Username
Password
Release Date News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 82.
10:23 AM on 01/15/13
xBranx
Brandon Pagano / Handguns
User Info.
That artwork is really cool. Highest of hopes for the record.
10:26 AM on 01/15/13
this_century
User Info.
i don't get the hate for the artwork, i think it's so awesome. this record should be fantastic, im glad it comes out before their tour stops here!
10:37 AM on 01/15/13
kidinthebushes
User Info.
I haven't been this excited for an album in a loooong time.
10:42 AM on 01/15/13
Brett9
a creative username?
User Info.
Most anticipated album of 2013 by far. Fantastic news.
10:53 AM on 01/15/13
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.
I have HUGE hopes for this album. Can't wait at all

Not digging the artwork but it's still cool.
11:01 AM on 01/15/13
henry chinaski
User Info.
Stoked!
11:02 AM on 01/15/13
oneeightytwo
#TGG
User Info.
Potential to be one of the best pop-punk records of this year. USAD was crazy good.
11:14 AM on 01/15/13
RyanGarner
Registered Member
User Info.
Absolutely terrible artwork. Hoping this is better than Under Soil and Dirt, the instruments were great on that record but the vocals could use improvement. This band has the most annoying fans though.
11:31 AM on 01/15/13
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
most anticipated number ONE
11:54 AM on 01/15/13
evvandflow
full of shit and free beer
User Info.
stoked
12:22 PM on 01/15/13
Trashcore
lower lifes
User Info.
Still think this is a band who is more hype than anything, specially live. Live show is hilarious, but mostly because of the awful, awful crowd and the "so over it" attitude of the band. Record was quite good though, and i am interested to listen to this new one. Would be interesting to see this band progress into something more mature like Title Fight or something.

You start by saying they're more hype than anything, diss them because of their fans and their attitude, then go on to state you enjoyed their record? What the fuck is wrong with you? The band sounds exactly the same live as on album, and their live show is intense. What more could you ask from a pop punk band?
12:29 PM on 01/15/13
Soupy
User Info.
Songs I heard were great.
12:34 PM on 01/15/13
xHoodieWeather
I Just Want To Sell Out My Funeral
User Info.
You start by saying they're more hype than anything, diss them because of their fans and their attitude, then go on to state you enjoyed their record? What the fuck is wrong with you? The band sounds exactly the same live as on album, and their live show is intense. What more could you ask from a pop punk band?

The album was good for a debut LP from a pop-punk band, definitely quite a few notches above a lot of their 'peers'. What makes the album stand out from other albums is the crisp production. Live, however, the band does have a weird stage presence/attitude. The only way i can describe the crowd is that the kids at a TSSF show are usually the same kids "hardcore dancing" to the "breakdown" on Montrose by Man O.

Crisp Production vs. One Dimensional instruments and overpowering vocals is what is the downfall of this band live. If what you are into is hearing vocals, noise, and the crowd singing, that's cool, but i think the instruments are a big part of their sound on-record.

Also, the what more could you ask from a pop-punk band point is simply stupid. What keeps you from expecting more from a band simply because of genre? Maybe a live show like The Wonder Years or Fireworks? Maybe some more passion like Forever Came Calling? I don't know. Pop-punk is not a cop out for anything. Some pop-punk bads can put on amazing shows regardless of genre, and even skilled Metal players can put on a bad show.
12:47 PM on 01/15/13
cubsml34
A Class 3 KILLSTORM
User Info.
I don't hate the artwork, but I don't "get it". Still looking forward to hearing this.

Edit: the one thing I worry about for these guys is backlash from fans for not living up to the praise of USAD. It was truly a remarkable album during a time where there's a lot of bands pulling off a similar sound, and many have suffered from not being able to pull off as good of a follow up.
Yep I agree. USAD is the epitome of a catchy album, it'll be tough to top.
12:51 PM on 01/15/13
Trashcore
lower lifes
User Info.
The album was good for a debut LP from a pop-punk band, definitely quite a few notches above a lot of their 'peers'. What makes the album stand out from other albums is the crisp production. Live, however, the band does have a weird stage presence/attitude. The only way i can describe the crowd is that the kids at a TSSF show are usually the same kids "hardcore dancing" to the "breakdown" on Montrose by Man O.

Crisp Production vs. One Dimensional instruments and overpowering vocals is what is the downfall of this band live. If what you are into is hearing vocals, noise, and the crowd singing, that's cool, but i think the instruments are a big part of their sound on-record.

Also, the what more could you ask from a pop-punk band point is simply stupid. What keeps you from expecting more from a band simply because of genre? Maybe a live show like The Wonder Years or Fireworks? Maybe some more passion like Forever Came Calling? I don't know. Pop-punk is not a cop out for anything. Some pop-punk bads can put on amazing shows regardless of genre, and even skilled Metal players can put on a bad show.
Every show I've been to from the story so far you could hear every aspect of the music. Tell your local sound guy to learn his job. And wut? Your rant about me saying what more makes you seem ignorant and disingenuous.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS