Sakarazu
Hello
User Info.
oOOF
06:44 AM on 01/12/13
JunBringer
www.last.fm/user/junbringer
User Info.
I wonder if bands will still tour with them even after they kicked the dude out.
07:21 PM on 01/12/13
DItaliaO
User Info.
he's right, their is no such thing as a "gay" christian because their is no such thing as a "christian". Jesus died a Jewish man, he did not set out to make a new religion. he merely fulfilled the prophecy stated in the Tanakh (The Old Testament for all you "Christian" Bible readers!).
07:26 PM on 01/12/13
Twobucktin
User Info.
I wonder if bands will still tour with them even after they kicked the dude out.
They have a couple of tours lined up (including one headlining tour) and nobody has dropped off nor kicked them off yet. I don't see them getting kicked off either.
05:34 PM on 01/13/13
Star Slight
User Info.
lol damn what a weird fight in here between those muzik dizcovery sites
09:35 PM on 01/13/13
Jack Appleby
@JackMEB
User Info.

I know you bugged me a few times about answering your quote - wanted to make sure you noticed I answered yesterday.
10:00 PM on 01/13/13
Ryan Dennehy
it's just me & u
User Info.
[quote=Jack Appleby;117591652]Just wanted to say first off that I'm not going to address the religious items - I'm only interested in tackling my thinking in regards to staff and supporting other staffers.[quote]

Those weren't religious items, they were academic items that you brought in to the conversation. I saw Jason detailed for you the way thinking homosexuality is a sin is inherently disrepectful so I'm not going tor rehash it, but I really really don't agree with your perspective on the matter.

Quote:
I will always defend every member of this staff, as I'm part of the staff. Call it leftover learnings from my team sports days - I don't believe you EVER publicly criticize a member of your team. Why would I ever do that? If I went out and publicly criticized a staffer, that not only brings the value and sentiment towards AbsolutePunk down, but it devalues what I personally do, as I'm suggesting the site isn't staffed properly. I would never, ever, ever do that. Besides, I really like everything that every staff member contributes.

It doesn't bring the value down at all. Jason always invokes the idea of diversity and independence of the staff - publicly criticizing someone in the forums is much more acceptable than publishing an entire piece as criticism. It's informal, and there's little reason for staffers to behave differently than normal users. They're still people with opinions, and they have a right (which is excercised often and vigorously) to express their opinion on another staffers work.
Quote:
When I say I defend a staffer, I'm not saying I defend their political views, social views, or anything else - I'm saying that I'll always defend and support their work for the website. When I say I don't appreciate when people gang up on an individual in a disrespectful way, that should be a given. Also, note that I'm not at all saying you can't refute points in a published piece, or that you cannot criticize a person's music taste or writing - I'm just saying you shouldn't do it maliciously, which Jake and Pat are both currently guilty of.

Quote:
I flaked on Band Draft for a few reasons, all of which I very publicly stated in the following Band Draft.
1. The trolling in the thread turned into a hate fest, which I simply couldn't even tolerate anymore - I don't remember specifically who, but all those threads are still live, so we could turn back to the immense amounts of disrespect occurring in the thread if need be.
2. I was working graveyard at the time, and became very sick from staying up essentially 24 hours a day to moderate the thread - I had to be online all times, just to keep people from chewing each other's arms off. I even remember having to be online while in a dentist chair, with a drill in my mouth, because someone had some some shockingly inappropriate things in the thread.
3. Very serious family issues also contributed, but I'd rather not publicly disclose details.
My point isn't about why you flaked on the draft, but how you went about it - I understand and sympathize with everything you went through, I really do. But you could have taken a step back and realized you should have handed the reins over much earlier or given an update on what was happening instead of the way it did happen

Quote:
I'm not sure I understand this one. I have no problem being known for my contributions to MEB - I'm proud of the work I did when I ran the site. I believe Stephen had made a comment about some "really questionable writers" - there were no questionable writers while I was in charge, and I firmly believe every single writer improved at MEB. Besides music discussion, one of the reasons I believed in MEB was our mission to provide an outlet for young writers to get published, which is so hard to do these days.
I don't even remember what was in this post and I'm not going to open another tab for it but I think my point was that these people all have bad reps in your mind yet they were once your employees. And, for all your talk of reputation, you seem to fail to understand the one you've cultivated. Your work for MEB is your primary reference point for most people because of the low volume of work you've done here (which is fine, I understand you've had issues and been busy this year, I'm just saying). You got this position because of MEB, it was in your username everywhere for some time, you are linked to that site and the people who wrote while you were there and even those who came after.

Quote:
Here's what some people have done since MEB.

Erik - a HUGE part of what's going on at POZ.
Dylan - cofounded Sanctuary, though apparently has fallen out of favor? Not familiar with the situation.
Jason Gardner and myself - came to write for AbsolutePunk, which is the site we all idolized from day one.
Pat - Internship at P+P (which I pushed hard for and wrote a glowing recommendation for, btw). Also, keep in mind I brought Pat into my work, along with Andy, Thomas, and Jacob Tender.

Pat got into this with you so I won't continue that but I really don't know what I should say here since none of this is really what I was talking about

Quote:
Regarding my contributions to AP, I'm the first to admit I didn't get to be as active as I wanted to. I work about 60 hours a week, and again, had immense family troubles throughout 2012. However, I can definitely say I contributed literally every time I could muster it in 2012.

That's all well and good I'm just pointing it out.

Quote:
I don't read your site, so all I have to base my opinions on is how they conduct themselves on this site. On this site, they choose to troll and stir drama, and you admit "maybe Jake" does. If you're all also part of the same website, their online attitudes will certainly affect whether I go to your site or not, and absolutely follow you.
Then maybe you should read our site instead of letting preconceived notions of vague "drama" cloud your opinion.

Quote:
The perfect example here is Casey Whitman. Casey managed to alienate, irritate, and offend a large amount of people on AbsolutePunk - as a result, his website was regularly bashed. I'm fairly certain that Pat, Jake, and myself have all criticized Muzik Dizcovery publicly, specifically due to how Casey represented himself on AbsolutePunk. Do you not view that as far?

If you criticized his website for his personality (which isn't much) then I dunno what to tell you. He was an attention seeking idiot that spammed his site. We don't do that, and any criticism of his site is likely well deserved. I've been on it a few times, liked some stuff, found some other stuff grating in the extreme. His site and ours can be fairly criticized without resorting to lazy ad hominem, which you seem to have no issue with.
Quote:
Pat and I have history, which he lightly addressed here - I'm not going to air that out publicly.
this didnt work out for you lol

Quote:
I'd love to have more time - but I don't. I work a very demanding job, and spent most of 2012 either working graveyard or commuting 1.5 hours each direction.
okay so if you don't know what's going on on the website then you really shouldn't act like you do. you having the job and stuff is fine, but if it prevents you from keeping up with some of the primary threads and relationships that affect the events on the forums then you shouldn't speak on them.

also sorry for the long response time i read this then fell asleep because i didnt want to stay up to respond and forget about it
10:02 PM on 01/13/13
Ryan Dennehy
it's just me & u
User Info.
lol damn what a weird fight in here between those muzik dizcovery sites
we're all about the weird
02:10 AM on 01/14/13
rob18244
born and raised.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
What a silly fuck.
07:20 AM on 01/14/13
Archael
listens to good music
User Info.
idiot
08:28 AM on 01/14/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Funny thread
09:03 AM on 01/14/13
JordanKTM
Right Back At It Again
User Info.
Out of all the verses in the bible, the one about "homosexuality" is the one Christians choose to be ignorant with. They treat it like a buffet; picking and choosing what they wanna hear/see/read, etc
10:05 AM on 12/31/13
Jake Jenkins
~
User Info.
classic
10:06 AM on 12/31/13
Dustin Harkins
Go support Kony 2012 some more
User Info.
Remember that time the For Today guitarist said there was no such thing as a gay christian

Weird times
10:07 AM on 12/31/13
Sakarazu
Hello
User Info.
remember when jack appleby accused sanctuary review of having a gang mentality against him
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS