Username
Password
AP.net Related News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 102.
01:28 PM on 01/17/13
Dustin Harkins
Go support Kony 2012 some more
User Info.
I don't even want to think about TMV's last album...
I think it gets too much shit for basically not sounding like a The Mars Volta album, but to each his own. Frances will always be my favorite, but anyway, the only thing I was really getting at with that is the comparison of what TMV puts into a record vs what Omar puts into solo records that get released nonstop.
01:28 PM on 01/17/13
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
I think Justin's entire record will have better reception in the long haul, much like Future/Sex did. I remember when "Sexyback" was released there seemed to be a 50/50 split as far as reaction goes. I really dig his new song, it's different, but at least it's not as bad as what Usher has been doing for the past 5 years.
01:30 PM on 01/17/13
Dustin Harkins
User Info.
I'm trying to think of other artists I'd genuinely include in this and I think Keagan pretty much hit the nail on the head with his 10 and I can't think of anyone else right now.
01:30 PM on 01/17/13
Deathco_019
She calls it a mayon-egg.
User Info.
Saosin is one I'd like to mention. I know ISOSG was bad, but I think TTN and S/T are both great and, even though it's going on four years now since an album, I am still really excited for what's next.
01:31 PM on 01/17/13
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
I think it gets too much shit for basically not sounding like a The Mars Volta album, but to each his own. Frances will always be my favorite, but anyway, the only thing I was really getting at with that is the comparison of what TMV puts into a record vs what Omar puts into solo records that get released nonstop.
Hahahaha, I mean it definitely IS a Mars Volta album, I just want quality like Deloused and Frances. Didn't he already release 3 albums this year?
01:32 PM on 01/17/13
Sloth7
Kitton Mittons
User Info.
Nine Inch Nails kind of fit this mold in my mind. Trent Reznor released music in his timeframe, sometimes with 5 or 6 year stetches inbetween actual releases of new albums, and in the later years, on a more frequent basis, all with fantastic results.
01:32 PM on 01/17/13
Dustin Harkins
User Info.
Hahahaha, I mean it definitely IS a Mars Volta album, I just want quality like Deloused and Frances. Didn't he already release 3 albums this year?
As a matter of fact, he did. I didn't even know that hahaha.

EDIT: 28 albums in the last 9 years...
01:35 PM on 01/17/13
cshadows2887
User Info.
This seems a silly question. Of course you'd rather a band be able to wait until they're absolutely ready for new music to come out. But it's also helpful to be able to eat, so not too many bands are ever going to be able to afford that.
01:35 PM on 01/17/13
mka12992
I called in sick from your funeral
User Info.
Nine Inch Nails, Modest Mouse, Deftones (pre-Diamond Eyes), Pinback, and Queens of the Stone Age all come to mind.
01:37 PM on 01/17/13
Dustin Harkins
User Info.
John Legend has waited 5 years since his last album of original material and I am okay with the wait I had to endure just because I know it'll be great.
01:37 PM on 01/17/13
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
I almost included Jens Lekman as well.
01:38 PM on 01/17/13
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
As a matter of fact, he did. I didn't even know that hahaha.

EDIT: 28 albums in the last 9 years...
Dude's an animal. It's like Buckethead, except he doesn't get half as much attention as Omar.
01:38 PM on 01/17/13
Dustin Harkins
User Info.
Dude's an animal. It's like Buckethead, except he doesn't get half as much attention as Omar.
If he has a girlfriend or wife, she must hate him.
01:40 PM on 01/17/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Is this you being hopeful?
http://blogs.citypages.com/gimmenois..._streaming.php

Also in the interview, which is transcripted here with audio clips, Vernon mentions his upcoming work on at least three projects. So whether we hear new stuff from Volcano Choir, the mysterious collaboration with Gayngs' Ryan Olson and Astronautalis, or something completely different, there's going to be no shortage of output from Vernon. Definitely check out the rest of the interview, which as in-depth as any with Vernon that we've seen in a while.

Pretty sure you can still stream the audio from the interview, but they took down the transcript...mysteriously.
01:45 PM on 01/17/13
Jack Appleby
@JackMEB
User Info.
Ursa Major? If you're going to mention at one point good bands with douchebag lead singers who kicked everyone else out and then released a mediocrely crappy album several years later while keeping up the farce that it was somehow still the same band, why not include Chinese Democracy as well?

Hey, Out Of The Vein took just as long, and that's a fantastic record.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS