Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 3 posts
09:56 AM on 01/14/13
tomtom94
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Totally agree with the review.

All throughout Tre I just wished the whole trilogy had been so good. "Dirty Rotten Bastards" is a bona fide classic, and Tre is a good (not quite great) album - I just wonder if it will be enough.
08:49 AM on 01/17/13
tomtom94
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
It's true the trilogy would have been better as a 15-song album, but now everyone can choose their own 15 songs.

I've always been entertained by the idea of releasing a selection of around 15-20 tracks and allowing fans to choose which ones they want to keep on a 12/13 song CD. Can't help but feel that might have worked well here.
04:09 PM on 01/17/13
tomtom94
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
It worked horribly for the Kaiser Chiefs, but that's a different story. It is an interesting concept, but so hard to form a genuine consensus amongst fans as well. If it came down to a system in which everyone could cast one vote, I guarantee you the weakest tracks from these albums would have won out -- the amount of 14 year olds who think Kill the DJ is Green Day's best song is depressingly high.

With Tre, there really isn't a song I want to skip. Sex, Drugs and Violence, A Little Boy Named Train and The Forgotten are the weakest and I find myself singing along to them. I liked 21CBD but due to Tre's brevity I would say it's their most enjoyable album in almost 10 years.
Worked horribly for the Kaiser Chiefs? I hate to seem ignorant, what happened there?

I found it interesting earlier when I was on Spotify, after a spike after Uno's release none of the songs from the trilogy are in Green Day's top 5 any more - Oh Love and Kill the DJ have both dropped down the popularity figures.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos