Username
Password

07:54 AM on 01/17/13 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Your mouth to God's south.
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 22 Years Old
There are some ridiculous comments in here.
07:59 AM on 01/17/13 
User Info.
kidwithhelmet
MINNESNOWTA
Male - 28 Years Old
Kroll Show... as in the first episode of the new season of Tosh "We'll be right back with more the Kroll Show."
12:11 PM on 01/17/13 
User Info.
ghostyouare
/flex
Rand Mcnally
Male - 27 Years Old
I jut don't understand why the wheels thing was so funny? The show was a blast of unfunnny / over used stereotypes that weren't anything better than a vhs tape made by high schoolers? Valley girls and guys and drag? Canadian stereotypes - have you really not grown out of these things yet? I get that nothing new under the sun but aside from everyone in a wheel chair (assuming one of many drake references) everything in that had unapologetically overused to being buried deep behind the earth's surface.

I'll give it another shot next week but this is destroying Ruxin for me.
12:27 PM on 01/17/13 
User Info.
JayDanielHammer
solidkneeplus.tumblr.com
Minnesota
Male - 27 Years Old
I jut don't understand why the wheels thing was so funny? The show was a blast of unfunnny / over used stereotypes that weren't anything better than a vhs tape made by high schoolers? Valley girls and guys and drag? Canadian stereotypes - have you really not grown out of these things yet? I get that nothing new under the sun but aside from everyone in a wheel chair (assuming one of many drake references) everything in that had unapologetically overused to being buried deep behind the earth's surface.

I'll give it another shot next week but this is destroying Ruxin for me.

Oh.
12:28 PM on 01/17/13 
User Info.
JayDanielHammer
solidkneeplus.tumblr.com
Minnesota
Male - 27 Years Old

12:37 PM on 01/17/13 
User Info.
ghostyouare
/flex
Rand Mcnally
Male - 27 Years Old
Ya, that was pretty much my response through the show too. "Oh, they're doing that bit now?"
12:43 PM on 01/17/13 
User Info.
brandon_260
Ah, yes.
Oshawa, Ontario
Male - 20 Years Old
Is this anything like Thank You Very Cool? Because I had a hard time finishing that and it was only 40 minutes.
12:44 PM on 01/17/13 
User Info.
popdisaster00
Two years is a long time to pretend
Twin Cities, MN
Male - 25 Years Old
In Kroll's defense, I don't think that anyone is slamming him personally. As I mentioned, I love him in The League, Children's Hospital, and in plenty of his other small but funny supporting roles.

That said, some of his characters are really, frustratingly unfunny to some people - myself included. Quite honestly, they sometimes come off as something that not even Mad TV would have put out there.
12:44 PM on 01/17/13 
User Info.
popdisaster00
Two years is a long time to pretend
Twin Cities, MN
Male - 25 Years Old
Is this anything like Thank You Very Cool? Because I had a hard time finishing that and it was only 40 minutes.
Perfect example. Kroll doing regular standup = just fine. Kroll doing the characters = not funny.
12:57 PM on 01/17/13 
User Info.
jeffersin
I love you!
Cincinnati, OH
Male - 22 Years Old
I stopped watching right after the referee skit. I found it mildly funny, but it had more potential, I thought. This show could go either way. I felt more awkward watching it than anything, mainly because I like the guy and it wasn't going too well for me.
01:32 PM on 01/17/13 
User Info.
jwicklun
Never forget.
San Francisco, CA
Male - 24 Years Old
In Kroll's defense, I don't think that anyone is slamming him personally. As I mentioned, I love him in The League, Children's Hospital, and in plenty of his other small but funny supporting roles.

That said, some of his characters are really, frustratingly unfunny to some people - myself included. Quite honestly, they sometimes come off as something that not even Mad TV would have put out there.

Pretty much this. I think he's a great comedic actor, but this episode did nothing for me. Hopefully Cody is right that the show will get better.
01:39 PM on 01/17/13 
User Info.
Star Slight
I mean none of his well known characters were introduced here. There's a ton of talent behind it and the guests are fantastic, I hope I'm not underwhelmed with the next episode
01:54 PM on 01/17/13 
User Info.
JayDanielHammer
solidkneeplus.tumblr.com
Minnesota
Male - 27 Years Old
Yeah. I'm not going to expect the world in EPISODE ONE. I thought it was good enough for a first episode.
02:06 PM on 01/17/13 
User Info.
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
Portland, Maine
Male - 23 Years Old
Staff Member
The Canada sketch was gold. Everything else could have been better but I have faith in Kroll. He's one of the best comedians out there.
02:48 PM on 01/17/13 
User Info.
deadkidsean
__
UK
Female
The Canada sketch was gold. Everything else could have been better but I have faith in Kroll. He's one of the best comedians out there.
And his writing staff was INSANE.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version