User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Lennay Kekua is the new vocalist.
hahaha for the win!
09:02 PM on 01/17/13
icynova
Love is easier made than kept!
User Info.
God, it's amazing how much I just don't care anymore. I remember traveling 6 hours up to Denver to see these guys in college, screaming my head off with Cove, and how excited he was to just be doing his thing and living his life, but after so long, I was struck by just how "meh" I felt about this announcement. *shrug*
05:56 AM on 01/18/13
Erik Bihl
I Like Music
User Info.
Love Saosin! I dont care what people says i still love their music :)
07:23 PM on 01/29/13
FjordPrefect
User Info.
The suckiest part of all this drama is that Tillian's no longer with Tides and it's starting to look like he's not doing anything with Saosin either. Poor guy lost his job for nothing and now both bands are effed.
11:27 PM on 02/10/13
thekazeblade
User Info.
I find myself getting excited for about a second, then losing all interest. They haven't done anything unique since '06, and even that's a stretch. You know it's time to call it quits when you can't outdo your first EP 2 EP's and 2 LP's later.

The only thing that would get me interested is if that whole Anthony Green doing "Seven Years" with Beau and Justin a couple of months ago turned into a little reunion tour, or even an EP (temporary, of course, AG is better off in Circa Survive, a band that's still relevant, distinct, and dang awesome). Honestly, with all of the drama behind AG leaving almost 10 years behind them, I can actually imagine it happening. I'd be very curious to see what "Worst of Me" and "Bury Your Head" would sound like with AG on vocals.

AG has been teasing a "Heavy project" for a while now.

Probably not going to happen, but it would be cool, at least.

EDIT: and has anyone sticking up for the S/T actually listened to it lately? I threw it in for a long car ride the other night, and besides a few tracks (Bury Your Head, I Never Wanted To, Collapse) the album is pretty much on par with ISOSG overall. It just doesn't hold up that well. Most of the songs blur together; the only benefit it had to ISOSG was coming out at a point where it sounded new and "innovative."

Lovemaker/Worst of Me is the best Cove-era Saosin song, IMO, only because it sounds like it could have come from TtN-era Saosin.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums