Username
Password

05:00 PM on 01/20/13 
User Info.
Amongster
Still On The Sand
Illinois, USA
Female - 24 Years Old
Dear God, I look for new music almost daily. I'd say 85% of the music in my library is stuff I've discovered on either this site or Last.fm. 10% I found via YouTube or iTunes, and the remaining 5% from the radio. Favourite bands I learned about in the past year:

BOY - (RIYL: Feist, Cults, Destry)
Brave New Storm - (RIYL: Fleet Foxes, Daughter, Sophie Hunger)
Clearview - (RIYL: Balance & Composure/ Basement/ Deja Entendu)
Everything And Between - (sad mid-tempo shit)
Grimes - (electronic w/ avant-garde influences)
Now, Now - (RIYL: Tegan & Sara, An Horse, Lemuria)
Poliça - (electronic/ r & b)
Shy Technology - (RIYL: We Were Promised Jetpacks, U2)
Tiger! Tiger! (pop-punk)

I came to this site looking for new punk and post-hardcore, but since then, I definitely listen to a lot more indie rock w/ twinkling guitars and electronic music.
05:45 PM on 01/20/13 
User Info.
Amongster
Still On The Sand
Illinois, USA
Female - 24 Years Old
I like Policia's sound but I feel like the autotune detracts a lot from the lady's fine voice.

Definitely cross over the bandcamp stuff to the bandcamp thread as well, if you haven't already.[/url]

I can totally see where you're coming from with Poliça. The vocalist has expressed that she wants her voice to be utilised as another instrument in the band rather than a focal point, so it makes sense she'd use so many effects on her singing. I just think of their music that way now.

As for the Bandcamp thread, I lurk there all the time. Lights & Motion is an absolute gem, and I'm glad they were shared there last week.
08:07 PM on 01/20/13 
User Info.
Amongster
Still On The Sand
Illinois, USA
Female - 24 Years Old

I found out about them from Gina. Can't wait for their album to drop in the States next month.
09:19 PM on 01/21/13 
User Info.
Amongster
Still On The Sand
Illinois, USA
Female - 24 Years Old
I Might Be Wrong, an indie-rock band akin to Metric's Live It Out, formerly signed to Sinnbus Records. Released two albums and then broke up last summer.

10:03 PM on 01/21/13 
User Info.
Amongster
Still On The Sand
Illinois, USA
Female - 24 Years Old
You know what? Just check out Sinnbus Records. It's a German label focused on indie-rock, electronic, and folk acts (a great amount of which sing in English), and everything just happens to fucking slay. All of it. There's a YouTube playlist embedded on their homepage.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos