Username
Password

Comments: Page 11
Displaying posts 150 - 165 of 357
11:43 AM on 01/10/13
QuietThings430
Stop liking things.
User Info.
Maybe now. But back in 2008, they were very much from here.

That's true, but are we including all artists with origins in this scene regardless of genre? Cause then, and I know a lot of people will hate to hear it, Skrillex would be pretty high up. Maybe even Cobra Starship too.
11:44 AM on 01/10/13
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
Seriously though, FBR should push this as Twenty One Pilots' single. Easily their strongest track and most radio ready song.
QuietThings430
Stop liking things.
User Info.
I like to think that we played a big part in breaking fun. mainstream.

APnet > Superbowl Commericals > Glee
hey_chris
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I work in an office with nothing but girls 21-26 who love the radio and MTV. I think asking them if they're familiar with a band could be the gauge, which leads me to also say that I really wouldn't consider PATD mainstream, they had like one mainstream hit and I don't even know that was played on Top 40.
It definitely got Top 40. They blew up and had some mainstream recognition for a while.
11:45 AM on 01/10/13
Anton Djamoos
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I would definitely say 3 oh 3! The guys were signed to photofinish who also had envy on the coast, paper rival, anthony green.

dudes had a song with katy perry & kesha, i don't think it gets more mainstream than that.
3Oh!3 had one song and the song with Katy Perry wasn't even that big.

One could argue that Katy Perry is from the scene...she played Warped Tour to a completely dismal crowd when she was dating Travis McCoy.
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
That's true, but are we including all artists with origins in this scene regardless of genre? Cause then, and I know a lot of people will hate to hear it, Skrillex would be pretty high up. Maybe even Cobra Starship too.
Like I said, if you put aside current music, Skrillex would probably be the biggest person from the scene.
Jason Tate
User Info.
I see Fun. following JEW's career path: both had loyal followings before mainstream success and like JEW, I see Fun. keeping that loyalty once the success has died down. I don't see them fading into oblivion( ala AAR, Plain White T's) at all.
That would be awesome, especially since Jim was the one that first signed Nate.
QuietThings430
Stop liking things.
User Info.
I have a sinking feeling VersaEmerge might get big too. Their new tracks are pretty synth heavy,
11:46 AM on 01/10/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
I work in an office with nothing but girls 21-26 who love the radio and MTV. I think asking them if they're familiar with a band could be the gauge, which leads me to also say that I really wouldn't consider PATD mainstream, they had like one mainstream hit and I don't even know that was played on Top 40.

#7 on the top 40. I bet they know "I Write Sins.."
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
That would be awesome, especially since Jim was the one that first signed Nate.
The Arizona crew!
QuietThings430
Stop liking things.
User Info.
Totally forgot about them. "Don't Trust Me" was huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge.

Their new track "Young Blood" has potential to put them back on the map. Kinda jumps on the whole indie pop craze.
11:47 AM on 01/10/13
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
Their new track "Young Blood" has potential to put them back on the map. Kinda jumps on the whole indie pop craze.
Haven't listened to it. I'll have to check it out.
11:48 AM on 01/10/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
3Oh!3 had one song and the song with Katy Perry wasn't even that big.

One could argue that Katy Perry is from the scene...she played Warped Tour to a completely dismal crowd when she was dating Travis McCoy.

I wish I could have seen that show.
Anton Djamoos
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I have a sinking feeling VersaEmerge might get big too. Their new tracks are pretty synth heavy,
I have a feeling VersaEmerge's stock is sinking. The whole "girl-fronted band trying to mimic Paramore's success" is not happening. Time for The Voice.
timorous_me
http://www.PunksInVegas.com
User Info.
Offspring, as previously mentioned, should definitely be in the top ten. They have the highest selling independent album of all time. A lot of the Epitaph scene that came up around the same time Green Day was blowing up at Reprise deserve consideration (Bad Religion and Rancid were especially inescapable on MTV and the radio, had gold and platinum selling records, and continue to sell out huge shows).

Iím also surprised at the lack of Rise Against. That band is still unbelievably huge.

I'd list them:

1. Green Day
2. Blink
3. Offsrping
4. Fall Out Boy
5. Rise Against

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles