Chicago
Male
Ugh, reading.
10:31 PM on 01/12/13 
User Info.
Theseventhson
NY
Male - 22 Years Old
Jason can't read, Mal, what were you thinking?
11:33 PM on 01/12/13 
User Info.
suicidalmoose
Lindsay let me kiss your forehead!
Lisboa, Portugal
Male - 27 Years Old
That definitely seems to be the case around here. From what I've seen, people around here seem to view him as one of the better working directors, when that couldn't be any further from the truth.

Well, I enjoy Nolan and I enjoy his films a lot. They're well crafted and entertaining action films, and they don't intend to be anything else. I hold him in high regard and I do think he's one of the best working directors of that genre. Now, this didn't prevent me from watching other kinds of films, which I believe you'd consider "better" - I loved 'Amour' and 'Cesare deve morire', for example, and also liked 'Tabu' pretty much (if you haven't seen 'Cesare' or 'Tabu' I'd suggest you do, they're really criative and flawless and I think you'd like them). So holding Nolan in high regard doesn't mean you stop pursuing, what you'd call, better things. And I have a few friends who think the same way, so it's just not me.

Also, you must know that every opinion regarding any work of art is subjective - that's just how it is. Such is art. So I don't think any of us has the moral authority to dictate if 'The Tree of Life' is better than, say, 'Expendables'. It's only a matter of opinion! There's no official and established standarsd to say one work of art is better than the other.

Sure, you can argue why you think one film is better than the other, but you must also take into account that every work of art evoques different feelings and sensations in anyone who watches it. If people have orgasms watching 'The Dark Knight Rises' or even Nicolas Cage films, and don't care about Terrence Malick because they find his films boring and nothing else, they have the right to do so, and we can't tell them what films they should and shouldn't watch.

I have nothing against Terrence Malick, just saying!
11:52 PM on 01/12/13 
User Info.
thisisadisaster
RICK FROM ALABAMA
Male - 27 Years Old
I HOPE MICHEAL CAINE CAN BE IN IT
11:53 PM on 01/12/13 
User Info.
Argentine
When I die, rap dies; Destiny Bond.
ACTUALLY South Korea
Female
My Cocaine
11:54 PM on 01/12/13 
User Info.
Jake Jenkins
jakej654.bandcamp.com
St. Louis, MO
Male - 22 Years Old
Staff Member
mile coke aine
11:55 PM on 01/12/13 
User Info.
Star Slight
Bahtmahnnnn ahmmm leeeeeavinnnn yewwwwww

RIP-

Alfred
11:57 PM on 01/12/13 
User Info.
Argentine
ACTUALLY South Korea
Female
You know what's a good movie? Oliver & Company. Is this movie going to be better than Oliver & Company? No? Okay.
12:03 AM on 01/13/13 
User Info.
Argentine
ACTUALLY South Korea
Female
Guys, I just finished the trailer for Oliver & Company, added Inception BRAHHHM horn in certain parts. Don't like it anymore.
12:05 AM on 01/13/13 
User Info.
thisisadisaster
RICK FROM ALABAMA
Male - 27 Years Old
i liked this song form inception

09:57 AM on 01/13/13 
User Info.
Ryan Dennehy
Staff Member
This website's handling of mainstream music compared to its love of mainstream film is hilarious.

When you think about it tho, it makes sense. Blink 182 and Brand New are probably roughly analogous to directors like Nolan. Still within the "mainstream", but far enough away from the center to create a feeling of critical thought without it being present significantly more than if they hadn't listened in the first place. Then everyone who doesn't like those bands (or this director) gets labelled as a hipster or troll.

That said, I've realized I don't explore non-commercial film enough so I'm going to attempt to watch some of those which Malcom linked. Hopefully I find some I like.
10:03 AM on 01/13/13 
User Info.
Chris M.
I like mainstream movies and mainstream music! I am the mainstream and I am fucking awesome.
11:15 AM on 01/13/13 
User Info.
aradiantsunrise
i get what i want
Coral Springs, FL
Male - 27 Years Old
So glad I use the ignore button now.
11:41 AM on 01/13/13 
User Info.
brandon_260
Ah, yes.
Oshawa, Ontario
Male - 21 Years Old
Not what I said. Jesus Christ.
If you had clicked all the links, maybe you would have come to the conclusion that there are in fact a few films there that are in English.
11:42 AM on 01/13/13 
User Info.
Eich696
I hate TY Hilton
South Jersey
Male - 24 Years Old
Thread is gonna be great

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music