Username
Password

12:55 PM on 01/16/13 
User Info.
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
L’Amérique du Nord
Male - 26 Years Old
Bought it, played it for about 5 minutes, couldn't find a copper door i was supposed to find, went back to call of duty. I'll give it another go tonight.

Ugh.

I've always had DMC 1-4 but hav never finished any. DMC 4 was dificult and the achievements were ridiculous. I wasn't oing to get the new DMC right away but ater playing the other Ninja Theory games (Heavenly Sword and Enslaved) I am pretty pumped to get it. Very overlooked but great games. How are the achievements in the new DMC?
03:02 PM on 01/16/13 
User Info.
ChaseTx
Relieved that the reviews are positive, but the controls in the demo were very frustrating. I'll wait til I see more PS3-specific feedback.
05:53 PM on 01/16/13 
User Info.
doxa_lu
protosteamcybercrust
Austin, Texas
Male - 26 Years Old
you totally just spoiled the entire game for me there.

Happens early on the first mission *shrugs*
06:03 PM on 01/16/13 
User Info.
doxa_lu
protosteamcybercrust
Austin, Texas
Male - 26 Years Old
Relieved that the reviews are positive, but the controls in the demo were very frustrating. I'll wait til I see more PS3-specific feedback.

I own it on the PS3. The gameplay is smooth but the transitions to cutscenes isn't as seamless as it wants to be smooth. It stutters a bit. I only hear audio glitches during the load screen. The level designs are a step up for this series. It's weird without a lock on but you'll manage. Starting Son of Sparda mode today.
08:02 PM on 01/16/13 
User Info.
Regards
I am Groot
Wisconsin
Male - 26 Years Old
It's not a FPS, that should be enough. It's funny though, I can't remember the last time there was a game out like this (probably more my lack of knowledge than lack of games) and now it seems like we're getting a good amount in rather a short time with this, MGR and the new God of War.

In terms of what this game has that sets it apart, I'd probably say difficulty/level design. I haven't played it yet but DMC's are usually pretty tough and I'm guessing this is the same on it's higher difficulties and the level design just looks really fucking cool and different.
Seems just like Darksiders II and Prototype II in terms of gameplay
11:11 PM on 01/16/13 
User Info.
doxa_lu
protosteamcybercrust
Austin, Texas
Male - 26 Years Old
It's really more of the same. DmC has a weak story with good gameplay and great level designs. Compared to the previous games it's a decent variant. Ninja Theory did "ok" they just need to expand on storytelling and deeper character arcs. The platforming didn't seem too repetitive.
11:17 PM on 01/16/13 
User Info.
Beer4Breakfast
No Avatar Selected
Male - 28 Years Old
Digging the game so far
11:48 PM on 01/16/13 
User Info.
aradiantsunrise
i get what i want
Coral Springs, FL
Male - 28 Years Old
I think the story is one of the game's strongest qualities. I'm a sucker for origin stuff.
01:20 AM on 01/17/13 
User Info.
SpyKi
This Charming Man
England
Male - 23 Years Old
Seems just like Darksiders II and Prototype II in terms of gameplay
Never played either but I haven't liked what I've seen of either of them. The first Darksiders felt more like a Zelda ripoff to me but without the personality or greatness. Prototype's just never appealed to me at all.
07:42 AM on 01/17/13 
User Info.
Regards
I am Groot
Wisconsin
Male - 26 Years Old
Never played either but I haven't liked what I've seen of either of them. The first Darksiders felt more like a Zelda ripoff to me but without the personality or greatness. Prototype's just never appealed to me at all.
Fair enough! I'm honestly curious, it seems to be getting a decent amount of attention. I just find lately big titles haven't satisified my gaming needs as much as they used to. I'm becoming that guy who loves and plays mostly indie games
07:46 AM on 01/17/13 
User Info.
SpyKi
This Charming Man
England
Male - 23 Years Old
Fair enough! I'm honestly curious, it seems to be getting a decent amount of attention. I just find lately big titles haven't satisified my gaming needs as much as they used to. I'm becoming that guy who loves and plays mostly indie games
It depends what kind of games you're a fan of tbh. I'm really excited for it because it seems to have a lot of things I really like in games like great bosses and interesting level design. Plus I've always been a fan of these hack and slash kind of games like God of War, Bayonetta, the earlier DMC's.
01:39 PM on 01/17/13 
User Info.
doxa_lu
protosteamcybercrust
Austin, Texas
Male - 26 Years Old
I think the story is one of the game's strongest qualities. I'm a sucker for origin stuff.
Well only 2 out of the 20 missions got me excited as far as story goes. One was exploring the "mansion" and later learning about one of the first nephilms. I wouldn't really give it high marks for the storytelling. Just a lot of juvenile and vulgar banter. Oddly enough they got praises on Enslaved but to me that quality didn't seem to crossover. Anyways it's fun game overall. I'm excited to play Vergil's Downfall.
05:34 PM on 01/17/13 
User Info.
jesse_hitz
Juice
South Slocan
Male - 24 Years Old
I have not played any other DMC games before but i'm absolutely loving this!!! Seems like the game is getting a lot of stupid fan boy hate because they changed Dante's hair....fuck that the game is dope!
06:01 PM on 01/17/13 
User Info.
drewinseries
Fight to get it back again.
Boston, MA
Male - 23 Years Old
Been a DMC fan for a while, loved 1 and 3, enjoyed 4. Excited to get this. I just got my PC running, I dont know if I will get it for that or consoles.
10:58 PM on 01/17/13 
User Info.
Beer4Breakfast
No Avatar Selected
Male - 28 Years Old
A few missions away from the end of the game and for what it's worth I feel like this has been the best DMC yet. Only played 1 and 2 but this easily blows both away. Having a tough time putting it down. If you're on the fence buy it. I have a tough time justifying $60 on a game but this has been worth every penny.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos