tyler2tall147
Awesome
User Info.
Really hope they follow this up with books and DVDs
02:17 PM on 01/10/13
Spencer Control
Goddamn, I miss my dead friends
User Info.
Whoa. Nice. I like it - innovative, appealing, and pretty simple. I don't need it - I don't purchase a lot of music from Amazon except through third-parties, and prefer to do it all by ripping to stay organized mentally - but I'm sure this is great for a lot of customers. Good move.
02:25 PM on 01/10/13
_veges_
User Info.
Wow, this is awesome. I hope they add this feature in for vinyl soon.
Exactly my thoughts
02:28 PM on 01/10/13
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
User Info.
This is incredibly sweet.
02:59 PM on 01/10/13
CarlFarbman
last.fm/user/CarlFarbman
User Info.
This doesn't benefit me in any way, but this fucking rules.

Next stop, no more physical media production / waste to the environment.

CD's I can understand, but no more Vinyl? That's just silly now.
04:19 PM on 01/10/13
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
User Info.
Wow, this is awesome. I hope they add this feature in for vinyl soon.

Agreed. This is nice, I guess, but CDs are easy to rip so its just a small time saver.

I hate it when I get a new record and tear the plastic off and... there isn't a download card inside. I can record from my turntable, but splitting the thing up with audacity is a pain and there's always the chance I get a pop and need to re-record it. Offering the DL right when you order is the proper way to do it anyways (though DL cards are still good for people who buy it from a store/merch table)
05:43 PM on 01/10/13
craigisashark
craigisashark
User Info.
That word doesn't mean what you think it does. You meant mogul.
I stand corrected. thanks for that, I probably would have kept using it that way haha
05:59 PM on 01/10/13
Xiegfried
Reconnect This
User Info.
Agreed. This is nice, I guess, but CDs are easy to rip so its just a small time saver.

I hate it when I get a new record and tear the plastic off and... there isn't a download card inside. I can record from my turntable, but splitting the thing up with audacity is a pain and there's always the chance I get a pop and need to re-record it. Offering the DL right when you order is the proper way to do it anyways (though DL cards are still good for people who buy it from a store/merch table)
I know exactly what you mean. It's always a bummer when I drop $15-$20 on a record and it doesn't come with a download. Recording is definitely a pain in the ass, too.
06:47 PM on 01/10/13
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
User Info.
I know exactly what you mean. It's always a bummer when I drop $15-$20 on a record and it doesn't come with a download. Recording is definitely a pain in the ass, too.

I mean, it depends a lot on the label. I'm not too disappointed if a Red Scare or P&P release doesn't come with the download card because I get that they are small labels and are doing their best to get just by. Also if it came out more than 3 years ago, I give it a pass. But if you have an established label and are releasing a new record on vinyl, you have almost no excuse for not including a card.
07:41 PM on 01/10/13
Jeff_Ryan
easy come and easy go, whatever
User Info.
I don't see how this would motivate anyone to buy physical who otherwise wouldn't
10:16 PM on 01/10/13
Chris Collum
User Info.
This does nothing for me at all.

Also, why not offer FLAC? Or at least non-shittily encoded mp3s? When is Amazon gonna get its head out of its ass about encoding?
08:36 AM on 01/11/13
Jeff_Ryan
User Info.
This does nothing for me at all.

Also, why not offer FLAC? Or at least non-shittily encoded mp3s? When is Amazon gonna get its head out of its ass about encoding?
Amazon doesn't know what FLAC is
08:39 AM on 01/11/13
Chris Collum
User Info.
Amazon doesn't know what FLAC is
Yeah I guess you're right. But seriously, they should hire someone who actually knows at least a little bit about encoding...a lot of their mp3 albums are supposedly VBR but look like whack-as-fuck mutt rips, some actually are mutt rips and are partially 256 and partially VBR, and they've also been known to sell transcoded stuff before. Some shit man, some shit.
08:42 AM on 01/11/13
Jeff_Ryan
User Info.
Yeah I guess you're right. But seriously, they should hire someone who actually knows at least a little bit about encoding...a lot of their mp3 albums are supposedly VBR but look like whack-as-fuck mutt rips, some actually are mutt rips and are partially 256 and partially VBR, and they've also been known to sell transcoded stuff before. Some shit man, some shit.
I usually only buy digital through Bandcamp or straight from the label for the same reason. I think anything I have on my computer that came from Amazon is the result of one of their $2 mp3 promotions

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos