Username
Password

Comments: Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 50 of 50
02:21 AM on 01/11/13
rawspinner
Fight the Cancer
User Info.
The nominees for Best Picture are bad. The only reason movies like LINCOLN, LES MISERABLES, SILVER LININGS, BEASTS OF THE SOUTHERN WILD made it because they hit all the Oscar bait checkmarks without actually being that great of movies. movies like MAGIC MIKE, LOOPER, and MOONRISE KINGDOM off the top of my head were far more interesting and original than those choices (not saying they should have been nominated for Best Picture either, but they'll be more memorable than the ones I mentioned above).

It's just that the Oscars and the Academy are so boring and so predictable. The same old white men making the choices, never taking risks, so these studios and producers and directors know exactly what they need to do to hit all the checkmarks and get nominated without actually putting too much thought and effort in what they are creating.

real talk MAGIC MIKE is way better than the vast majority of the movies nominated for Best Picture in 2012.

Did you see the movies you mentioned above?
02:25 AM on 01/11/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
Did you see the movies you mentioned above?
of course
07:13 AM on 01/11/13
rawspinner
Fight the Cancer
User Info.

so like they weren't good at all? like I can understand your argument about them being typical, but I've heard fantastic things about BOTSW.
08:45 AM on 01/11/13
PaperRival-Jake
User Info.
Daniel Day-Lewis deserves the award. Who cares if it's bait? It's a great movie. I think the supporting actor nominations were set up in a way that would immediately give the nod to Tommy Lee Jones for his portrayal of Thaddeus Stevens. Which, however you cut the pie, was one of the most entertaining pieces of acting this year.

Christoph was great. deserved the nom, but he won an oscar just a couple years ago for a VERY similar part in a movie by the same director.

Affleck was robbed, QT was robbed, Moonrise Kingdom was robbed. They opened up best picture to 10 nominees just a couple years ago, and you can't find room for Moonrise? horseshit.
02:22 PM on 01/11/13
AussieBoy
User Info.
Yay!! Go Hugh Hackman!!!

And jackie weaver and Naomi watts!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT