AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 23 posts.
01:50 PM on 01/21/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Why did you work there for more than month if you're that open about your non-Christian beliefs. Moreover, if you liked your job, why would you wear a shirt that CLEARLY would stir the pot? He knew what he was doing wearing the shirt.

Obviously it's bullshit he got fired, but come on.
01:51 PM on 01/21/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Work environment etiquette 101: DO not reveal your political or religious views while at work.

I agree
02:41 PM on 01/21/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Wait a minute, the music venue is "Christian"? It's times like these I'm glad I don't live in America, I really don't understand why everything is so orientated towards religion.

well, i guess it's a good thing everything isn't then.
02:43 PM on 01/21/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Because a) he was wearing a BAND SHIRT AT A CONCERT VENUE b) he isn't trying to denty anyone anything.

Don't be ignorant. I agree with gay marriage, but this kid got what he knew was coming. He knew by wearing the shirt he was going to get asked to remove it or have someone say something. Period.
02:47 PM on 01/21/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
If he wore a shirt stating he supports racial equality and got fired for that, I doubt so many people be quick to defend Rocketown and say the employee was pushing a political issue.

hmm

You're kind of missing the point...people aren't defending Rockettown for their beliefs (like me) we're defending their right to fire this kid. They are well within that right. If it was a racial issue, I would feel the same way...only I would think they are redneck racists who are well within their right to fire someone.
02:53 PM on 01/21/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Please tell me how he shit on their beliefs? If anything they shit on his by firing him.

THEY OWN the venue. THEY employ him. HE is the employe.

When you get a new job, do you walk in the first day and rewrite company guidelines?

Maybe I'm missing something here. Also, again, we aren't agreeing with the termination, but we agree they CAN.
02:54 PM on 01/21/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
I think we would, we'd all be wondering why the fuck he got fired from an athiest owned venue for wearing that shirt....

An athiest wouldn't believe in that.
02:55 PM on 01/21/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Sure, that doesn't make it right of course. Getting fired for wearing a shirt is simply overboard especially if you've been a good employee for 7 years. It's not like it was his first day.

I completely agree. You contradicted yourself though...
02:58 PM on 01/21/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.

It was a joke
02:58 PM on 01/21/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
wouldn't believe in ____ ?

^^ a joke
03:00 PM on 01/21/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Good for him! The more people that take a stand on this issue, the better. No one should be denied basic human rights. It's not OK to discriminate against someone based on their race, sexual preference, etc.

We're so close to the tipping point on this issue. A few more old people just have to die off. Believe whatever you want to believe about your god(s), flying spaghetti monsters, etc... but those beliefs have no bearing whatsoever in regards to what happens in our reality.

Well said.
07:57 PM on 01/21/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Still don't understand WHY this guy worked there seeing as he obviously wasn't afraid to display his convictions. Did he get some weird joy in pushing HIS agenda in his company's face? With 7 years of experience, you would think he could book somewhere else.
07:19 AM on 01/22/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.

"It's a cross."
"Across from where?"
07:28 AM on 01/22/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
This is a non-profit youth center. What's of paramount importance in this case isn't what hurts and doesn't hurt a business. It's what hurts and doesn't hurt the young people that come to Rocketown so that they have a safe place to go after school or on the weekends and an anti-gay agenda DOES hurt those kids.

Although this is somewhat different, Ill say it anyway. I went to a private catholic university. We were required to take 3 religion courses that relied heavily on bible reading and in some cases going to mass. Did I go into the dean's office and say "fuck you! Satan lives! I'm not taking this bullshit!" No, because I'm not an arrogant prick. I sucked it up, did my work and got through them.

This kid should have done the same if his job was important to him. You aren't going to change the opinion of these people, this youth center or entire swaths of Christians by wearing a fucking pop punk t-shirt. If he wants to make a difference he should be working for a party or candidate that will fight for equality.

Also, again, why was he working there?
09:45 AM on 01/22/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Because it was a chance to create a positive space for the youth of Nashville in a place that until recently had not acted in a way that was anti-gay rights.

As was said earlier, you can be Christian and pro-gay rights and everyone that I spoke to at Rocketown about this in the past was just that.

Being non-Christian and working at a Christian-run place isn't the issue.

Obviously, that's the precise issue, Soup.

There's a time and place to.be defiant. He chose the wrong venue.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests