Honeyboy Carencro - 01.15.13
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
1. How did you get your band name?
Given to me by an old Louisiana Blues man who thought my voice sounded like honey being poured out of a jar.
2. How did this band get started?
I wanted to write and play music for people and try to help with trying to cope with everyday life.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Joe Strummer of The Clash, Bad Brains, Doves, Neil Young
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
The Rolling Stones, U2, City and Colour, Ben Harper, Bon Iver
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Any food because while touring food is scarce! NO money for food most of the time!! REAL TALK!
6. Why should people listen to your band?
If you want to keep it chill and just hear a guy and his guitar when your in a mellow mood. I'm your guy!! I try to take people to another place in their minds with my music.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Michael Jordan because of his great business savvy.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
My mom and the FANS who somehow got the Grammy voters to realize you were fed up with Bullshit being given awards!
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Less bullshit when it came to the level of space to market your music to the masses. Tired of seeing the same 12 people in every damn magazine on the planet!
10. Memorable tour experience?
Belly Up in Aspen, CO, damn near blizzard outside. Packed house / Sold Out inside! Lots of love that night!
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
FREEDOM! Freedom as an artist. Finding a outlet for indie musicians who care!! I LOVE YOU AP!
12. What is your favorite song to play?
Of my own, 'AIR I BREATHE', cover wise, 'WHERE WILL I BE' by Emmy Lou Harris.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
New Wave from the 80's. John Hughes movies.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
Bag of Peanut M&M's.
What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I am a Science Fiction fanatic!
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
I really don't care actually. People will find the music they want to hear always!
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Plot my take over of the world! Literally.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
A. Motivational speaker!
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first. |