Username
Password
AP.net Related News - Page 7
Displaying posts 90 - 102 of 102.
09:44 PM on 01/17/13
smowashere
User Info.
Tokyo Police Club perhaps?
I would definitely agree with TPC. They get better with each release imo, and I'm dying for some new music. Saw them with Foster The People a while back and they played a ton of new songs that no one knew...
10:04 PM on 01/17/13
Dustin Harkins
Go support Kony 2012 some more
User Info.
always go for quality

what good is 3 new albums in one year if they're all super shit?

*cough* green day *cough*

At the same time, though, The Weeknd.
12:04 AM on 01/18/13
thanhtaiabc
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
www.chocongdong.com and wwwhanghoa.org
02:58 AM on 01/18/13
Archael
listens to good music
User Info.
At the same time, though, The Weeknd.
Shhh ;)
06:15 AM on 01/18/13
baton
ftfmusic.net
User Info.
I'd go for quality for sure! And I mean, there are bands like The Early November or Hot Water Music, that just come back from a hiatus etc., and they can put out an awesome album, but more likely I could wait more then 2 years for an album if it really is special, and it seems that the music needs time, and I probably won't lose interest with bands like Brand New.. I remember how hard was waiting for Circa Survive's Blue Sky Noise, it was 3 years I think... But it's also really amazing if an artist has a way to produce songs more often, Portugal. The Man was a good example as they released a lot in a quite short time, but also looking at projects like the Yearbook by Sleeping At Last... Sometimes it also takes more time because of some trouble, or member changes, and it usually doesn't end up too rewarding, so yeah, it all depends on the passion that is brought in a specific piece of work.
06:48 AM on 01/18/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
I would definitely agree with TPC. They get better with each release imo, and I'm dying for some new music. Saw them with Foster The People a while back and they played a ton of new songs that no one knew...

Nice. They are one of my favorites. They have such great songs that I dont really mind they take a while between albums and only have two full legths. Dude is a great, vivid songwriter.
07:20 AM on 01/18/13
theherox
Hi, I'm Alexander #2
User Info.
I would have easily mentioned Maroon 5, who took 5 years to release their sophomore album and they churned out an instant classic, followed by another great album a few years later. Too bad they threw it all away with their brand new album, giving up on artistic vision and quality and whatnot.
07:37 AM on 01/18/13
WaveUponWave
Six days no sleep
User Info.
He was brought up in the staff discussion before this was launched but as I said, he's averaged an album every 2 years or so throughout his career up until the recent decade gap, and that's due to a lot of factors including health issues, so he didn't really qualify. That's a danger with a lot of longstanding artists, just because they haven't released one in a little longer than "usual" doesn't mean before that they weren't churning them out (good or bad, irrelevant for now). Bowie sometimes had 2 or 3 out in one year even, for example.
Fair.

I think Thrice are a good example of quantity and quality, mostly made possible by their diversity I feel. My friend and I got talking to Ed one night after a show in Amsterdam and we asked him how they viewed their dramatic difference in styles, and he said it was because they're sense of identity was a love of music rather than holding any particular style as their identity. Kinda off topic but just thought I'd share with the group.
11:16 AM on 01/18/13
GarethNZ
User Info.
Does Joe and Drew's Podcast count? Maybe not anticipated, but it has been ages.....
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests