other planets basically meant nothing. They brought it up and never touch on it again, she barely even speaks to Damon. Then he goes psycho and becomes the stereotypical evil character. That's where my opinion of the movie changed for me. It was Nolan falling back into being Nolan and wanting to introduce some action when it didn't necessarily need it.
She wasn't in love with Damon. She was in love with the guy who was on the planet where we saw her last.
09:42 AM on 11/05/14 
User Info.
Recovery Room
Neverland
Male
Ah dammit. Well that explains it. I totally misunderstood. But my opinion on Damon still stands. They could have easily put time into the character to make his decision seem more logical. Instead, it was "I'm evil guys. Prepare for me to cause a lot of trouble."
I can see that. But I think enough was conveyed by how he responded when they woke him up and how he said he didn't even set a wake up time. With the time constraints in an already 3 hour epic, it didn't really bother me and I could understand his motivations.
09:23 AM on 11/09/14 
User Info.
Recovery Room
Neverland
Male
Loved this way more a 2nd time and understood a lot more; can't believe I missed the reason behind the NASA coordinates . Definitely don't see this when you're tired.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos