xdrummerxdudex
i am a legend
User Info.
This guy is probably a fan of Fred Phelps
03:11 PM on 01/10/13
White
A masochist cannibal dining alone.
User Info.
Except racism isn't condoned by the Bib- oh, wait...
03:14 PM on 01/10/13
lordchamberlain
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i just don't get why anybody cares. are we not used to people saying stupid shit by now? as if we have to be melodramatic and write some long rant on the internet (while preaching to the choir, no less) about how this guy is a bigot? no shit he's a bigot.
03:14 PM on 01/10/13
Coverbydesign
User Info.
I am starting to think that 30 second delay on twitter should be put into effect. So this way when logic and reason hits the person brian they can stop the stupid before it becomes public.
03:15 PM on 01/10/13
JoelMakesMusic
I wrote a four word letter.
User Info.
As a Christian, I want to let everyone know that this is a bunch of balderdash. Sorry to everyone who's been shown a false god because of guys like this.
03:16 PM on 01/10/13
TheIronHAM
User Info.
Incredible response from twitter, "Bro @mikefortoday. Just checked out that bible thing. I dunno dude. A bunch of bachelors hanging out & drinking wine. Seems a little gay."
lotusmilano
just follow your heart
User Info.
The real news here is that: there's no such thing as wisdom found in a statement made by a member of For Today
rawspinner
Fight the Cancer
User Info.
You make a lot of very good points here. I was really just trying to say how it seems so arbitrary when people choose when they do and don't take literally from the bible.

Ya, a lot of people do this with the assumption of continuity first, and then they try to construct their reasoning after that assumption is made, which is half assed and doesn't do the conversation any good.

I'm reading a book by John Bright about tracing the idea of the Kingdom of God throughout scripture as one example of continuity. It's pretty good (although he calls communism barbaric at one point, which I vehemently disagree with) but I love how in the introduction he states that trying to recognize continuity is a way more complicated task than how we view it often. It made me think more deeply about the connection between Jesus and the law, and what we're called to obey and why. It made me think more deeply about what I believe which could be classified as picking and choosing and what would fit within the continuity of scripture.
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
no need to be condescending..

there's a bunch of history behind the Bible that not many take the time to study. It's not picking or choosing, Leviticus was written exclusively to the high priests of Levi because they were the few who could enter the Holy of Holies. They were different. We're not meant to apply it so extremely to our lives as some of you use as arguments, because that need for total purity vanished with Jesus's death. People are going to sin. It's okay, it's covered. Back then it wasn't..cue the sacrifices and altars as compensation.
I didn't mean to sound condescending, I was genuinely frustrated.

But in this case we're talking pretty much solely about 1Corinthians 6? And I guess Romans 1.
So just to clarify, what's your religio-political stance here? No need to get into the politics if you're not comfortable, but for the sake of clarity I just wanna know where you stand on the severity and consequences of homosexuality.

I get that one popular school of thought is that New Testament followers can cite Jesus's sacrifice and sort of let sins like homosexuality go... but what's the policy on someone who commits a sin like that freely and without any intent to reform? I ask this totally genuinely, because I'm realizing that I don't really know the answer.
ranoa513
Been Here A While
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I am starting to think that 30 second delay on twitter should be put into effect. So this way when logic and reason hits the person brian they can stop the stupid before it becomes public.
There is no way 30 seconds is going to save ignorant morons from themselves.
03:17 PM on 01/10/13
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
There's only one J-man in my life, Justin Timberlake.
03:17 PM on 01/10/13
emmx8D
Thanks Daaaaaaaaaan
User Info.
Sadly, it will also make a lot of people who share their archaic beliefs support them, but I'm betting their fanbase will ultimately shrink.
definitely couldn't agree more. and like someone said above, most of the responses have been in favor of human decency.
03:19 PM on 01/10/13
re7ard1337
You don't mean a thing to me.
User Info.
I hate how some Christians feel their "religious freedoms" include not being called out publicly for distasteful things they say.

He has a right to his beliefs, he does not have a right for everyone to accept it and move on. Our belief systems are equally important, so we have the right to express our disagreement with his rants.
you're totally right in having views and in calling him out on what he believes, but regardless, there is more story out there. there is a reason Christians believe what they do about homosexuality, and it is more than what a couple of verses in the Bible talk about.
Who Is Ryan?
???
User Info.
There's only one J-man in my life, Justin Timberlake.
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
For Today must mean how relevant they'll be.

This is an awesome idea and I'm surprised I had never heard of it before...
But this guy sent 4 tweets in a row which approached the character limit, doubt he would have been doubling back :P

Incredible response from twitter, "Bro @mikefortoday. Just checked out that bible thing. I dunno dude. A bunch of bachelors hanging out & drinking wine. Seems a little gay."

Incredible the first time someone made that joke, maybe.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests