AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Drama News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Drama
Inside AP.net

The Scenic Frontman Using The Band's Name By Himself?

Posted by: Keagan Ilvonen (01/16/13)
Apparently, the singer of The Scenic is using the band's name to release a new album. Founder of the band, Frank Romantino isn't okay with this.
From FrankI'm embarrassed that I even have to write this but I have no choice. Let me start of by saying I created The Scenic in 2006 in my basement with a group of friends. In 2008 Jeremy joined the band as the new singer, I reached out to Victory and got us a record deal. The Scenic was a BAND!!! Everyone was involved with the song writing and anyone claiming to write the songs by themselves is blatantly lying. It's a fact that no one has been in The Scenic longer than me ( I was in it from the very beginning to the very end). I don't think anyone can argue that they put more work into the band than I did. I lived for The Scenic, it was my life. The other day I received a phone call from a friend telling me that Jeremy is taking the name and putting out a new Scenic record. I was also told that Jeremy is having some person that none of us have even met write all the songs for the new record. I didn't believe it at first, none of my brothers would be so disrespectful and selfish to try and do something like this. Especially without even calling me to talk about it. I texted Jeremy and found out it was true. I expressed to him that this was wrong on so many levels and that I was 100% against any one person using the name for their own personal benefit. He told me me I could come play bass on it if I wanted to, but it didn't matter and he was going through with it either way. I then proceeded to call our label and found out that Jeremy lied to our label and told them I was involved with the project when obviously that isn't true. Any member taking the name and claiming it as The Scenic is wrong. And the people I feel sorry for the most are the fans. Jeremy is lying to you and telling you that it is The Scenic when its not, thats just plain wrong and not cool. I have always respected and loved our fans and my bandmates. Shane from Valencia has a new band (which is very good) with a different name because it is not Valencia. Sadly that isn't the case here and you are being lied to. I am 27 years old and I am not going to sit here and bash Jeremy, he is someone that I shared my music career with. No one is trying to stop Jeremy from putting out new music. He is extremely talented and I hope very much that he is successful, but to put it out as The Scenic is a slap in the face to me and anyone who was in the band. The worst part is that it is a lie to the people who made The Scenic possible, the fans. I am extremely hurt and upset that Jeremy is trying to do this. The saddest part about this whole situation to me is that over the past month I have talked to members about getting together and recording a couple new songs. Now because of this situation I don't see that possible with Jeremy involved. To say the least everyone is hurt that someone would try to do this. I don't think anyone is more hurt than me.

-Frank Romantino(Founder and Bassist for The Scenic)

Submitted by Sean.Murphy

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 24.
07:08 AM on 01/16/13
luqmanhakim
Registered Member
User Info.
In for the drama icon. But yeah sure seems like a dick move.
07:10 AM on 01/16/13
Oopz
Joe Shick
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Ya I saw this yesterday evening when he posted it on Facebook. I was getting excited hearing about another scenic record, basically because they make some good music. Now that I hear it's just Jeremy trying to make one..well, that's just not going to be a Scenic record without the rest of the band. Don't get me wrong, Jeremy is a good singer and all, but I don't believe he is an overall great musician. I've seen/heard some of the random songs he would write with a friend and such, and it's no one close to as good as the music the Scenic puts out. He need a band backing him
07:28 AM on 01/16/13
cloudpeopleband
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I would be pretty upset about this too. Hope that dude wises up to the lameness of his actions!
07:46 AM on 01/16/13
theHECKLER
User Info.
Busted
07:53 AM on 01/16/13
billyboatkid
The Protagonist of Loneliness
User Info.
Douchey McDoucherson

Edit: Don't think I've ever listened to The Scenic before.
07:56 AM on 01/16/13
SevenAM
User Info.
I stopped reading cause it was very annoying to read, paragraphs man paragraphs!
08:02 AM on 01/16/13
brokenwings
Tear the scene down, start over.
User Info.
I thought Rory was going to reunite after The Scenic split? Maybe it didn't happen because Jeremy is an asshole. It's not the first time I'm hearing that. Really a shame, because I liked Jeremy's vocals with Rory and The Scenic.
08:04 AM on 01/16/13
Oopz
Joe Shick
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I stopped reading cause it was very annoying to read, paragraphs man paragraphs!
Breakdown of the Paragraph:
-Original Member Frank is hurt.
-Not Original member Jeremy(singer) decided to take the bands name and make more music under it without the rest of the band.
-Jeremy lied to the label and said Frank was involved.
-Frank is hurt and upset.
-He is also hurt.
08:09 AM on 01/16/13
BlinkAvAfan21
She calls it a mayonegg.
User Info.
I love drama.
08:19 AM on 01/16/13
brokenwings
Tear the scene down, start over.
User Info.
-Not Original member Jeremy(singer) decided to take the bands name and make more music under it without the rest of the band.
-He is also hurt.
haha :D
08:46 AM on 01/16/13
kidinthebushes
User Info.
Another one and done Victory band.
08:52 AM on 01/16/13
Capulet
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
eh as long as i hear him singing again idc
08:59 AM on 01/16/13
HeyItsAllyssa
Graphic Designer / AllyssaMarae.com
User Info.
-He is also hurt.
Thank you for summarizing! Those lack of paragraph breaks hurt my eyes haha
09:17 AM on 01/16/13
reedard
User Info.
Whhhhhhoooooooooooooo cares!?!?!?!?
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates