Username
Password
Politics News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 278.
02:17 PM on 01/21/13
more heart
Get Hurt
User Info.
Awful situation, but on the subject, didn't this venue ban a metal band that was booked to play there a few years back? I think I remember it being posted on here and there even was a story about it on the local news in Nashville.
02:18 PM on 01/21/13
phillipjacob
@phillipjacob
User Info.
I think in the long run these terrible acts by what I'm going to call "some christians" as not all of us of religious faith are behind the times.

I love God. I go to church. and yes I support Gay marriage. Actually my church is in favor of it to the extent they believe everyone deserves the same fundamental rights...it bothers me when we're put lump sum into being all Christians have the same backwards views.

but as I was saying in the long run, these things will only provide more of a wake up call for society. Our country is becoming more diversified than ever and increasingly in favor and support of gay rights...the majorities against it become more of a minority every day.

And a public venue that relies on the bands that come through and most of the bands that play there support gay marriage...if they decide to skip that venue in favor of another Nashville one..well you see what happens to the venue then.
02:20 PM on 01/21/13
Junction183
User Info.
private company, bad judgement but entirely within their right
iseejosh
Registered Member
User Info.
Awful situation, but on the subject, didn't this venue ban a metal band that was booked to play there a few years back? I think I remember it being posted on here and there even was a story about it on the local news in Nashville.
They've recently banned Motionless in White and Asking Alexandria.
ConnorCorruptNJ
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
that venue stopped Motionless In White from playing a show they were a day away from just because of their religious views.
02:21 PM on 01/21/13
RandomGui
SESAME STREET HARDCORE CREW
User Info.
Work environment etiquette 101: DO not reveal your political or religious views while at work.
Literally sums it up. Sucks that the dude got fired but it's a professional job, not a platform for your political beliefs.
PirateSkater182
I want a new username.
User Info.
Oh yeah.. I remember something about that, but I don't remember what exactly it was. Somebody know?

v Two posts down v
PillsAndAdvice
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I really find Hostage Calm's stance annoying, and I'm all for equality. When I saw them they played for 20 minutes and ranted about this for 30 minutes. Then I couldn't just buy a Hostage Calm shirt, all they had was the "I Support Same Sex Marriage" stuff. I just think it's kind of an abuse of their platform. Plus their music is pretty uninspired and makes me think they just do it for this kind of thing.
Everything in this post is either wrong or a gross exaggeration.
02:22 PM on 01/21/13
more heart
Get Hurt
User Info.
They didn't ban them, but parents wanted the venue to ban Toxic Holocaust from playing. Lol at the dad in this video who thinks that because they booked a "satanic" band, kids are going to think it's ok.

02:22 PM on 01/21/13
dizzleforizzle
me, myself, and I
User Info.
Wow. I used to go to there all the time when I lived in Nashville, but I never knew they were so backward-thinking. From what I remember, Wes did a lot for that place and deserves much more respect. All of this is fucked up.
02:23 PM on 01/21/13
more heart
Get Hurt
User Info.
They've recently banned Motionless in White and Asking Alexandria.
I heard about Asking Alexandria getting banned, but Motionless In White Is News to me.
02:23 PM on 01/21/13
Arry
apreeesh
User Info.
I really find Hostage Calm's stance annoying, and I'm all for equality. When I saw them they played for 20 minutes and ranted about this for 30 minutes. Then I couldn't just buy a Hostage Calm shirt, all they had was the "I Support Same Sex Marriage" stuff. I just think it's kind of an abuse of their platform. Plus their music is pretty uninspired and makes me think they just do it for this kind of thing.
Huh? Really? I didn't get that vibe at all. If this is an abuse of their platform, then hundreds of metal/punk/indie bands are abusing their platform.
02:24 PM on 01/21/13
nfarreller
http://asgideonweeps.bandcamp.co m/
User Info.
Everything in this post is either wrong or a gross exaggeration.
To be fair, it was like the 3rd to last stop on the tour, so merch was probably thin. But they did talk more than they played, and they weren't even the headliner.

I meant the amount they do it is the abuse, it's like the whole band is based around this.
02:24 PM on 01/21/13
The Summer Ends
COYS
User Info.
maybe if he wasn't such an egde-master and didn't make it a point to flaunt that he's not Christian and supports things that his employer wouldn't at all he'd still have a job.

i support gay marriage and everything, but there's a time and a place to be an activist. if you work for a christian company with christian principles, don't be an edgy teen and piss off the people who pay your salary.
02:26 PM on 01/21/13
HarryPotter
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I don't care who or what gets married. I don't know for sure if theres a god or if there isnt. But bottom line, im not the judge of the quick and the dead. Im not the creator or destroyer of worlds. That person can judge, I need not do it.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests