AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Drama News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Drama Flying Around Gaza

Posted by - 10:58 AM on 01/18/13
This is an odd story to try and follow - but this is what I've pieced together: Two days ago, a woman made an accusation that she was raped in her sleep by the lead singer of Gaza. The band responded on Facebook (message in the replies), and now the accuser has removed the aforementioned statement from her page and replaced it with a new one that says, "Neither of us are retracting our respective statements— instead we are deciding to not discuss it further and move on. This agreement means I will be unable to answer questions about this. I want to apologize to Gaza as a whole, my intention never was to damper the reputation or musical careers of the members, and I apologize to them."

Submitted by Archael

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 159
10:58 AM on 01/18/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Message from Gaza posted on Facebook:

Let me first say that this rape allegation is entirely untrue. Throwing this sort of
accusation up on the internet is reckless and completely slanderous. Two of my very close
friends have been raped and it was devastating to watch them go through the recovery
process, one of which I spent a summer helping through counseling. I went with her to the clinic to get her AIDS test results. Rape infuriates me, and I never see red like I do when I hear about it. This is not a subject or an accusation I take lightly. Anyone who knows me personally knows that I could never and would never force myself on anybody.

I'm sorry that you all have to be part of this drama, but this has to be addressed. This
mess in no way has anything to do with the band and I'm sorry for the other members as this is a black mark on us that is undeserved and untrue. Women’s rights and all forms of social justice are causes we champion. I would encourage this person as well as any other who feel they have been assaulted to go immediately to the police.
11:02 AM on 01/18/13
ParkwayTom
Forgive me, Nashville
User Info.
Weird... So I guess it wasn't true? I've never listened to Gaza, but I saw them open up for Terror (I think) and they seemed decent enough.
11:08 AM on 01/18/13
thesinkingship
this boat is obviously sinking
User Info.
Doesn't mean it wasn't true. Although if it is true, I wonder what the real reason is to why she isn't pursuing the allegations.
11:08 AM on 01/18/13
Arry
apreeesh
User Info.
rape. conflicting statements. not much context. facebook comments are ridiculous. totally not going to touch this.

it's friday. i'm out.

11:15 AM on 01/18/13
anamericangod
User Info.
Got really excited and thought AP was covering international politics.
11:17 AM on 01/18/13
brook183
Leave the lunchmeat for the sharks
User Info.
Their last record is very good.
11:19 AM on 01/18/13
15 Step
User Info.
her statement sounds like a scene from american psycho
11:21 AM on 01/18/13
mynameisandyjoe
User Info.
The singer of Gaza is one of the nicest, most genuine guys I've had the pleasure to work with at the venue I volunteer at. It sucks that someone would throw around these kind of false accusations.
11:22 AM on 01/18/13
SureAsRain
The Motel Life / Michael
User Info.

That was my initial reaction as well.
brook183
Leave the lunchmeat for the sharks
User Info.
her statement sounds like a scene from american psycho
Rosemary's Baby*
rawesome
Listen to Dave Hause pls
User Info.
Yeah same here. Then it was just silliness.
11:23 AM on 01/18/13
Charles777
my anaconda don't
User Info.
Weird... So I guess it wasn't true? I've never listened to Gaza, but I saw them open up for Terror (I think) and they seemed decent enough.
Rapists are very rarely falsely accused.
Amongster
Take A Deep Breath
User Info.
The singer of Gaza is one of the nicest, most genuine guys I've had the pleasure to work with at the venue I volunteer at. It sucks that someone would throw around these kind of false accusations.

You don't know her claim is false. You're just choosing to believe one side because you like the singer.
OurLadyCoolbean
False. Black bears.
User Info.
"I didn't mean to slander the name of a guy who supposedly violated me in my sleep."

Come on lady.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version