Username
Password

06:10 AM on 01/16/13 
User Info.
ari telescope
kitties
Southern California
Female - 26 Years Old
What you should be doing is applying to a few more different agencies. I would say 1 out of 4 would actually call me back. One time was unexpectedly temporary because as soon as I went to work like a week later the company (that I was assigned to) got bought out. Another time I ended up with my assigned company for 4 years until they relocated to Seattle. The branch here still calls me to work for them doing other things.

Then I had two friends get a job at the same company through the same agency, and after about 8 months one got hired and one got released.

So, it's all over the place with how they work out. Like I said, I think the most frustrating thing is when you only apply to one agency and they never call you. Submit to a few.
02:24 PM on 01/17/13 
User Info.
ari telescope
kitties
Southern California
Female - 26 Years Old
I have had real bad experiences with staffing agencies. I have met with 5 companies in person and none have been able to line me up with a job despite having a college degree and 4 years experience in my industry. 3 of the companies never contacted me back even though I called them and emailed them once a week for a month. I even sent them job listings that I was interested in to see if they had any relationship with those companies. One of them responded to me saying they were still looking. The final one said they would pass along my resume to two companies. After two weeks I called them up and they said both companies weren't interested. It has been almost 4 months and out of 5 companies I have had 0 interviews. Thankfully I have a full time position so I'm not fretting, just pissed at their lack of help. What I have heard from friends and read online is that many staffing agencies are just looking to get information off your resume and from your interviews for them to build up their clientele. They will contact your current employer and tell them they had an employee contact them about leaving and they could help fill the position. Really shady shit.

That's really stupid, but I wouldn't put it past some. Other than major national companies like Aerotek or AppleOne, there are some really ghetto agencies all over the place that would probably pull shit like that. I always steered clear.

Also, you know having a major degree is actually a bad thing for an agency. All of their positions are entry-level, you're too overqualified and it's a risk because they know you'll leave for a higher, more qualified position when you find it. That and you're worth more than they can pay you, they'd rather give it to some new person who doesn't know what they should actually be getting paid.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets