Password
Contest News - Page 5
Displaying posts 60 - 71 of 71.
08:16 PM on 01/10/13
zachff
is Dalton Russell
User Info.
Running Out of Places to Go

As someone who's gone a lot, this line, "I'd miss my bed, but I can't remember how it feels compared to yours or any other but thank you for letting me into your home" really hit home.
08:20 PM on 01/10/13
Steelertroyfan
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Making waves because that was the first sobg i got to stage dive to in cleveland. Such a awesome song
08:43 PM on 01/10/13
kmonkey2
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
My favorite song off the EP is Running Out of Places to Go. The song is very catchy and the gang vocals at the end hit me every time.

Also the sentiment of "I'd miss my bed, but I can't remember how it feels compared to yours or any other but thank you for letting me into your home. I was running out of places to go" really speaks to me. I just moved back home to Michigan after living out of state for a few years and the beginning of this fit with me missing something even though I can't really distinguish what it was/is.

09:05 PM on 01/10/13
rachelgalindo
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Making Waves because not only is it an amazing song musically, I've probably listened to it on repeat about 20 times straight, but it's the one that I related to most. This past year was a tough one for me and listening to this song really helped me get through and remember that one day I'll be out there doing what I love and being happy despite the people or things that have held me back right now or in the past.
09:06 PM on 01/10/13
bovice182
User Info.
Hands- couldnt wait to listen to the new swellers so, even though I was in busy with school work, I listened to it and (being distracted) I thought the first words were "Courtney Love" haha I remember thinking wait..what the hell? Better give this my full attention. :P wonderful ep
10:24 PM on 01/10/13
saddr weirdr
We're all alone. grab a hold.
User Info.
My favorite song on ROOPTG is Making Waves. The Swellers have been one of my all time favorite bands since I first got into them. I really don't even know where to begin. I found a community of friends through them and felt accepted for the first time in a long time. They've been an indirect catalyst for numerous positive changes in my life, and they've also been the background music to my life for the past couple years. "Making Waves" is probably the most relevant to my life right now. I've spent a lot of time resenting my childhood and struggling with various mental disorders, and I'm only now attempting to turn some of that resentment into productivity. I realized that I have every right to hate someone who turned my life to shit, and I'm moving forward with my life as retribution instead of wallowing in self pity. The song reads like a big fuck you to everyone who's tried to hold me back/use me for their personal benefit.
05:16 AM on 01/11/13
lisajung
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
For me it has to be "Hands"
10:13 AM on 01/11/13
djviolent
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hands!!
04:10 PM on 01/11/13
NITEOWLVISUALS
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Anybody win?
09:56 AM on 01/14/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor | @drewberinger | Locked Groove
User Info.
the contest has ended, the winner will be contacted by the end of the day
10:07 PM on 01/16/13
Geekcartel
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
My favorites song is Running Out Of Places To Go because it reminds me of a girl who's love gave a place when I had no other.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS