Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 3 posts.
01:39 PM on 01/10/13
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
User Info.
I wonder who "loves his sin" more -- the kid who is constantly being told there is something wrong with the way he was born or the guy using his success to pass judgment from his twitter pulpit?
01:42 PM on 01/10/13
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
User Info.
people just need to ignore things like this. dont give him attention. moving on

Ignoring racism and homophobia isn't the right way to deal with it. We've tried that for a while and it hasn't worked.

Better solution to me seems to brand his guy as the homophobe he is. Raise awareness so that people stop buying his music or going to their shows. Don't give them interviews or positive press. If society ignores with things like this happen, they'll continue to happen. If society puts their foot down and says "no" and makes it a decidedly Bad Move for people to say stuff like that, maybe they'll finally stop.
09:49 AM on 01/11/13
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
User Info.
You do realize that disagreeing with homosexuality is not the same as being homophobic, right? Hes coming from the fact that the Bible clearly sates that homosexuality is wrong. Is it just another sin and we are all just as guilty of these? Yes. But he is just trying to say that living a sinful lifestyle is not Christ-like, therefore being a true "Christian" (being Christ-like) is not possible if you are living in homosexuality.

I don't necessarily agree with his statement, because everyone does/have done things that are wrong and not "Christ-like", but I understand where he is coming from. He definitely should be showing more love when talking about stuff like this though, especially after condemning others for not being "Christ-like."

"Homosexuality is a sin" is one thing. I wouldn't be too super bothered by it, but its a completely different debate and I wouldn't call it Homophobic behavior. (unless of course it was used in the context of "Homosexuality is a sin and sin is bad so you should feel bad for being a choosing to be a homosexual" But he included the holier-than-thou attitude and "You cannot be Gay and be a Christian" and I think that *is* homophobic.

I honestly admire your resolve and attitude in this situation, but I genuinely want to know if you would do this for any other issue.

You mean like racism or sexism? Yeah I'd also be bothered by anyone who used their fame as a pulpit to preach that
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests