Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 127
09:14 AM on 01/21/13
theredline
Brian Gallows
User Info.
I will laugh if this is to record a new album, after slamming everyone earlier saying they will never do another album.

Edit: also am I the only one who thinks TPS is better than DCFC?

I agree
09:35 AM on 01/21/13
RayJoonya
DreamofSleeping.com
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Of course it's subjective, but you must not understand good musicianship and songwriting if you think The Postal Service was/is better than Death Cab.

They put out one good album with a couple great tracks, I enjoyed it, and still listen to it. I'm excited for what 2013 holds.

However, there are single songs by DCFC that in of themselves are better than TPS as a whole. We are talking about a band of four extremely talented musicians who defined a genre compared to their singer's whimsical side project that happened to be pretty good.

This is all that needs to be said. Dcfc for life.
09:44 AM on 01/21/13
rivers cuomo
User Info.
Curious as to how new material MIGHT sound given Ben Gibbard's new singing style... It's not bad, I just prefer his Trans/Plans era vocals

Is the DNTEL material any good?
09:58 AM on 01/21/13
Jake Gyllenhaal
Through the lips, over the gums
User Info.
Is this the band that did a cover of Confide's "Such Great Heights"?

09:59 AM on 01/21/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Curious as to how new material MIGHT sound given Ben Gibbard's new singing style... It's not bad, I just prefer his Trans/Plans era vocals

Is the DNTEL material any good?

First, what?

Second, yes. Both albums are great. Especially "Rock My Boat"
09:59 AM on 01/21/13
nfarreller
http://asgideonweeps.bandcamp.co m/
User Info.
You guys are getting my hopes up that it's actually new material, don't do that to my fragile heart.
10:04 AM on 01/21/13
Kdenisarealboy
As Much of The Sky As Possible
User Info.
Is this the band that did a cover of Confide's "Such Great Heights"?

No I think its the band who covered this song
10:12 AM on 01/21/13
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
User Info.
So, if you Had To Speculate, do you think we'll get a new album or just a few shows?
10:14 AM on 01/21/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
So, if you Had To Speculate, do you think we'll get a new album or just a few shows?

A few shows, maybe a small tour after/before coachella is my prediction
10:15 AM on 01/21/13
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
Some real bad posts in this thread. That being said, this is the best news in a long time. Hoping DCFC does do something this year though. A Postal Service 10th year anniversary tour would parlay perfectly into a Transatlanticism 10th year anniversary tour :)
10:29 AM on 01/21/13
15 Step
User Info.
Of course it's subjective, but you must not understand good musicianship and songwriting if you think The Postal Service was/is better than Death Cab.

They put out one good album with a couple great tracks, I enjoyed it, and still listen to it. I'm excited for what 2013 holds.

However, there are single songs by DCFC that in of themselves are better than TPS as a whole. We are talking about a band of four extremely talented musicians who defined a genre compared to their singer's whimsical side project that happened to be pretty good.
i hate death cab. i love postal service. im pretty sure i understand good musicianship and songwriting. don't tell me otherwise. i look at postal service as a godsend considering the whole album was done by sending tracks back and forth via mail. i see that as way better than having four guys in a room together. it takes serious musicianship to pull off what postal service did.
10:31 AM on 01/21/13
movingxpictures
Is it a dream keeping you awake?
User Info.
I'm hoping it's a slew of tour dates, because I would see them live in a heartbeat.
10:34 AM on 01/21/13
Arry
apreeesh
User Info.
okay, now i have to go to coachella
10:35 AM on 01/21/13
pissand409
User Info.
i hate death cab. i love postal service. im pretty sure i understand good musicianship and songwriting. don't tell me otherwise. i look at postal service as a godsend considering the whole album was done by sending tracks back and forth via mail. i see that as way better than having four guys in a room together. it takes serious musicianship to pull off what postal service did.
You don't understand good musicianship and songwriting.
10:38 AM on 01/21/13
movingxpictures
Is it a dream keeping you awake?
User Info.
This is honestly one of the dumbest things I've seen posted on AP in a while.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos