Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 33
01:03 PM on 01/14/13
Clockwise
Running on Fruit Snacks
User Info.
TRE>UNO>DOS for me.

Pretty alright review, although I would have been less harsh and scored it higher, but that's probably just because I'm a Green Day fanatic, haha.

I loved the trilogy, I'd actually say it ranks quite high in their discography for me.

Also, people saying it should just have been one disc frustrate me, because you have that one disc of good songs. Not everybody loves and hates the same songs, so this way you have an album worth of songs you like, and even more you could possibly grow to like. It just confuses me when people say one album would have been better, as the band probably wouldn't have chosen all the ones you would have.
01:30 PM on 01/14/13
georgedcc
User Info.
Fair review, this was probably the best album of the trilogy.

In hindsight now, releasing three albums, when they had enough good songs for just about one album was a terrible idea. If they'd have just released one album, then it could have been very good (though I don't think there are many songs across the three discs that encroach into great territory), as it is, it's just filler, filler and even more filler.
02:26 PM on 01/14/13
avarice14
A Waste Of A Time
User Info.
cannot agree with this review more.
03:21 PM on 01/14/13
LAFlightPlan
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Maybe I'll have to give this album another chance. I hated Uno and Dos so much that when this one came out, I know I half-heartedly listened to this one at least once through but nothing caught my attention enough to actually get me to LISTEN.
Same here... I'll give it another listen.
03:53 PM on 01/14/13
Steeeve Perry
Pushin' th' little daisies
User Info.
This is their best album since American Idiot, and people who didn't like American Idiot should consider it their best since Warning. It ha a couple of tracks which don't keep pace with the best of the record but for the most part it is what I wanted from the trilogy. It's true the trilogy would have been better as a 15-song album, but now everyone can choose their own 15 songs. So don't take the time, to listen to them whine. They probably didn't pay for the albums anyway.
04:56 PM on 01/14/13
tdlyon
Set phasers to love me
User Info.
Absolutely excellent album. One of my favorites ever by them.
08:49 AM on 01/17/13
tomtom94
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
It's true the trilogy would have been better as a 15-song album, but now everyone can choose their own 15 songs.

I've always been entertained by the idea of releasing a selection of around 15-20 tracks and allowing fans to choose which ones they want to keep on a 12/13 song CD. Can't help but feel that might have worked well here.
03:17 PM on 01/17/13
Steeeve Perry
User Info.
I've always been entertained by the idea of releasing a selection of around 15-20 tracks and allowing fans to choose which ones they want to keep on a 12/13 song CD. Can't help but feel that might have worked well here.
It worked horribly for the Kaiser Chiefs, but that's a different story. It is an interesting concept, but so hard to form a genuine consensus amongst fans as well. If it came down to a system in which everyone could cast one vote, I guarantee you the weakest tracks from these albums would have won out -- the amount of 14 year olds who think Kill the DJ is Green Day's best song is depressingly high.

With Tre, there really isn't a song I want to skip. Sex, Drugs and Violence, A Little Boy Named Train and The Forgotten are the weakest and I find myself singing along to them. I liked 21CBD but due to Tre's brevity I would say it's their most enjoyable album in almost 10 years.
04:09 PM on 01/17/13
tomtom94
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
It worked horribly for the Kaiser Chiefs, but that's a different story. It is an interesting concept, but so hard to form a genuine consensus amongst fans as well. If it came down to a system in which everyone could cast one vote, I guarantee you the weakest tracks from these albums would have won out -- the amount of 14 year olds who think Kill the DJ is Green Day's best song is depressingly high.

With Tre, there really isn't a song I want to skip. Sex, Drugs and Violence, A Little Boy Named Train and The Forgotten are the weakest and I find myself singing along to them. I liked 21CBD but due to Tre's brevity I would say it's their most enjoyable album in almost 10 years.
Worked horribly for the Kaiser Chiefs? I hate to seem ignorant, what happened there?

I found it interesting earlier when I was on Spotify, after a spike after Uno's release none of the songs from the trilogy are in Green Day's top 5 any more - Oh Love and Kill the DJ have both dropped down the popularity figures.
05:13 PM on 01/17/13
deanster321
BLEGH
User Info.
Spot on again.
05:45 PM on 01/17/13
Steeeve Perry
User Info.
Worked horribly for the Kaiser Chiefs? I hate to seem ignorant, what happened there?

I found it interesting earlier when I was on Spotify, after a spike after Uno's release none of the songs from the trilogy are in Green Day's top 5 any more - Oh Love and Kill the DJ have both dropped down the popularity figures.
The Kaisers released all 23 songs from their 2011 record The Future is Medieval on their website and people in the UK could choose their favourite 10 and design their own record cover for like $7.50 or something.
They ended up releasing four or five different versions of the album to keep everyone happy, and none of the versions were very good.
Made me think it is probably better to release all the songs for everyone and let them make their own playlists. Saves a lot of mucking around. And although in Australia the CDs were $15 a pop most people can't complain of a cash grab because they would just download them for free anyway.
07:47 AM on 01/18/13
jesse_hitz
Juice
User Info.
These albums were the worst pieces of shit I have ever heard this year. honestly what was green day thinking? Being nice i'd give this whole trilogy a 2/10.
10:08 AM on 01/19/13
movingxpictures
Is it a dream keeping you awake?
User Info.
when I first heard about the whole trilogy thing, it just seemed like an attempt to seem relevant/stay in the headlines. If you release new stuff, no matter the quality, it's going to get some attention.
12:00 PM on 01/19/13
holdontightly
User Info.
This is the album that would've been a natural progression after Warning. It's not great, but it's certainly worth a listen for fans who despised the first two albums in the trilogy.
06:19 AM on 01/20/13
Chemical Love
-
User Info.
I will be checking Tre out now because of this review.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos