All Posts by User
Displaying user's 19 posts.
04:37 AM on 01/21/13
Dre Okorley
User Info.
04:38 AM on 01/21/13
Dre Okorley
User Info.
StartUp RockOn is now saying that he left early due to a repetitive and poor performance.
04:59 AM on 01/21/13
Dre Okorley
User Info.
If he got kicked off for voicing his opinion, that's really, really shitty.

If he got kicked off for a poor performance (which wouldn't be too surprising knowing Lupe these days), then that's just a shame.
A bit too coincidental though considering his mic was cut off right after he said those lines.
05:23 AM on 01/21/13
Dre Okorley
User Info.
Ha, oh Dave Mustaine. Yeah, if Lupe doesn't support Obama, I'm not sure why he decided to do the concert, other than to create a bit of controversy. But, I still think he should be allowed to say what he wants on stage, he wasn't defaming or slandering Obama, just stating how he feels. Maybe it was a bit rude, but Obama's drone policy is awful and I think it's good that he said something about that.

Yeah, I thought that as well. I guess until we see the full show, not just a 30 second clip, we can't judge how well he was performing and whether the organiser's statement about his performance has any merit. He did look a bit drugged up in that clip, so who knows.
I dunno, haha. That's the worst excuse I've ever heard from an event sounding like it wants to cover its ass. If anyone believes that, they believe in the Easter Bunny, too.

I'm sure he was performing for awhile, and to say "drugged up" is a pretty strong term, haha.
https://twitter.com/joshrogin/status/293223399755501568

Huffington Post also posted up a list of similar tweets.
08:23 AM on 01/21/13
Dre Okorley
User Info.
A black man critical of Obama? RACIST!
A white pop punk kid from the suburbs saying something stupid once again? TROLL!
08:49 AM on 01/21/13
Dre Okorley
User Info.
No. He was removed after playing the same song for over a half hour, and refusing to do anything else.
It could easily be a combination of the two.

He was adding more and more controversial words to the same tune so that it would sink in and that he could express himself as long as he could, because the song was lyrically fitting and the timing was right.

Also, an event doesn't have to be "government sanctioned" for the organizers to be turned off by the content of a message, especially if he's emphasizing it and freestyling the rest.
09:17 AM on 01/21/13
Dre Okorley
User Info.
Shouldn't have said this on ap.net, posters here don't take sarcasm lightly
Hmm...sarcasm must mean buffoonery these days.
09:30 AM on 01/21/13
Dre Okorley
User Info.
oh, well either way its a private event, I wonder who did the research, I bet someones gettin fired.
Who said it was the fault of the administration? hah
09:45 AM on 01/21/13
Dre Okorley
User Info.
lol I don't know whos in charge of putting it together or organizing but its gonna come down to someones decision at some point
Ah ok, I think i just misunderstood you. I thought people were saying something else, but I agree.
09:46 AM on 01/21/13
Dre Okorley
User Info.
Or kidinthebushes is a hooting moron and no one should listen to him regardless.
09:58 AM on 01/21/13
Dre Okorley
User Info.
Someone needs to look up what the term "dictatorship" really means and look to countries that have actually experienced that. Good God.

I hate when people throw that term around and take our country's freedoms for granted. Makes me want to ship them off to an actual autocractic society.
10:13 AM on 01/21/13
Dre Okorley
User Info.
Had they lyrics not been up there, I wouldn't have understood it. I seriously doubt anyone there could've understood it at the time either. Maybe I'm wrong though, I can't say I'm a rap concert connoisseur...
The fans, maybe?

Or somewhat intelligent organizers who take the time to listen to the more politically charged lyrics given the circumstances?
10:23 AM on 01/21/13
Dre Okorley
User Info.
Obama patrol in full effect again!
Yes because feeling that it's ludicrous to say our country is approaching dictatorship means Obama patrol.

No, it just means we're not moronic.
10:30 AM on 01/21/13
Dre Okorley
User Info.
Our government is very shady, but it very rarely circumvents democratic process.
Not sure why this had to be said, but it has nothing to do with our country being a dictatorship or even being close to becoming one.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests